Which bowl?

Plus Dallas would be way more fun to visit in Detroit, especially in the winter.

Have you been to Dallas? Sorry, but this one is an easy no. Neither location is going to be anything more than a fly-in, go to the hotel, go to dinner/bars, go to the game in a dome, go to dinner/bars, go to hotel, fly home, for most fans.

Dallas is incredibly spread out, and won't necessarily be "warm" in Dec. You'll probably still be wearing your jacket.

Agree to disagree. Playing Boise would not be bad. I just think we likely won't win, so we'd end the season on a low note, and media would give extra credit to Boise for G5 over P5 win. It's just a thing.

All depends on who they beat. Not sure beating the Gophs right now is like beating Oklahoma.

That wouldn't be bad.....but it sounds like the Big Ten may unfortunately opt for the First Responders Bowl against a C-USA team. The payout for that bowl is like double the payout for Quick Lane Bowl.....so the Big Ten will probably go for the cash grab rather than the brand name matchup.

Both payout $1.2million, according to their wikipedia pages. No idea how accurate those are.

Have you been to Dallas? Sorry, but this one is an easy no. Neither location is going to be anything more than a fly-in, go to the hotel, go to dinner/bars, go to the game in a dome, go to dinner/bars, go to hotel, fly home, for most fans.

Dallas is incredibly spread out, and won't necessarily be "warm" in Dec. You'll probably still be wearing your jacket.
There are some things around Dallas that would be fun to visit. 60 is better than 30.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

All depends on who they beat. Not sure beating the Gophs right now is like beating Oklahoma.

That's not how the media does it. They treat it like a big step change from the highest G5 to the lowest P5. College football fans know better, yes that's true.

What aren't you understanding about the fact that Boise St IS a brand-name matchup?

Is Boise confirmed for the First Responders? Because conference affiliation suggests a C-USA matchup.

Let's be honest though. Nobody cares what the results of the game is. I think Boise State would be a way more fun game than playing a 6 win ACC team.

I absolutely care what the results of the game "is".

There are some things around Dallas that would be fun to visit. 60 is better than 30.

50s is average high for Dallas in Dec, and yes that's better than 30s. Dallas is very spread out, so unless you're renting a car and staying extra days, you won't have any chance to visit anything.

Both games are played indoors, so it's 70s in the domes.

Dallas will be good to showcase the Gophers to future recruits.

That's not how the media does it. They treat it like a big step change from the highest G5 to the lowest P5. College football fans know better, yes that's true.

Why do you care how the “media does it”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This fan base and it’s infatuation with how the media perceives the Gophers is one of the weirdest things on this board.

The game is in the actual Cotton Bowl Stadium. Not a dome.

Agree to disagree. Playing Boise would not be bad. I just think we likely won't win, so we'd end the season on a low note, and media would give extra credit to Boise for G5 over P5 win. It's just a thing.

Nonsense. Everybody knows that Boise is a quality opponent year in and year out. Your assessment that every P5 team is better than every G5 team is stupid.

Dallas will be good to showcase the Gophers to future recruits.

A better showcase will be the Gophers on ESPN for whichever bowl game we end up in. Most recruits won't be going to the bowl game.

GT and the triple option.
Ick.

Why do you care how the “media does it”?

Because our media representation, ie the game telecast on ESPN, will be the most important impression of the Gophers football team. To casual fans, alumni, and recruits.

Nonsense. Everybody knows that Boise is a quality opponent year in and year out. Your assessment that every P5 team is better than every G5 team is stupid.

That's not my assessment. That's the media's assessment.

Moot point now anyway. You can hold whatever opinion you want, I don't care.

Georgia Tech is a higher draw than Miami or Virginia Tech, given that the Jackets beat both this year and finished with a better record.

Because our media representation, ie the game telecast on ESPN, will be the most important impression of the Gophers football team. To casual fans, alumni, and recruits.

You may be over thinking this one just a tad.

Shoot, would be more idea if Johnson and his 1940's offense were out the door before the bowl game, but guessing there's just no time for that. Now we'll have to spend a bunch of time and effort preparing for an offense (defense too, probably) that no one else runs.

But it's definitely a winnable game. Would be great to end the season on a high note, against a P5.

And Georgia is an important recruiting area for us.

Like it all around! Better than Dallas, outdoors, vs Boise. That is a 100% truth, for me.

That's not my assessment. That's the media's assessment.

Moot point now anyway. You can hold whatever opinion you want, I don't care.

No it's not. You are creating an imaginary narrative. Boise has been better than most P5 teams for a while now. Maybe if you don't follow college football very closely you wouldn't know that.

Top Bottom