Honest Question - When did you believe (Wisconsin)?

Sparlimb

Reaction score
After all the nightmares, the blown leads, the horrific comebacks, when in this game did you believe we were going to win.

I didn't believe at half time. I felt hopeful after the 3rd quarter (up 16 and they were punting). But the Barber fumble was when it felt in the bag...

I was sweating bullets on the missed FG still. Bad memories of being in the student section in 05. Shortly after it turned dramatically!

After the last Wisconsin turnover was when I went and got the champagne out of the fridge.

I was about to when EC missed the FG. The turnover right after did it.

After all the nightmares, the blown leads, the horrific comebacks, when in this game did you believe we were going to win.

I didn't believe at half time. I felt hopeful after the 3rd quarter (up 16 and they were punting). But the Barber fumble was when it felt in the bag...
That was when I thought it was going to finally happen.

I did go and watch the second half by myself because I was nervous.

The punt to start the 4th. I said to my family if we don't turn it over the game is ours.

Was believing until the missed FG, then started to worry, then events went our way again and I was back in.

30-7. That's when I finally gave myself permission to believe

I think all Mobil carriers saw an increase in text traffic after that last touchdown..I know I was too afraid to respond to any of the texts I got until it was well in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, I started texting with 5:00 left and was still nervous but when Barber handed off to PJF I was elated !

Swore at the missed field goal and said "hear we go again" in my head (still mentally injured from the Mason years). I "believed" when Barber took the fumble way.

Check out my posts in the game thread. The days of turtling up and blowing it are over. This is a new era and these kids will be finishers! Ski-U-Mah!

When the gun went off. I saw the players storm the goal post and thought the refs were going to call too many players on the field and come up with a rule (after talking with Jim Delany) to give the opponent the ball back multiple times, but then I remembered we weren't playing Ohio State.

However, I did feel comfortable after Bryce William's second TD. I worry alot.

I was not too comfortable after the missed field goal, but believed once I looked up at the clock and realized how awful Hornibrook looked and how well we were containing the huge runs, which meant there was not enough time for UW to come back. After the turnover right after the missed field goal, I know for sure.

Agree.

That EC drive almost did it on it's own. Was making it look very unlikely WI would have time the way our Defense was playing.

Half wat through the 3rd quarter. Stopped their offense to start the half. Then, the LOOOONG DRIVE.

Third quarter when Gophers held on D on 4th down, turnover on downs. .Then it felt real.
Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Honestly not until the Barber recovery. After the missed field goal my stomach sank like a stone.

PJ Fleck said all along that the kids are learning through failures and to be patient. When the Gophers got routed in Illinois, I had a seed of doubt until PJ Fleck fired Robb Smith.

I think today the team showed the promise of what can be as they mature together as players.

What you said!

Yup! The missed field goal brought Gopher nightmares to the surface. The WI turnover made it safe to jump in the water.

The long drive. How it turned out did not matter. Can’t remember seeing anything like it from the Gophers in a very long time. They just took over, ran an offense that was as effective as it was conservative.

Honestly, the way were controlling the line of scrimmage, I felt pretty good once we got up 23-7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The touch down after the fumble recovery. Up two scores with 5 minutes didn’t seem like enough.

I couldn’t help but imagine a fumble and scoop and score followed by a gopher three and out. My friends were wondering what is wrong with me. I guess over the years I’ve just developed some self preservation defense mechanisms.

After the Huff interception and subsequent 8 yard run I said, "if this were any other team this game would be over."
When Fleck started running down the clock in the third quarter I decided that it wouldn't be his fault if we ended up losing the game.
I wasn't fully confident until we were up by 30 with like 5 minutes left tho.

Top Bottom