Which bowl?

Penn St. at #12 in the rankings. That's a surprise to me. So they'll be in a NY6 bowl along ith OSU and Michigan therefore bumping everyone in the B1G up another rung.

Yup. That was extremely fortunate. Should hopefully keep us out of Detroilet

Seeing a lot of Servpro First Responder bowl (formerly heart of dallas)

Should be mentioned that to get to #12 Penn State jumped over Washington state and Claeys. No Big six bowl game for the Cougars

A lot of people are talking about taking a team with a lesser record over another for a given bowl game due to traveling fans. To be clear, there are rules in play for most B1G bowls that prevents repeat teams within a short window (I think it’s 5 different teams over 6 years). Because of this, I’ve seen a couple of sites slating us against an 8-4 Stanford, due to the fact we have not been to that bowl, while other B1G teams with better records have. I also heard the B1G decides who goes where, not the bowl itself. They only have the affiliation.

My understanding is that the Quick Lane Bowl, First Responders Bowl, Armed Forces Bowl, and Rose Bowl have no limitations on repeat teams. The Pinstripe Bowl requires 6 teams in 8 years and aims to have 8 different teams over 8 years. The Gator Bowl and Music City Bowl require no repeat teams in the 6 year period. All of the other Big 10 bowls require 5 teams in 6 years. The 6 or 8 year period started in 2014-2015 with the CFB Playoff so this is year 5. I don't think any of them that limit repeat teams have repeated a team yet so technically no one is locked out other than teams who have already played in the Music City or Citrus Bowl but I think they want to avoid repeats this year as well so they leave next year fairly open.

If they do repeat teams this year, they severely limit themselves for next year which could make that very interesting. For example, if the Outback Bowl has Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, or Michigan this year, none of them can be in it next year without breaking the contract. If the Big 10 has 3 teams in the new year's 6 and none of them are from that list, the 8th best Big 10 team could end up playing in it.

I hope they go to NYC, as there is a lot to do there and the Stadium environment will be unique, if flawed. The weather will be possibly as bad as NYC in Dallas, and it will probably not be so great in SF either, and forget Detroit, so I'll take NYC over any of those places.

Penn St. at #12 in the rankings. That's a surprise to me. So they'll be in a NY6 bowl along ith OSU and Michigan therefore bumping everyone in the B1G up another rung.

Since there's a non-top 12 team in the NY6 (#15 Texas, best Big 12 team not in the CFB Playoffs), wouldn't the #12 not make the NY6?

There are 4 at large spots open and the top 4 teams not in a bowl are Michigan, Florida, UCF, and LSU.

I for one would welcome Detroit, as I'll be there for Xmas anyway and will actually be able to attend the game. Would like Quicklane vs Va Tech or Pinstripe vs Syracuse.

Penn State is playing in the Citrus Bowl

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If we go to Detroit while I come from MI to MN for Christmas, I'm gonna be slightly pissed.

Purdue headed to Music City Bowl.

Most of their projections were for Pinstripe or Quicklane. Them being in neither probably makes it more likely we are in one of those and less likely we were are in the Redbox Bowl.

Most of their projections were for Pinstripe or Quicklane. Them being in neither probably makes it more likely we are in one of those and less likely we were are in the Redbox Bowl.

Rumor is MSU to Pinstripe which leaves us with Quick Lane.

Redbox Bowl is Oregon vs Michigan State per sources.

ESPN Playoff Selection Show is boring!

Rumor is MSU to Pinstripe which leaves us with Quick Lane.

I saw Brett McMurphy project that the Big 10 will choose to send a team to the First Responders Bowl instead of Quick Lane and leave Quick Lane empty. So I guess that's possible too.

Happy with either but please be Pinstripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinstripe vs Miami (FL) would be awesome.

Pinstripe vs Miami (FL) would be awesome.

I’d sign up for that, though First Responders rather than Detroit would be fine as well.

I saw Brett McMurphy project that the Big 10 will choose to send a team to the First Responders Bowl instead of Quick Lane and leave Quick Lane empty. So I guess that's possible too.

Yes please.

MSU to Redbox Bowl seems to be somewhat official.

I have to think Pinstripe will be either us or Wisconsin. More projections are saying Wisconsin than us.

Basically down to Detroit or Dallas now with Wisconsin basically a lock for NY.

Why are people hoping for us to play a CUSA team in Dallas, when we could play an ACC team in Detroit??? That's a no-brainer, for the latter, in my opinion. Now, if the ACC couldn't fill the Quicklane and we'd have to play a MAC team, then that's a different story.

Top Bottom