Which bowl?

If I’m a Bowl I’d want Fleck’s Minnesota over Wisconsin. I’d even probably throw Michigan St in there along with wisconsin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nashville a great town for entertainment and restaurants. But watch out for the bedbug plague in hotels, motels - all over East Coast now and spreading. The best online guide, Bedbug Registry, went out of active operation (hotel pressure?), but the older results are still up at that site.

It’s bowl season and that can only mean one thing: bedbugs.

Nashville a great town for entertainment and restaurants. But watch out for the bedbug plague in hotels, motels - all over East Coast now and spreading. The best online guide, Bedbug Registry, went out of active operation (hotel pressure?), but the older results are still up at that site.
I can confirm there were no bed bugs in my hotel room in Nashville. Can you add that to your bed bug website?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Why would the Music City Bowl take Purdue over Wisconsin?
Especially considering the Wisconsin fans would out drink the Purdue fans by tenfold. It would be a major economic loss to choose Purdue.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

If I’m a Bowl I’d want Fleck’s Minnesota over Wisconsin. I’d even probably throw Michigan St in there along with wisconsin.

This might be more true than ever. I would guess this year will be the worst Wisconsin will travel for a long time. Their fans can’t be that hyped to go travel to a bowl this year.

Why would the Music City Bowl take Purdue over Wisconsin?
I'd hope that if they'd consider taking a 6-6 Purdue team over a 7-5 Wisconsin team....that we'd also be in the mix since we laid the hammer down on both of them. Unfortunately Wisconsin is a bigger name team right now and Purdue has that shiny win over OSU. Fleck might help to make the Gophers a bit more attractive though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A lot of people are talking about taking a team with a lesser record over another for a given bowl game due to traveling fans. To be clear, there are rules in play for most B1G bowls that prevents repeat teams within a short window (I think it’s 5 different teams over 6 years). Because of this, I’ve seen a couple of sites slating us against an 8-4 Stanford, due to the fact we have not been to that bowl, while other B1G teams with better records have. I also heard the B1G decides who goes where, not the bowl itself. They only have the affiliation.

A lot of people are talking about taking a team with a lesser record over another for a given bowl game due to traveling fans. To be clear, there are rules in play for most B1G bowls that prevents repeat teams within a short window (I think it’s 5 different teams over 6 years). Because of this, I’ve seen a couple of sites slating us against an 8-4 Stanford, due to the fact we have not been to that bowl, while other B1G teams with better records have. I also heard the B1G decides who goes where, not the bowl itself. They only have the affiliation.
I think Stanford is 7-5....but either them or Oregon would be great draws.

I'd hope that if they'd consider taking a 6-6 Purdue team over a 7-5 Wisconsin team....that we'd also be in the mix since we laid the hammer down on both of them. Unfortunately Wisconsin is a bigger name team right now and Purdue has that shiny win over OSU. Fleck might help to make the Gophers a bit more attractive though.

The Music City is a reasonable driving distance for Purdue fans and I believe Brohm’s dad and brother are on the Bowl’s board.

Well it mite and it mite not be..........

ROFLMAO!

Well, it isn't very funny if you are a victim. My son changed hotels recently in Mexico City. He had bites. When he got home, he unpacked everything in the garage and fumigated everything. All of his clothes immediately went into the washer in hot water and baking soda.

The bedbugs have increasingly become pesticide resistant. They are getting bigger, faster, and nastier with their own strength and conditioning programs.

Their Number 1 Target - Bowl Fans.

Last edited:

Jerry Palm now has MN vs BC in Quick Lane.

Approximately what time will the Gopher Bowl announcement be made?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for the Redbox Bowl, so the players get all those free rentals. ;)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for the Redbox Bowl, so the players get all those free rentals. ;)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Definitely feels like it is the most likely with the recent predictions and all the pick scenario rules.

Redbox holding on most websites after play-off announcement.

First. No way a month ago I thought we would be debating what bowl we were going to be in. I mailed it in after Illinois. Now? Detroit and Nashville are easy drives. I have a sister in NorCal. So pretty good chance I will be making the trip. This is fun. Really is. Row the freaking boat.

Minn at Redbox, Wisc at Detroilet.

Quick Lane Bowl Dec 26 - MN vs Virginia? Pinstripe Bowl Dec 27 - MN vs Syracuse? Music City Bowl Dec 28 - MN vs Vandy. What else is everyone hearing?

Games MN could play in:
https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminneapolis/bowl-projections-9-bowl-games-minnesota-gophers-could-play

Can't see Gophs going to Music City. Looks like Redbox is most predicted. Would be a good matchup with Gophs solid underdogs. Gives Fleck & Co a chance for a showcase win. Syracuse would be another nice matchup but I can't see that being the Pinstripe matchup.

Can't see Gophs going to Music City. Looks like Redbox is most predicted. Would be a good matchup with Gophs solid underdogs. Gives Fleck & Co a chance for a showcase win. Syracuse would be another nice matchup but I can't see that being the Pinstripe matchup.

It will be nice to see them play against Oregon and hopefully beat them.

In the most recent projections, I'm seeing the Quicklane more than other two (Redbox and Pinstripe).

In the most recent projections, I'm seeing the Quicklane more than other two (Redbox and Pinstripe).

I know beggars can’t be choosers but anywhere but Detroit.

Penn St. at #12 in the rankings. That's a surprise to me. So they'll be in a NY6 bowl along ith OSU and Michigan therefore bumping everyone in the B1G up another rung.

Top Bottom