Under the Helmet: Thomas Barber

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Gopher Sports: You have a long line of Gopher football players in your family, how have they helped you improve your game? Do they ever coach you or give you advice?

Thomas Barber: They always give me advice, but it's not about the X's and O's, it's really just about keeping my body healthy and being a team player and getting that degree. They are always there for me, they usually only help when I ask them because they don't want to act like they are forcing things on me so usually when I ask them questions they answer, but they never force anything on me.

GS: How have you grown as a player?

TB: Just leadership qualities. That is one thing I really needed to improve on just with the team and then obviously getting into the playbook more. So those two things, leadership and knowing the playbook more.

GS: With a young team how have you stepped up into a leadership role?

TB: Always being more vocal. I need to be a vocal leader and not be afraid to be the bad, you need to check people every once in a while. So that's how you got to get these young guys up and ready. We only have nine scholarship seniors, coach always emphasis that, nothing wrong with that but we have a young team so he has to rely on the juniors too to help.

GS: What is your game day routine like?

TB: It depends on how I'm feeling, sometimes I'll get stretched out, but after warm-ups I'll go back in and listen to "I will Survive" on reply until we go out. People make fun of me for it, but it gets me juiced up.

https://gophersports.com/news/2018/11/23/football-under-the-helmet-thomas-barber.aspx

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom