Which bowl?

Shoot, would be more idea if Johnson and his 1940's offense were out the door before the bowl game, but guessing there's just no time for that. Now we'll have to spend a bunch of time and effort preparing for an offense (defense too, probably) that no one else runs.

Nothing wrong with the team learning to defend a scheme like that. It's not like the specific gameplan from the 2018 bowl game was going to carry over to 2019 anyway.

Would be interesting if any of the Georgia-sourced players for the Gophs had any 'crutin offers from Georgia Tech.

As a born-and-bred Bulldog converted to a Gopher it will be fun to watch Tech go down.

Georgia Tech is a higher draw than Miami or Virginia Tech, given that the Jackets beat both this year and finished with a better record.

Wow. This makes no sense.
GA Tech slid like 5 spots in the ACC’s seleection order.

Nothing wrong with the team learning to defend a scheme like that. It's not like the specific gameplan from the 2018 bowl game was going to carry over to 2019 anyway.

The 15 extra practices are one of the biggest benefits of going bowling, for the team. That's how you get better than teams who don't go to bowl games.

No, it's not going to be a big deal. Just would be nice if what the non-seniors learned in the bowl practices could carry over to 2019 more. Oh well

Would be interesting if any of the Georgia-sourced players for the Gophs had any 'crutin offers from Georgia Tech.

As a born-and-bred Bulldog converted to a Gopher it will be fun to watch Tech go down.

I'm sure Smith and Brooks were on their radars at one point.

I’m with you Billd!

I like the matchup. Have always wanted us to try and get a home and home started with Tech so will be nice to play them. Will be good exposure for our Georgia players and those we are currently recruiting.

Will be a good test for the defense but I think our offense can have some success against them. Looking forward to this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I recall correctly there was not a lot of excitement going against Oregon in '99 in the Sun Bowl. Part of the grousing was El Paso as the location but also us not matching up well.

Ended up being a fun game even though the Gophers lost. Of course the rematch a few years later had a better ending...

Pinstripe is Wisconsin vs Miami -- 2017 Orange Bowl rematch
Redbox is Michigan St vs Oregon
First Responders is Boston College vs Boise

I want to know how Purdue ended up going to the Music City Bowl. Same record as us with a bad loss to us and a worse record than teams in worse bowl games.

I thought the whole point of the Big 10 having control over bowl games was so bowls wouldn't pick worse teams that travel better or are closer.

Got a Purdue buddy in the office who's a Gopher except when playing Purdue.

His thought was the Music City would be very attractive to the fanbase after a pretty disappointing season (at least in their minds).

Got a Purdue buddy in the office who's a Gopher except when playing Purdue.

His thought was the Music City would be very attractive to the fanbase after a pretty disappointing season (at least in their minds).

Nashville's also a pretty reasonable drive from Lafayette / Indiana. Probably played into their choice.

The 15 extra practices are one of the biggest benefits of going bowling, for the team. That's how you get better than teams who don't go to bowl games.

No, it's not going to be a big deal. Just would be nice if what the non-seniors learned in the bowl practices could carry over to 2019 more. Oh well

They’re not going to spend all those 15 practices on defending the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowl games are made to sell tickets, hotel rooms, etc. They probably figured that Purdue fans/alumni in Indy, Louisville, Columbus, etc. would make the fairly easy drive down to Nashville in droves.

The thing with the Big Ten controlling the teams is more so just to make sure teams get to rotate through different bowls, and that a bowl doesn't just lock onto one team for several years. Not to exactly say which team will go to which bowl.

Bowl games are made to sell tickets, hotel rooms, etc. They probably figured that Purdue fans/alumni in Indy, Louisville, Columbus, etc. would make the fairly easy drive down to Nashville in droves.

The thing with the Big Ten controlling the teams is more so just to make sure teams get to rotate through different bowls, and that a bowl doesn't just lock onto one team for several years. Not to exactly say which team will go to which bowl.

I thought it was because before the Big 10 got some control, bowls would pass over better teams for better traveling teams and the teams that traveled poorly didn't like it.

I think it's the bowl games who don't want the same team over and over again.

And maybe that Louisville fans would come one over to boo Brohm.

Given the B1G splits bowl revenue, every team should want selections made in best attendance and travel.

Top Bottom