View Poll Results: What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Wisconsin game?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

188 94.47%
  • B

6 3.02%
  • C

1 0.50%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

2 1.01%
  • Prefer not to respond

2 1.01%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

He and his kids won at Sconnie, dominated the game and won in every phase. Not sure what else you could ask for. I didn't like the touchdown at the end of the first half, but that's nitpicking. A+ effort having the kids ready.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

Quote Originally Posted by So_Money View Post
    If I were basing my grade on timeout usage I would give him an F.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
    It's based on getting the Axe back so go ahead and F yourself. I'd say that's too far but it's really not.
    Last edited by pharmacygopher; 11-24-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BilldGopher View Post
    What's REALLY fun is that Coach realized this is a REALLY BIG DEAL to the faithful...

You could tell...

This is a fantastic thing. Let's get them all in the Trophy Case...Pig, Jug, Axe, Broken Chair...and oh yes..the Bell!
    He called it the sweetest win of his career I believe.
    Maybe caught up in the emotion, but a big win to beat Wisconsin, and for the Bowl game which was going to be a point of criticism had he missed.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

The sweetest A I have seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Derhey#44 View Post
    The sweetest A I have seen in a long time.
    Wow. I'm surprised Bucky agreed to this. Perhaps no choice due to a bet?

Default What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the Wisconsin game?

That 9 minute and change drive was the most enjoyable drive for me of the Fleck era. We did that last season against Oregon State, but Oregon State sucked. This was legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PitinoFan; 11-24-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Those extra practices should help with a young team.

Blog Entries

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++

Quote Originally Posted by PitinoFan View Post
    That 9 minute and change drive was the most enjoyable drive for me of the Fleck era. We did that last season against Oregon State, but Oregon State sucked. This was legit.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    Wow. I'm surprised Bucky agreed to this. Perhaps no choice due to a bet?
    It’s an old Gif but seemed appropriate at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BilldGopher View Post
    A for Special Teams

A for Offense

A for Defense

Looks like an A to me...

Missed one coaching A

I missed the game because I was out with the girl. And damn it seems I missed a good one! I voted prefer not to say.

was the best coached game of PJ's stint here at the U. all phases did their jobs and handled the game to perfection. Time of possession, special teams, run defense, turn over margin, the only bad thing was a 9+ minute drive that resulted in a missed FG (9+ minutes folks that in itself is impressive against a preseason top 5 team)

I have been slow to give PJ credit as I wanted to see him win a game like this and well He did it and did it convincingly. there are still areas for improvement within the coaching ability but for this game the staff did everything elite. next year should be a year of improvement

Quote Originally Posted by gopherhoopsguy View Post
    Missed one coaching A
    Yep...concur...Coaching an A too..
    Row The Boat & Ski U Mah!

In Fleck We Trust!

A. Some of us have been tough on PJ because the team underperformed badly in the early Big Ten slate. Not any more. This was a dominant win vs (yes) a down but still good Wisconsin team, in Madison. Ending the streak gets an A+ and the team is riding a wave of momentum after beating up on Purdue, a frustrating but competitive loss to Northwestern, and a really impressive road win vs Wisconsin to earn a bowl.

Differences from prior weeks: he challenged a terrible spot, utilized Seth Green as appropriate, and he may have even had a few timeouts at crucial moments and the end of the game. The team survived the loss of our defensive MVP. Good offensive game plan. The new DC had the defense juiced in the second half. Progress across the board.