Which bowl?

You sit on a red box for 8-10 hours a day and tell me how you feel. You'd be looking like a baboon too.
Look like a baboon. Feel like a chump, er, chimp.

Who uses Redbox these days? The same people who get Netflix DVDs through the mail and have rotary phones, but aren't hipster ironic?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The high temp in San Fran varies only by about 10 degrees all year long. Not a huge change in temp.

To be honest you don't want it that warm. It makes the piles of human excrement in the street a little less appealing.

The mayor of San Francisco said it best 'There's More Feces ... Than I've Ever Seen"

To be honest you don't want it that warm. It makes the piles of human excrement in the street a little less appealing.

The mayor of San Francisco said it best 'There's More Feces ... Than I've Ever Seen"

santa clara, Levi's Stadium, is a bit of a drive from that problem. I don't recall much in the way of homeless in Santa Clara.

Fly into San Jose for the closest airport - should we get selected for redbox.

santa clara, Levi's Stadium, is a bit of a drive from that problem. I don't recall much in the way of homeless in Santa Clara.

Fly into San Jose for the closest airport - should we get selected for redbox.

Yeah I know, but I was weighing in on the discussion about San Francisco.

Bowl related, from Stewart Mandel The Athletic

"One of the closest picks to being a lock at this point is Purdue to the Music City Bowl. The Nashville game, which can choose either a Big Ten or ACC team, already had had its sights set on the 6-6 Boilers, but they’re even more attractive now after coach Jeff Brohm announced he’s staying."

His Projection:

Dec. 26 | Quick Lane | Detroit
Minnesota (B1G Nos. 8-9) vs. Wake Forest (ACC No. 9)

But also throws in this: "Finally, the winner of Saturday’s Cal-Stanford Big Game will likely stay in the Bay for the Redbox Bowl against either Michigan State or Minnesota."

Whatever bowl game the Gophies go to, I'm hoping it's a good matchup for the defense. In other words, a team with a more traditional quarterback.

Whatever bowl game the Gophies go to, I'm hoping it's a good matchup for the defense. In other words, a team with a more traditional quarterback.

I'd like to see it be a match up with a spread team running QB to see how much we've actually improved against that type of team.

Things are falling into place. Purdue to the Music City seems solid, and it sounds like the Outback wants Iowa to be its repeat team for this six-year bowl cycle (they've had four different teams in the first four years). Assuming an Ohio State win tomorrow night...

NYD6 -- Ohio State/Michigan
Citrus -- Penn State
Outback -- Iowa
Holiday -- Northwestern
Music City -- Purdue

Wisconsin, Michigan State and Minnesota all in the mix for San Francisco/New York/Detroit. Obviously the Quick Lane Bowl would kill to get Michigan State, and Sparty just played on the west coast last year in the Holiday so I think they'll be staying east either way. For now, I'll say the Gophers are most likely headed to Detroit with Wisconsin in San Fran and MSU in NYC.

Detroit post game snack
coney.jpg
Kind of like how Philadelphia has the two cheesesteak places Detroit has the Layfayette and another place next door (across the street from the Westin).

Hey....let's get win #7.....7-6.....winning season

Look like a baboon. Feel like a chump, er, chimp.

Who uses Redbox these days? The same people who get Netflix DVDs through the mail and have rotary phones, but aren't hipster ironic?

Hey, I watch a few movies from Redbox. Mainly movies that I missed in the theater, but don't want to wait until they hit Netflix a year from now. (and not every movie hits Netflix. These days, with all the different services and deals, some movies wind up on amazon or Hulu. I'm not going to subscribe to 3 or 4 different services. I suspect I'll get the new Disney service when it rolls out to get the Marvel movies and TV shows.)

Hey, I watch a few movies from Redbox. Mainly movies that I missed in the theater, but don't want to wait until they hit Netflix a year from now. (and not every movie hits Netflix. These days, with all the different services and deals, some movies wind up on amazon or Hulu. I'm not going to subscribe to 3 or 4 different services. I suspect I'll get the new Disney service when it rolls out to get the Marvel movies and TV shows.)
Ugh... I'm really moving towards not just cutting the cord, but crawling into a media cave and only coming out for sports events.

Vertical integration of the media is just bad for viewers.

I'd go to Nashville. Easy flight or drive (if I bring the dogs). I would not go to Detroit. Was there last year when we watched the Gophers @ Michigan. I like Detroit but don't need to be back soon (especially in December)

Would go to the Redbox deal for sure. But that seems unlikely.

NYC...would rather do other stuff there than watch football I think

I'd go to Nashville. Easy flight or drive (if I bring the dogs). I would not go to Detroit. Was there last year when we watched the Gophers @ Michigan. I like Detroit but don't need to be back soon (especially in December)

Nashville is a very dog friendly city..even have little mats of turf outside apartments for the dogs to use. I always thought that was kind of cool.

Nashville is a very dog friendly city..even have little mats of turf outside apartments for the dogs to use. I always thought that was kind of cool.

I've never been to Nashville, but would love to go. Driving 12 1/2 hours after Christmas might be nice too. Good week to be gone!

After we demolished Purdue 41-10.....why the hell would they get picked for the Stupid City Bowl?

That is a lot to put in ( ). I think you should have closed that side-thought after “Netflix.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nashville is fun for a night or two. Fun town. Would be a good bowl location. I was there a couple years ago for work and from what I saw it's a nice town.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I read some final bowl projetions this morning, and all three had the Gophers in different places:

Redbox vs. Utah
Pinstripe vs. Syracuse
Quick Lane vs. Virginia

This is one of the tougher years to predict final location that I can remember.

So....for best bowl placement....what do we want to happen today?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So....for best bowl placement....what do we want to happen today?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Georgia winning and Dawgs and Alabama staying in top four would help...keeps Oklahoma out of final four, which keeps Texas out of final 12, and maybe gets Penn State in New Years Six

Need OSU to win and Pitt to lose to also help get PSU in New Years Six.

Jerry Palm says Detroit vs Va Tech

Georgia winning and Dawgs and Alabama staying in top four would help...keeps Oklahoma out of final four, which keeps Texas out of final 12, and maybe gets Penn State in New Years Six

Need OSU to win and Pitt to lose to also help get PSU in New Years Six.

Seems certain Oklahoma is in.

Jerry Palm says Detroit vs Va Tech

I don’t like that destination, but I’m fine with the opponent if that is how it turns out.

I have seen Michigan State anywhere from Detroit to Outback Bowl. I’m confused as to how they could have such a swing in bowls.

I don’t like that destination, but I’m fine with the opponent if that is how it turns out.

Yeah.....I'd be alright with V Tech or Duke if we end up in Detroilet. Still hoping for Santa Clara.

Top Bottom