[POST GAME THREAD] - MINNESOTA DEFEATS WISCONSIN 37 - 15

Can't get enough of this snap of T Johnson joyously parading the axe. Barber's strip of the fumble from the Whiskey O-Lineman was a "man among boys" type play. Feel so good for those young men. Got a little teary eyed.

The drive at the start of the 4th quarter was the best boot on throat drive I've seen in forever even though we missed the FG.

The drive was worth 10 points on its own. The game was over at that point.

That was fantastic. What a crazy year. It's a special team and coach to not lose faith after Illinois. The future is bright. CONGRATS GOPHERS!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Still a little bit surreal. Wasn't really going to allow myself to accept what was happening till Barber recovered the fumble. Like a load is off my shoulders...

Overjoyed and overwhelmed with emotion. What a day!
e2f1b0717e701994204f7f71a42d1138.jpg

The drive at the start of the 4th quarter was the best boot on throat drive I've seen in forever even though we missed the FG.

That was an incredible drive. The O-Line handling the Whiskey D, Ibrahim's tough and inspired runs, Greene's runs and handling the Wildcat were huge. That drive, even with the missed field goal, just about daggered the Badgers. Barber's wrestling the fumble away from the big O-lineman to follow daggered the Badgers for good.

So when does the bowl game speculation thread start!

When asked on KFAN whether or no Rossi is the new DC, Fleck's reply was, "Yes, he is our new DC. He's earned it."

THE BEST CROW I EVER ATE! EXQUISITE! MY COMPLIMENTS TO "THE CHEFS"!

When asked on KFAN whether or no Rossi is the new DC, Fleck's reply was, "Yes, he is our new DC. He's earned it."

Wow, there you have it! Good for him! That's awesome!

Would Jason Benetti and Beth Mowins make a good announcing team?

Our last three games were vs. the 3 best teams in the West. We went 2-1. Certainly a young team on the rise. Makes recruiting easier.

Our last three games were vs. the 3 best teams in the West. We went 2-1. Certainly a young team on the rise. Makes recruiting easier.

This is a nice point. Sure would like to replay the Maryland and Illinois games right now. Still, if you had asked me before the season started if I would be happy with beating Becky and going bowing I would have said YES! And I don’t care how we got there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to comment before now, today's uniform combo was their best yet IMHO. Shiny gold helmet, white jersey, maroon pants, white socks, white shoes. That's the ticket.

Have to admit I claimed to have sworn off this team after the Illinois debacle, but I couldn't do it and man am I glad I didn't. Incredibly happy to beat Bucky, and to absolutely dominate them is even sweeter. That's the best win I've seen in a long time. They've probably played better games but to beat Wisconsin and get the Axe back, well, it doesn't get better than that.

"The Axe is back, and the Axe is here to stay."......Larry "The Axe" Henning

Forgot to comment before now, today's uniform combo was their best yet IMHO. Shiny gold helmet, white jersey, maroon pants, white socks, white shoes. That's the ticket.

Yes, I agree and have been complaining about the home uniforms all year, but I really like this combination going forward on the road.

It's a little like golf. You hit a great shot, and you forget about all the bad shots you hit earlier in the round.

In Football, you win a big game, and you forget (at least for a while) about the games you lost, or didn't play well.

it's hard for me to reconcile the team we saw today, or the team that played Fresno State, with the team we saw against Illinois, Nebraska or Maryland. How can the same team look so good and so bad from week to week?

That (I believe) is Fleck's biggest challenge - AND biggest opportunity going forward. If he - and his coaches - can find a way to get this team to play more consistently - emphasize the good, and minimize the bad - then this could really be a turning point for the program. There is real potential here. But to realize that potential, they simply have to play more consistently. Was today a sign of things to come? We won't know that until the next game. If the "Good Gophers" show up for the bowl game, that would be another step forward.

I spent the day taking family through Oregon wine country and staying tuned via Sirius and espn while in the wineries. An incredible day- as it came toward the time that victory was not going to be yanked from our hands I'm sure people at the winery thought I was dealing with something tragic due to the tears welling in my eyes.

I also have to send props out to the Badger radio crew that was my only option on Sirius. They were a top notch broadcast crew- reminded me of the old games with ray on CCO. Not complete homers and professional. Very complementary to the Gophs, no excuses, recognized the great game plan and execution of it by our young men.

What a great day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a little like golf. You hit a great shot, and you forget about all the bad shots you hit earlier in the round.

In Football, you win a big game, and you forget (at least for a while) about the games you lost, or didn't play well.

it's hard for me to reconcile the team we saw today, or the team that played Fresno State, with the team we saw against Illinois, Nebraska or Maryland. How can the same team look so good and so bad from week to week?

That (I believe) is Fleck's biggest challenge - AND biggest opportunity going forward. If he - and his coaches - can find a way to get this team to play more consistently - emphasize the good, and minimize the bad - then this could really be a turning point for the program. There is real potential here. But to realize that potential, they simply have to play more consistently. Was today a sign of things to come? We won't know that until the next game. If the "Good Gophers" show up for the bowl game, that would be another step forward.

Good analogy. That's the beauty of sports (and life in general)! A few euphoric moments will often outweigh several bad moments. Finding consistency is key in so many things.

I'd say "Rossi" changes the inconsistent play you refer to. It's hard to imagine not beating Illinois and Maryland if we played defense as we played these last 3 days.

I missed the game!!! Is there going to be a replay tonight?

This is very level-headed. I like you and respect your opinion on Fleck, but I have to point out that this erratic play is EXACTLY what he's been predicting and expecting (and telling us to expect) since he got here. I don't think he's surprised by any of the ups and downs. I think he was surprised how bad the D played at times (and thus the firing of Smith), but I think he expected a roller coaster ride. He seems to seriously have a plan and a vision for how this thing will grow. Who knows if it will work out, but even those who dislike his personality (you're one, I believe) can't say he's disingenuous. He believes EVERYTHING he says.

This is very level-headed. I like you and respect your opinion on Fleck, but I have to point out that this erratic play is EXACTLY what he's been predicting and expecting (and telling us to expect) since he got here. I don't think he's surprised by any of the ups and downs. I think he was surprised how bad the D played at times (and thus the firing of Smith), but I think he expected a roller coaster ride. He seems to seriously have a plan and a vision for how this thing will grow. Who knows if it will work out, but even those who dislike his personality (you're one, I believe) can't say he's disingenuous. He believes EVERYTHING he says.

I was going to type a similar response.
Fleck has said that youth can bring inconsistency, and we saw that in spades this year.

This year we had 12 games
4 wins by 22 points or more
3 losses by 22 points or more
Only two games decided by single digits.
It screams inconsistency. The part that hurt was the defense which has gotten more consistent with Rossi and played well against the top three from the Big Ten West. From that I take it as a positive that we are getting more consistent and trending in a very good direction.

Hard to reconcile all that with having to fire the DC and then getting an enormous dividend. Kudos for finally pulling the plug and it gives us all hope the team has turned the corner.

Top Bottom