Eric Musselman please

Do you agree or disagree?

Based on this offense, I see trouble coming up all over the place.

What do you see?

5-0 with a win over a Washington team that is predicted by most to finish 1st or 2nd in the Pac 12.

I'm saying not making the NCAA again is time for Musselman.

With fans like these (the negative ones) if im Musselman i don't take the a job here. Keep doing what he's doing and he'll get the michigan state job when izzo retires or Duke or Syracuse.

Anyway if you aren't willing to get behind a 5-0 minnesota team (a team who just beat a preseason top 25 team in their back yard) then get off the band wagon and move to wisconsin! We don't want you.

it's not the the coaches or decisions made?

Good grief, he's 31-59 in big 10 play and I believe will miss the big dance again.

Maybe it's the decisions I"m making that is causing this.

Certainly part of being a fan is to critique coaching, but to start throwing out names as next coach is a bridge way too far. None of us have a clue how this season will evolve, but the coach and team deserve a fairer shake than your thoughts after a 5-0 start. Hopefully you were just exaggerating to make a point.

5-0 with a win over a Washington team that is predicted by most to finish 1st or 2nd in the Pac 12.

I saw the gopher football team at 3-0 with a big win over fresno state.

Our offense will be 30 feet out most of the big 10. It won't work.

Last edited:

I saw the gopher football team at 3-0 with a big win over fresno state.

Our offense will be 30 feet out most of the big 10. It won't work.

Yes, because fresno st is a power 5 school projected near the top of conference. /s

So give me a prediction on our big 10 record.

I'll go with 7 wins.

11 wins

And to your comment about being 30 feet out... that's okay so long as gabe is hitting from 35 and Murphy gets put back dunks on everything else.

Last edited:

11 wins

And to your comment about being 30 feet out... that's okay so long as gabe is hitting from 35 and Murphy gets put back dunks on everything else.

keep pitino if we don't make the NCAA tournament?

With no massive extenuating circumstances... no. But you'll be hard pressed to find people who would disagree with you. What i think you'll find are people who believe in this team (me and others) and people who don't (you... really only you).

Washington is hardly no one.....they are not a great team but they are a good team from a power 5 conference. 5 new faces in the rotation in Matz, Stull, and the 3 freshmen. Going to take some time for them to all get used to playing together.

Unreal that the team has started 5-0 and there are actually fans that want the coach fired....wow.....when did we become Kentucky?
I wonder how much more rabid this thread gets when we play ‘nobody‘ on Monday and go 6-0?

You were supporting the coach to get fired on a single half of basketball. A game that we won, in case you hadn't noticed. If you're going to blame everything in that game on Pitino, then you can also give Pitino credit for the shot that won the game.

We've played nobody? Really? Didn't realize Power 5 teams were nobodies.

Really think you need to put your foot in your mouth on this one.
Based on one half ha more like based on 6 years. Last year wasn’t his fault with injuries side but definitely partly on him as I don’t care who you have. Good coaches get players to defend, rebound, and take care of the ball. Prime examples are/were Bo Ryan and Tony Bennett

"we have played no one". Ooooook then. The Gophers certainly have not looked outstanding, often enough have not looked good, but have played a pretty solid schedule AND are 5-0. The ball rotation and shot selection is on the players (or more) as much as the coach. Some of the stuff in that post is ridiculous at this juncture.
Not having discipline to get post entries is on Pitino. You should get that across in practice. Bad shot selections from Dupree who is a senior is 100 percent on Pitino for allowing it

If the team fails to make the NCAA tournament this year it may be time to cut the cord but now is a stupid time to be giving up and starting a thread about a replacement coach. The team is 5-0, just won 3 games in 4 days in spite of not playing great overall and has knocked off 3 teams from power 5 conferences.

Clearly they are going to lose games and this is not a top 10 team but how about giving them a chance to fail before throwing in the towel based on how you think they are going to play in conference games. They are breaking in 3 freshmen and some new faces, it takes teams time to gel and get to a point where they really start playing well together. Most will choose to be encouraged that they are finding ways to win in spite of not playing great. But hey, maybe you will get the chance in a few months to come in here and say you were right way back in November. I'm sure that will be a very special day for you.

Not having discipline to get post entries is on Pitino. You should get that across in practice. Bad shot selections from Dupree who is a senior is 100 percent on Pitino for allowing it

I did love that three pointer Pitino made to win the game though......

I figured if we didnt make ncaa tournament people would be looking for Pitino to be fired, but I didnt expect people to be calling for his firing after a 5-0 start and beating 3 P5 teams and 1 that is ranked. We haven't shot well and we've battled our butts off to win games. Would people rather we play well and lose? Are we just figuring we will play this way all year? Here's a thought, we actually might get better throughout the year. People assume because we haven't played well that we cant beat a big ten team? What? Michigan was terrible last year to start season. They were great by the end. Let's at least see if we progress rather than assume were gonna be terrible all year because of 5 games.

I'm saying not making the NCAA again is time for Musselman.

Don't care. I'm here to cheer on the Gophers regardless of circumstances. I was still cheering last year when the season came crashing down around our ears. Were you?

However, you will not find me saying Pitino should be fired for a 5-0 start to the season. Suggesting otherwise is absurd, and is just a sign that you'd already given up on Pitino before the season started, and that no matter what happens this season, you will not support him.

I like Pitino, the progress that he has made with recruiting local players, building the program, positive effort to further public relations, the recent batch of local recruits, Pitino's youth, the move to the Athletes village, I like his choice in Washington and many other recruits. I like his transparency when he talks about the success and failures in the program. While I like a lot about Pitino there is certainly much NOT to like about how things have progressed. I think his job is very safe here right now.

Let me be direct for with some of you. The worst thing about the gophers program is not the coaches or decisions made - it is you Patrick Reusse type fans here on gopherhole and elsewhere. We have a lot of great fans here in Minny but also some of the worst fans in the country. Seriously a lot of you constant negative guys really suck and should rethink your hobbies....

+1,000000000000000.......

With fans like these (the negative ones) if im Musselman i don't take the a job here. Keep doing what he's doing and he'll get the michigan state job when izzo retires or Duke or Syracuse.

Anyway if you aren't willing to get behind a 5-0 minnesota team (a team who just beat a preseason top 25 team in their back yard) then get off the band wagon and move to wisconsin! We don't want you.

Correct. We have the most negative fans..

Kansas,Duke,Michigan State,Gonzaga and Wisconsin for years are consistent year in year out.What do those programs have that Minnesota doesn't tradition better coaches and talent? i consider those 5 bluebloods all 5 of them are ranked in the top 50 in college basketball for wins all time

Kansas,Duke,Michigan State,Gonzaga and Wisconsin for years are consistent year in year out.What do those programs have that Minnesota doesn't tradition better coaches and talent? i consider those 5 bluebloods all 5 of them are ranked in the top 50 in college basketball for wins all time
Isn't there a dead deer you should be fornicating right now?

Gonzaga and Wisconsin are not blue bloods lol. Wisconsin lost 18 games last year. I wish they were that consistent.

Wisconsin a blueblood? You want to compare them to Duke, kansas, and Michigan state? I'll give you that they have been consistent and gotten them to a good program now, but Wisconsin was a dog crap program up until bo ryan started coaching. They were a .500 program until bo ryan started coaching them. Wisconsin's lifetime record is like 260 games over .500. That's pretty much what Bo Ryan was as a coach at Wisconsin. Am I jealous of what they've been last 18 years absolutely! I'm not ready to put them in a Duke or kansas category quite yet.

Top Bottom