Which bowl?

MSU to Redbox Bowl seems to be somewhat official.

I have to think Pinstripe will be either us or Wisconsin. More projections are saying Wisconsin than us.

Fact is that Sconnie travels better than us. Disappointed to end up in Detroit but honestly didn't think we'd be in a bowl game 4 weeks ago so happy there'll be a game with which we have a vested interest this bowl season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Iowa to Outback.

I think us and Wisconsin are the only ones left with Pinstripe, Quick Lane, and First Responders left.

I saw a MAC reporter say that a MAC team usually gets the first shot in Quick Lane if the Big 10 and ACC don't fill it. Since they didn't, I think that means one of us is going there. And I can't see any way they choose us over Wisconsin for NY.

Boise State looks like they're going to Dallas. Would be a cool opponent for us, but it's not looking good.

Why are people hoping for us to play a CUSA team in Dallas, when we could play an ACC team in Detroit??? That's a no-brainer, for the latter, in my opinion. Now, if the ACC couldn't fill the Quicklane and we'd have to play a MAC team, then that's a different story.

I do agree with that. I prefer the better matchup over the location.

Boise State looks like they're going to Dallas. Would be a cool opponent for us, but it's not looking good.

That's the WORST case for us, for playing a G5. A team that's as good as a P5, but with all the trap game of playing a G5. Nothing to lose for them, nothing to gain for us. That's how they'll spin it ... P5 was supposed to win, G5 was supposed to lose.

Please no. Detroit vs ACC please, if possible. I'd even take Detroit vs a MAC team, frankly.

That's the WORST case for us, for playing a G5. A team that's as good as a P5, but with all the trap game of playing a G5. Nothing to lose for them, nothing to gain for us. That's how they'll spin it ... P5 was supposed to win, G5 was supposed to lose.

Please no. Detroit vs ACC please, if possible. I'd even take Detroit vs a MAC team, frankly.

Let's be honest though. Nobody cares what the results of the game is. I think Boise State would be a way more fun game than playing a 6 win ACC team.

I do agree with that. I prefer the better matchup over the location.

Only one thing matters in a second rate bowl game. How good is the tiki bar on the beach? [emoji484][emoji483][emoji1634]

Let's be honest though. Nobody cares what the results of the game is. I think Boise State would be a way more fun game than playing a 6 win ACC team.

Amen. No one would even notice.

Why are people hoping for us to play a CUSA team in Dallas, when we could play an ACC team in Detroit??? That's a no-brainer, for the latter, in my opinion. Now, if the ACC couldn't fill the Quicklane and we'd have to play a MAC team, then that's a different story.

Correct. Playing a C-USA team is basically a no win situation IMO. At least playing an ACC team would be a decent conciliation.

Looks like Iowa to Outback.

I think us and Wisconsin are the only ones left with Pinstripe, Quick Lane, and First Responders left.

I saw a MAC reporter say that a MAC team usually gets the first shot in Quick Lane if the Big 10 and ACC don't fill it. Since they didn't, I think that means one of us is going there. And I can't see any way they choose us over Wisconsin for NY.

They may not want to match Miami v Wisconsin again since they played last year.

I'd rather play Boise State than a 6 win ACC team.

Boise is ranked I’ll give you that. From that standpoint a win over them may be more prestigious in the eyes of some.

I get what you're saying. You're not "wrong", but I will disagree with you. That will be way too difficult of a team for us, frankly, and we'd get zero credit for beating a G5, even if its a top 25 team. I'd much rather have a winnable game, and hopefully win the game to end the season on a high note.

They may not want to match Miami v Wisconsin again since they played last year.

2017 Orange Bowl rematch would definitely be marketable. Or at least, don't think that would be much of a negative to the Pinstripe execs.

That Boise State loss in OT to Fresno was a very interesting game to keep an eye on.

Both Fresno and Boise have some pretty impressive looking talent, and both coaches are very solid. Tedford might be getting too old to get a big job again, and Cal never should have fired him, but I suspect the Boise State coach Harsin is getting some calls.

I think both would be very tough bowl opponents for most teams to match up with.

Last edited:

I get what you're saying. You're not "wrong", but I will disagree with you. That will be way too difficult of a team for us, frankly, and we'd get zero credit for beating a G5, even if its a top 25 team. I'd much rather have a winnable game, and hopefully win the game to end the season on a high note.

There are certain G5 teams you definitely get credit for beating. Boise is one of those.

Basically down to Detroit or Dallas now with Wisconsin basically a lock for NY.

Most likely. But if the Pinstripe Bowl had reps at the Wisconsin game.....they may go a different direction. And considering that Purdue somehow jumped TWO 7-5 teams to land in the Music City Bowl.....it's not out of the realm of possibility that we nab New York.

Boise has name recognition. That would definitely be a better matchup than a 6-6 ACC team. Beating a no name C-USA team would be of little note. Beating Boise would definitely be credit worthy.

Miami confirmed for NY. Our saving grace might be that they pick us to avoid a Wisconsin-Miami rematch. Fans may turn their nose up at a rematch in a meaningless bowl. I won't hold my breath on that making them pick us though.

I don't want to play a non-power five.

Zero chance I'd go there (was just in NYC this summer), but playing Miami in the cold weather would be fun.

I'm thinking it's going to be the Hokies in Detroit. Would be a solid brand name to face.

I'm thinking it's going to be the Hokies in Detroit. Would be a solid brand name to face.

That wouldn't be bad.....but it sounds like the Big Ten may unfortunately opt for the First Responders Bowl against a C-USA team. The payout for that bowl is like double the payout for Quick Lane Bowl.....so the Big Ten will probably go for the cash grab rather than the brand name matchup.

That wouldn't be bad.....but it sounds like the Big Ten may unfortunately opt for the First Responders Bowl against a C-USA team. The payout for that bowl is like double the payout for Quick Lane Bowl.....so the Big Ten will probably go for the cash grab rather than the brand name matchup.

Plus Dallas would be way more fun to visit in Detroit, especially in the winter.

What aren't you understanding about the fact that Boise St IS a brand-name matchup?

Miami confirmed for NY. Our saving grace might be that they pick us to avoid a Wisconsin-Miami rematch. Fans may turn their nose up at a rematch in a meaningless bowl. I won't hold my breath on that making them pick us though.

Miami in New York would be cool.

Agreed. After the last decade of awesome, I think even casual fans know Boise State is a quality opponent.

There are certain G5 teams you definitely get credit for beating. Boise is one of those.

Boise has name recognition. That would definitely be a better matchup than a 6-6 ACC team. Beating a no name C-USA team would be of little note. Beating Boise would definitely be credit worthy.

Agree to disagree. Playing Boise would not be bad. I just think we likely won't win, so we'd end the season on a low note, and media would give extra credit to Boise for G5 over P5 win. It's just a thing.

Top Bottom