Eric Curry, nursing injured knee, aiming to return to Gophers lineup by Big Ten play

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Eric Curry was the only Gopher on the trip not able to play in the Vancouver Showcase, but he’s been a valuable presence in a different capacity.

The 6-foot-9 redshirt sophomore is out at least another two weeks after having surgery on his previously injured left knee before the season. Curry was acting as a coach on the sidelines with freshman center Daniel Oturu, who has replaced him in the starting lineup in the first three games this year.

Curry even talked to Oturu during timeouts in Sunday’s 69-64 win against Texas A&M.

“That’s the type of mentorship Eric provides and that Daniel needs,” senior forward Jordan Murphy said. “That’s something really valuable that Eric brings to the team, even when he’s not playing. It’s something we really enjoy from him and really like from him.”

Curry missed last season because of torn ligaments and meniscus in his left knee. He was cleared to play and started in the Oct. 20 scrimmage at Creighton, but he was sidelined again a week later after an MRI revealed cartilage damage with swelling in his knee.

Curry’s rehab is going on schedule, so the Gophers are hoping their frontcourt will be at full strength by the time Big Ten play begins in early December against Ohio State and Nebraska.

http://www.startribune.com/eric-cur...gophers-lineup-before-big-ten-play/500980681/

Go Gophers!!

If the Ohio State/Nebraska games hold true for a soft return, I think that's great news. I would imagine he'd play a very limited role in those games (if at all), but thankfully the four games after Nebraska aren't against "top tier" opponents, so that will provide some great opportunities for Curry to build up some confidence in that knee.

The headline doesn’t match what Marcus says in the story. “Aiming to return by Big 10 play” would mean a Dec. 2 return vs. OSU. That’s 10 days fom yesterday, when this story appeared online.

Then the story says Curry will be “out at least another 2 weeks.” That would mean a Dec. 6 return, at the earliest, and not in time for the Gophers’ first two Big 10 games.

If the Ohio State/Nebraska games hold true for a soft return, I think that's great news. I would imagine he'd play a very limited role in those games (if at all), but thankfully the four games after Nebraska aren't against "top tier" opponents, so that will provide some great opportunities for Curry to build up some confidence in that knee.

If all he does is takes Omersa’s minutes those games that’s a huge win (not trying to dig Omersa here, just think that should be s benchmark for his return)

Curry, Murphy, Oturu, Stockman, Omersa, Hurt. I'm felling pretty good about our frontcourt. Same at the wings. Now if PG will fall in place. Curry is going to be a big add when he knocks the rust off.

Seems like a long, long time since we've seen a "full strength" Gopher basketball team. Excited to see what Curry adds to the mix. Wondering what kind of Curry we're going to get? ;) Obviously had a very promising freshman season, but how much will he have developed, given the injuries?

JTG

The headline doesn’t match what Marcus says in the story. “Aiming to return by Big 10 play” would mean a Dec. 2 return vs. OSU. That’s 10 days fom yesterday, when this story appeared online.

Then the story says Curry will be “out at least another 2 weeks.” That would mean a Dec. 6 return, at the earliest, and not in time for the Gophers’ first two Big 10 games.

Pretty sure when people refer to the start of Big Ten play they are talking about after the non conf schedule ends and we start only playing conference games. Obviously this is not technically correct since we have those 2 added Big Ten games in the middle of the non-conf schecule but assume he was referring to the start of Jan in his story and not the upcoming game against Ohio State.

I just hope the knee injuries don’t lag on all year. He has great skills and amazing poential. A healthy curry would be just what we need.

Pretty sure when people refer to the start of Big Ten play they are talking about after the non conf schedule ends and we start only playing conference games. Obviously this is not technically correct since we have those 2 added Big Ten games in the middle of the non-conf schecule but assume he was referring to the start of Jan in his story and not the upcoming game against Ohio State.

That's probably what it meant but one would think it would be basic journalism to inform the fans of that difference. One should be able to read the article and not have to try and figure that one out. It is just a head scratcher how bad these writers are.

I just hope the knee injuries don’t lag on all year. He has great skills and amazing poential. A healthy curry would be just what we need.
9e8135bd27e824b231a3836ef2425bea.jpg

Besides Currys skill set, he's also a glue guy and brings great energy. He will be such a welcomed addition.

Besides Currys skill set, he's also a glue guy and brings great energy. He will be such a welcomed addition.

Just hope he can stay healthy because if he can he will be a massive upgrade to the team. Before his injuries he was looking like a really good player.

Imagine a world where foul trouble on the front line isnt trouble at all!

Top Bottom