How many years do we extend Flecks contract

Guys! Guys! Can't we just add one more year so he still he has five? :cool: How about every time PJ beats Wisconsin we just add a year to his contract!

50 year contract with 100 million dollar buyout!!!!!1!111!

No more discussion about the highly overrated AD of Southern Illinois!

I'd say at least 8 more years with a raise

Make it impossible for someone to steal him

2 years if he wins the bowl; one otherwise. If he is willing to agree to a giant buy-out then maybe 5. He's still 6-6. While beating UW was a relief, it was a down UW team.

He's going to come very close to running the table against our schedule next year. I would be surprised if he sticks around after that.

Really depends on how much of a stop-loss he's going to agree to.

Seriously?

Does anyone here remember how people felt after the Nebraska game, or the Illinois game?

This Gopher team is one of the most schizophrenic groups I can remember. They can look great one week, and play lousy the next week.

I'm happy about today's game - but that doesn't mean I forget about the rest of the season.

If Fleck wants an extension, show me a team that can play more consistently. I don't expect them to go undefeated - but I would like to see a team that doesn't go through such wild swings from up to down.

If the Gophers come back next year, play consistent football, show continued growth and improvement, then maybe it's time to talk about an extension.

Not today.

Youngest team in the country beats the hated rival. If you're not all in on Fleck, then I can't help you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seriously?

Does anyone here remember how people felt after the Nebraska game, or the Illinois game?

This Gopher team is one of the most schizophrenic groups I can remember. They can look great one week, and play lousy the next week.

I'm happy about today's game - but that doesn't mean I forget about the rest of the season.

If Fleck wants an extension, show me a team that can play more consistently. I don't expect them to go undefeated - but I would like to see a team that doesn't go through such wild swings from up to down.

If the Gophers come back next year, play consistent football, show continued growth and improvement, then maybe it's time to talk about an extension.

Not today.

Count me as surprised as you at the thread about extending him, but your schtick is really aggravating. We get it. You don't like P.J. What you forget, or more likely ignore in your dislike of P.J., is that he's basically doing what he said he was going to do. You bitch and whine about him but he has said time and time again that he has a plan for long term success that is going to take several years. So we are young, so we seem to be growing through failure, so there are values that he believes are important and he won't compromise, etc. etc. The guy the haters peg as a slick talking con man might about as honest as a major college football coach can get.

Who knows if he actually reaches his goal here or if he's gone in a year or two? For the moment, I'm pretty sure the players are totally buying in and that's what is important. Not what some guy from Windom thinks. Honest to God, I'm in my 70's but your bit makes me feel like some enthusiastic college kid compared to you.

What did they extend him last year? One more year? One game improvement to 6-6 this season. He and his team have shown what they CAN do (Purdue, Wisconsin, Fresno State)... if you want to do anything... tic another year onto the contract and move forward.

Count me as surprised as you at the thread about extending him, but your schtick is really aggravating. We get it. You don't like P.J. What you forget, or more likely ignore in your dislike of P.J., is that he's basically doing what he said he was going to do. You bitch and whine about him but he has said time and time again that he has a plan for long term success that is going to take several years. So we are young, so we seem to be growing through failure, so there are values that he believes are important and he won't compromise, etc. etc. The guy the haters peg as a slick talking con man might about as honest as a major college football coach can get.

Who knows if he actually reaches his goal here or if he's gone in a year or two? For the moment, I'm pretty sure the players are totally buying in and that's what is important. Not what some guy from Windom thinks. Honest to God, I'm in my 70's but your bit makes me feel like some enthusiastic college kid compared to you.

I'm looking at this as a business decision. If you're the guy in charge, you don't hand out bonuses and raises willy-nilly. You make people earn them - keep them hungry and motivated. That's all I'm saying. Fleck might indeed deserve an extension - but I think it's premature to talk about it now. I'm sorry that I'm not jumping up and down and screaming "WE WON THE AXE" loudly enough for you. That's not who I am.

And again, my issues with Fleck are based on his personality and presentation. NOT on his coaching performance. I can separate the two. Today was a good win for the program. Kudos to Fleck and his coaches. The Gophers won today because the players played well. They did not win because the Coach says "Elite" every 3rd word.

What did they extend him last year? One more year? One game improvement to 6-6 this season. He and his team have shown what they CAN do (Purdue, Wisconsin, Fresno State)... if you want to do anything... tic another year onto the contract and move forward.

I would bet it's another one year extension to keep him 5 years out, or whatever he is.

I'm looking at this as a business decision. If you're the guy in charge, you don't hand out bonuses and raises willy-nilly. You make people earn them - keep them hungry and motivated. That's all I'm saying. Fleck might indeed deserve an extension - but I think it's premature to talk about it now. I'm sorry that I'm not jumping up and down and screaming "WE WON THE AXE" loudly enough for you. That's not who I am.

And again, my issues with Fleck are based on his personality and presentation. NOT on his coaching performance. I can separate the two. Today was a good win for the program. Kudos to Fleck and his coaches. The Gophers won today because the players played well. They did not win because the Coach says "Elite" every 3rd word.

I think Coyle will extend another year, I think Coyle's angle on this is that he's going to "be loyal" to PJ first and more aggressively than most in showing his commitment, so hopefully should the phone ring for PJ, PJ has that appreciation to stay.

From 9-3 to 6-6 in 2 years; yes, extend him at least 10 years. Seriously, It was a great win today, but that is a down and out badger team that was a complete mess today. Good job putting them out of their misery.

14. One for every year we didn’t beat Wisconsin

From 9-3 to 6-6 in 2 years; yes, extend him at least 10 years. Seriously, It was a great win today, but that is a down and out badger team that was a complete mess today. Good job putting them out of their misery.

Thank you. We will note your asterisks in our win column. Do we criticize your teams wins vs the NE Quadrant of SE Northern Missouri Southern or whatever?

SON -

The issue I have with your reasoning is that if he has a big year next year, he'll be gone.
Take a quick look at our schedule, he very well might have a huge year: https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/minnesota/
You don't want to wait until he's negotiating a contract somewhere else to try to sign him.

It might just be one win, but he thoroughly dominated the Badgers today.
More importantly, he didn't make mistakes other than one drive before the half.
He kept his foot on the gas when necessary, he managed the clock well, his team didn't turnover the ball, and the play-calling was great.

That wasn't just a good game for the Gophers. It was a well coached game, and that's something we haven't seen in Minnesota very often.

There were many posters claiming that 1-11 with the 1 being a win over Wisconsin enough for celebration and a successful season. Funny to see so many now posturing that this season at 6-6 still sucks....

RTB Go Gophers!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SON I wanted to extend Flecks contract all year even after the Nebraska game. I started the other thread also. Im driving the Fleck boat

There were many posters claiming that 1-11 with the 1 being a win over Wisconsin enough for celebration and a successful season. Funny to see so many now posturing that this season at 6-6 still sucks....

RTB Go Gophers!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm not a Fleck "guy," but anyone watching today has to admit that he, and his team, did well.
We have watched too many coaches choke away games like that.
Fleck knew exactly how to manage it.
High-percentage throws only when necessary, didn't let up the gas on defense, kept the run game humming along.

I couldn't tell what was coming out of most of our formations.
They did good, this is really the only game on our schedule that matters, and I have no reason to suspect that the Gophers are going to be worse next year.

Give him the contract he needs to get good player commitments. It only makes us better in the long-run.
He may or may not be serious about building a national powerhouse at Minnesota, but he is making the right moves.
I think I've seen enough to be comfortable with Mark Coyle buying in on this guy.

I can't think of anyone better that would be willing to come to Minnesota.

Last edited:

The real question is how many Fleck statues can we fit on campus?

SON -

The issue I have with your reasoning is that if he has a big year next year, he'll be gone.
Take a quick look at our schedule, he very well might have a huge year: https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/minnesota/
You don't want to wait until he's negotiating a contract somewhere else to try to sign him.

It might just be one win, but he thoroughly dominated the Badgers today.
More importantly, he didn't make mistakes other than one drive before the half.
He kept his foot on the gas when necessary, he managed the clock well, his team didn't turnover the ball, and the play-calling was great.

That wasn't just a good game for the Gophers. It was a well coached game, and that's something we haven't seen in Minnesota very often.

I hope to have PJ and Pitino coaching our teams for as long as they want to coach!

Top Bottom