[POST GAME THREAD] - MINNESOTA DEFEATS WISCONSIN 37 - 15

I was going to type a similar response.
Fleck has said that youth can bring inconsistency, and we saw that in spades this year.

This year we had 12 games
4 wins by 22 points or more
3 losses by 22 points or more
Only two games decided by single digits.
It screams inconsistency. The part that hurt was the defense which has gotten more consistent with Rossi and played well against the top three from the Big Ten West. From that I take it as a positive that we are getting more consistent and trending in a very good direction.

So it was youth that led to those blowouts.

??

Hard to reconcile all that with having to fire the DC and then getting an enormous dividend. Kudos for finally pulling the plug and it gives us all hope the team has turned the corner.
Bowling and the Axe. Awesome success.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Team win today. Seems like every group played well.

The great
Ibrahim was a beast. Williams with the nice runs
Bateman, TJ, CAB
Seth Green and his wild cat
The offensive line
DD82 punt return
Defensively Williamson, Durr, Huff with huge interceptions. Good tackling. Taylor limited to 120.
Coaches seemed to make all the right calls and had everything go their way. Just that kind of day.

I guess in the indifferent or mediocre column
Herbers had a bad punt
Carpenter missing the game sealing FG
Little pressure on Hornibrook in the first half. Got the sack fumble in the second however.

The ugly
The targeting rule’s indifference between malicious and incidental contact
The officials

Felt going in that the keys were to win turnover battle and limit Taylor’s big plays. Ended 4-0 in turnovers and Taylor had maybe 2 or 3 runs over 10 yards.

Whatever your thoughts are on Fleck, you have to admit the players seem to really love him.

I could not resist going on Buckyville for the first time. Some quick observations. 1. I'm glad we have good moderators because some of their posts need to be deleted. 2. Many of their fans dislike AH and blame him for their struggles. 3. They get pretty worked up over PJF. 4. Very few gave us much credit. 5. They remain arrogant and believe in their superiority as if it has been present for 50 years. 6. I only saw a couple of Gopher trolls. I guess this is standard other than a few profane and crass posts. Now I have no need to return to that cesspool.

This is marvelously done. I continue to be impressed with the media department's work - now it just needs more circulation! Love the use of the P.O.S. song at the end - local artist, awesome tie-in, and one of his best songs in my opinion.

This is marvelously done. I continue to be impressed with the media department's work - now it just needs more circulation! Love the use of the P.O.S. song at the end - local artist, awesome tie-in, and one of his best songs in my opinion.

They do a phenomenal job.

Wow, that was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

PS: I noticed the wrench was featured prominently during the first half. Still a mystery, lol...

Top Bottom