Gopher SID on Fleck

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fleck certainly does some great things with the community. There's no denying that - and he's good at advertising it. Now if we can combine that with some winning seasons we've really got something.

Fleck certainly does some great things with the community. There's no denying that - and he's good at advertising it. Now if we can combine that with some winning seasons we've really got something.

Word

I am really proud of our head coach for how serving he is. Can't help but root for the guy in my opinion.

Follows up his talk with actions that matter to people who need it.

By nature, I don't identify with guys like Fleck. It comes across to much as an act.

That said, he seems different. I don't think it is an act, it seems to be his personality 24/7 and he seems to treat people pretty well.

I have come to like him and hope he does well. I also think he is flakey enough that may see Minnesota as a long term goal even if he succeeds and gets other opportunities.

By nature, I don't identify with guys like Fleck. It comes across to much as an act.

That said, he seems different. I don't think it is an act, it seems to be his personality 24/7 and he seems to treat people pretty well.

I have come to like him and hope he does well. I also think he is flakey enough that may see Minnesota as a long term goal even if he succeeds and gets other opportunities.

I agree. He seems like a genuinely good guy and I don't think it's an act. I really do like his positivity. I think if he were to drop the repetitive catchphrases he would appeal a lot more to the average Minnesotan. When you hear him talk off the cuff he comes across like a pretty normal guy.

I agree. He seems like a genuinely good guy and I don't think it's an act. I really do like his positivity. I think if he were to drop the repetitive catchphrases he would appeal a lot more to the average Minnesotan. When you hear him talk off the cuff he comes across like a pretty normal guy.

The slogans don't bother me at all. Maybe it's because I've been part of very successful organizations (e.g. US Marines) that rely on slogans as a one of several tools to promote common goals and values. Sincerity is extremely important too, otherwise the slogans appear to be hogwash. In this case, I strongly believe that Fleck is sincere and his unique quirks just define his personality...if everyone had a boring personality like me, well, this world would be a boring place. In the end, Fleck needs to produce just like anyone else. I'm rooting for him.

You summed up my feelings exactly. The first impression was "omigawd, another Brewster." Then you get the impression the guy really means this stuff, and lives it. And more importantly, that he's capable of getting young men to do the same.

I think he's going to do well here, and may well be here long term.

JTG

Win tomorrow and I think many Fleck skeptics will soften up on him, myself included. We've waited a long time for a sign that this program has turned the corner.

Win tomorrow and I think many Fleck skeptics will soften up on him, myself included. We've waited a long time for a sign that this program has turned the corner.
Yep. Beating Becky and a bowl berth would be huge. HUGE!!!

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I think everybody (all Gopher fans) wants Fleck to succeed. I also think Brewster was sincere but he was in over his head.

I think everybody (all Gopher fans) wants Fleck to succeed. I also think Brewster was sincere but he was in over his head.

There are a lot people on here that say they are Gopher fans, but aren’t. What kind of fan would give up Season Tickets because they don’t like the coach.

Bottom line - If a Gopher FB coach - any coach - won a B1G title, or just beat WI 2 or 3 years in a row, he could be the biggest jerk in the world, and the fans would love him. Conversely, a Gopher FB coach could be a virtual saint, and if he didn't win enough games, he could visit every kid in every hospital in the country, and the fans would turn on him.

Winning trumps everything. Nothing trumps losing.

Bottom line - If a Gopher FB coach - any coach - won a B1G title, or just beat WI 2 or 3 years in a row, he could be the biggest jerk in the world, and the fans would love him. Conversely, a Gopher FB coach could be a virtual saint, and if he didn't win enough games, he could visit every kid in every hospital in the country, and the fans would turn on him.

Winning trumps everything. Nothing trumps losing.

Sure everyone loves a winner but is a Big Ten championship a realistic goal since there have been none for 50 years.

The real bottom line is a good Gophers coach will be mildly successful (like Kill, like Claeys) or not (like Brewster). Fleck will get more rope than Claeys or Brewster.

Sure everyone loves a winner but is a Big Ten championship a realistic goal since there have been none for 50 years.

The real bottom line is a good Gophers coach will be mildly successful (like Kill, like Claeys) or not (like Brewster). Fleck will get more rope than Claeys or Brewster.

I thought the whole reason we hired Fleck is that we weren't satisfied with regular bowl appearances and the occasional 9 win season...he was going to put us in the Big Ten Championship contention. Are the Fleckites already re-writing the expectations?

I thought the whole reason we hired Fleck is that we weren't satisfied with regular bowl appearances and the occasional 9 win season...he was going to put us in the Big Ten Championship contention. Are the Fleckites already re-writing the expectations?

Bingo.

So if you support the coach you're a Fleckite? Interesting.

So you like what a coach is doing off the field and you are proud of the coach and that's rewriting expectations?

Are you that naive?

I wish the right coach could move the Gophers into Big Ten Championship contention. I wish it was that easy (so does Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland and a few others).

Are you that naive?

I wish the right coach could move the Gophers into Big Ten Championship contention. I wish it was that easy (so does Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Rutgers, Maryland and a few others).
Good point. It's hard to believe Michigan hasn't won a title in 15 years, Iowa tied 14 years ago, Nebraska failed 7 times and never won it, and Chryst has failed in 4 tries in a weak West. The next Minnesota coach to win it might have a statue erected.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom