Honest Question - When did you believe (Wisconsin)?

I was not too comfortable after the missed field goal, but believed once I looked up at the clock and realized how awful Hornibrook looked and how well we were containing the huge runs, which meant there was not enough time for UW to come back. After the turnover right after the missed field goal, I know for sure.

Exactly. I’m glad Wisky didn’t want to burn the backup’s redshirt. That had me worried for awhile.

After the Huff interception and subsequent 8 yard run I said, "if this were any other team this game would be over."
When Fleck started running down the clock in the third quarter I decided that it wouldn't be his fault if we ended up losing the game.
I wasn't fully confident until we were up by 30 with like 5 minutes left tho.
They did it! RTB Ski-U-Mah! Go Gophers!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I kept the sound off, didn't post or text until 4 minutes left in the game when the wife finally said "Can we turn the sound on now?". It was a glorious relief to know we had done something that hadn't happened for 14 years.

After all the nightmares, the blown leads, the horrific comebacks, when in this game did you believe we were going to win.

I didn't believe at half time. I felt hopeful after the 3rd quarter (up 16 and they were punting). But the Barber fumble was when it felt in the bag...

I was sitting next to an Alabama fan at the bar watching the UA Auburn game and he kept saying to me "Wisconsin is going to come back until I called him out "You are just trying to get me going aren't you"

I was 99% sure it was over when Wisconsin called their first time out with around 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter during that fantastic drive. It would have been a ridiculous comeback even if the Gophers didn't score 14 more points after that!

i knew we were going to win when demetrius douglas returned the punt for a TD

17-0 I thought it was over. Didn’t dare say it though

When the Badgers drove the field in their last drive of the first half, and were going to receive the kickoff to start the 2nd half, I thought that the Gophers really needed to weather things early in the 3rd.... they did, and it just got better and better....

I was sitting next to an Alabama fan at the bar watching the UA Auburn game and he kept saying to me "Wisconsin is going to come back until I called him out "You are just trying to get me going aren't you"

Did you remind him of the score the last time MN and Alabama played? I was there, btw. Hope those two hook up again in the next few years, preferably with a lot on the line :)

The Barber recovery for sure. The best part was him running the ball over to Fleck.

Yeah they were down by 17 and Wisconsin isn’t built for comebacks. That’s the moment I was probably 90% on a win. To be honest I wasn’t really worried most of the game when I saw their defense was soft, a continuing trend all season.

I think that that Douglas return might have sobered up the Badger fans a little bit. I think any time the opposing fans start seeing Johnson, Bateman, A.Bell, and Douglas making plays, or just when they see how how fast and impressive they are they sort of freak out.

Those early inside slant completions set a tone, and the last couple to get the crucial first downs on the time killing dries cemented that fear.

Minnesota has better athletes outside than they do, and that is not normal to them.

I was about to when EC missed the FG. The turnover right after did it.

Same here as to win I knew we would win it.

I wasn't so surprised by the win (surprised by the score!), though. I thought we had a decent chance because Wisconsin was a really mediocre 7-4 (given the cumulative record of their opponents) and we had two pretty good defensive games in a row going into the game.

Honestly believed we could beat the Badgers on September 15th after watching them v BYU.
Then, a ton of stuff happened and I still believed our D could throw a scare into them (after watching our D in tOSU game) - matchup v styles thing. Today’s game - never believed until last 3:00 or so - seen too much stuff over years. Happy for the kids to go bowling and get some extra practice in. In the end - don’t turn ball over and create turnovers is a great winning formula.

When Morgan hit Johnson over the middle for the first down in that back-breaking drive. That was cold blooded, and it literally took my breath away. I'll never forget that play as long as I live. The Gophers wanted it bad, and they grabbed it hard on that play. It showed that there was going to be no choking, no wilting, no doubt. It was really a moment.

So many "here we go again" thoughts with the missed field goal but then went from that low to the high after the sack fumble. Everything after that was pure enjoyment!

When Morgan hit Johnson over the middle for the first down in that back-breaking drive. That was cold blooded, and it literally took my breath away. I'll never forget that play as long as I live. The Gophers wanted it bad, and they grabbed it hard on that play. It showed that there was going to be no choking, no wilting, no doubt. It was really a moment.

Me too. That third down conversion and that clock eating drive was really impressive even if it didn’t yield points.

So many "here we go again" thoughts with the missed field goal but then went from that low to the high after the sack fumble. Everything after that was pure enjoyment!

This is likely my answer as well. I was pretty confident the whole 4Q, but the missed FG let some doubting creep back in for me. “Here we go again” is likely the exact words I used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is likely my answer as well. I was pretty confident the whole 4Q, but the missed FG let some doubting creep back in for me. “Here we go again” is likely the exact words I used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at the prep bowl, and when Carpenter missed I started shaking my head. My brother in law was like, what? I told him and said, "Two score game." He assured me it was over. He was right.

Slant to Johnson for first in 4th. Missed fg made me tad nervous, but I was hyped

Badger fans Exodus had started earlier than that

After Douglas’ return for touchdown

After Douglas’ return for touchdown

When Douglas returned the TD, I finally had faith. I felt they had clinched it when they marched down the field into FG range. Even after the missed FG, math told me the game was all but over. The only thing remaining in my head was years of Minnesota sports' meltdowns. Even such, I still felt comfortable. The D was playing inspired.

Like many of you after the missed FG I thought we could be in trouble. But the following Gopher tochdwn play right after the strip sack I knew we had them.

I was sweating bullets on the missed FG still. Bad memories of being in the student section in 05. Shortly after it turned dramatically!

I am with you. I didn’t feel secure then until about 6 minutes left in the game when we scored off another turnover.

That weird 4th down with the challenge, second timeout, and then 24 with the run for the score after the Durr INT when Becky was driving to take the lead made me believe. The punt return made it real but I couldn't feel confident until the late turnover. I have seen too many Gopher implosions.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I felt pretty good after we stopped them on downs and kicked the field goal, to go up 20 to 7, but I didn't feel fully comfortable until the strip sack and subsequent touchdown.

I will freely admit that when Carpenter missed the kick I got nervous. The fumble recovery by Barber let me finally relax and truly enjoy it because it was clear at that point that this story had a different ending as opposed to the usual Badger game heartbreak.

Strip sack after missed field goal

Same spot for me. I had two big "here we go again moments." First was when we go up 17-0 on the punt return, and look to take a 17 point lead into the half, and then they effortlessly moved the length of the field in a minute. Same thing happened against NW, we need to work on that.

Second was the Carp missed FG. About 5 minutes on the clock up 16, I was seeing a quick TD, a Gopher three and out, and then another two minute drill TD to force overtime.

Well said!

Julian's INT in the 3rd. The five minute drive FG after that sealed it for me. Bucky looked like a defeated team at that point.

Top Bottom