Eric Musselman please

Looks like an nit team which would mean the end for young pitino.

yes please. offer him whatever he wants. spend the btn money.

This may sound crazy...it is a little. But Kevin Boyle from Monteverde Academy would be a good get. Song happen though. Also keep an eye on Nikko Medved and a few others

This may sound crazy...it is a little. But Kevin Boyle from Monteverde Academy would be a good get. Song happen though. Also keep an eye on Nikko Medved and a few others
Not going to Kevin Boyle is what i meant

5-0 with 3 wins over power 5 teams.

Fire the coach!

The posters that started this thread must be so disappointed right now. :(

The posters that started this thread must be so disappointed right now. :(
I didn’t start this thread but no I want us to win. Never disappointed when we win. However, even though we are 5-0 we have played no one and we have looked like crap. I did like the defense tonight though and i know shots will start to fall. But ball rotation, bad shot selection, and turnovers is on Pitino

I didn’t start this thread but no I want us to win. Never disappointed when we win. However, even though we are 5-0 we have played no one and we have looked like crap. I did like the defense tonight though and i know shots will start to fall. But ball rotation, bad shot selection, and turnovers is on Pitino

Nobody? Washington is definitely a tournament team out of the Pac 12

You were supporting the coach to get fired on a single half of basketball. A game that we won, in case you hadn't noticed. If you're going to blame everything in that game on Pitino, then you can also give Pitino credit for the shot that won the game.

We've played nobody? Really? Didn't realize Power 5 teams were nobodies.

Really think you need to put your foot in your mouth on this one.

Yes, Coyle needs to call a media conference tomorrow and announce Coach has been fired. There are no words.

Washington is hardly no one.....they are not a great team but they are a good team from a power 5 conference. 5 new faces in the rotation in Matz, Stull, and the 3 freshmen. Going to take some time for them to all get used to playing together.

Unreal that the team has started 5-0 and there are actually fans that want the coach fired....wow.....when did we become Kentucky?

Washington is hardly no one.....they are not a great team but they are a good team from a power 5 conference. 5 new faces in the rotation in Matz, Stull, and the 3 freshmen. Going to take some time for them to all get used to playing together.

Unreal that the team has started 5-0 and there are actually fans that want the coach fired....wow.....when did we become Kentucky?

It's because some fans know what's coming in big 10 play.

You were supporting the coach to get fired on a single half of basketball. A game that we won, in case you hadn't noticed. If you're going to blame everything in that game on Pitino, then you can also give Pitino credit for the shot that won the game.

We've played nobody? Really? Didn't realize Power 5 teams were nobodies.

Really think you need to put your foot in your mouth on this one.

A single half of basketball. Maybe he watched the last 3 games. None of the past 3 games will work in the big 10.

It's because some fans know what's coming in big 10 play.

Disagree. I will never understand fans who are complaining after a 5-0 start. Yes the competition has not been great and it has been a bit sloppy but in case some do not know, winning games is tough.

"we have played no one". Ooooook then. The Gophers certainly have not looked outstanding, often enough have not looked good, but have played a pretty solid schedule AND are 5-0. The ball rotation and shot selection is on the players (or more) as much as the coach. Some of the stuff in that post is ridiculous at this juncture.

Last edited:

Pitino has been bringing in talent and the players seem to respond well enough to his coaching. I have thought some of X/O stuff has been lacking but when the talent level has been decimated the X/O side is an afterthought.

I do not care where the talent comes from as long as we have players like Murphy, Curry, McBrayer, Coffey and the three Freshmen. I'd take all of them over Davidson, and Reuvers any day of the week.

Having said all that, if Pitino were gone, Musselman would be my number one choice by far.

I like Pitino, the progress that he has made with recruiting local players, building the program, positive effort to further public relations, the recent batch of local recruits, Pitino's youth, the move to the Athletes village, I like his choice in Washington and many other recruits. I like his transparency when he talks about the success and failures in the program. While I like a lot about Pitino there is certainly much NOT to like about how things have progressed. I think his job is very safe here right now.

Let me be direct for with some of you. The worst thing about the gophers program is not the coaches or decisions made - it is you Patrick Reusse type fans here on gopherhole and elsewhere. We have a lot of great fans here in Minny but also some of the worst fans in the country. Seriously a lot of you constant negative guys really suck and should rethink your hobbies....

Mods, please shut down this moronic thread.

A single half of basketball. Maybe he watched the last 3 games. None of the past 3 games will work in the big 10.

So winning 3 games against Power 5 teams will not work against more Power 5 teams. Hm. Strong logic.

I don't care if you think every win should be a 30 point blow and look "pretty." Ugly wins count the same as pretty wins.

So winning 3 games against Power 5 teams will not work against more Power 5 teams. Hm. Strong logic.

I don't care if you think every win should be a 30 point blow and look "pretty." Ugly wins count the same as pretty wins.

I'm saying not making the NCAA again is time for Musselman.

Do you agree or disagree?

I like Pitino, the progress that he has made with recruiting local players, building the program, positive effort to further public relations, the recent batch of local recruits, Pitino's youth, the move to the Athletes village, I like his choice in Washington and many other recruits. I like his transparency when he talks about the success and failures in the program. While I like a lot about Pitino there is certainly much NOT to like about how things have progressed. I think his job is very safe here right now.

Let me be direct for with some of you. The worst thing about the gophers program is not the coaches or decisions made - it is you Patrick Reusse type fans here on gopherhole and elsewhere. We have a lot of great fans here in Minny but also some of the worst fans in the country. Seriously a lot of you constant negative guys really suck and should rethink your hobbies....

+100

it's not the the coaches or decisions made?

Good grief, he's 31-59 in big 10 play and I believe will miss the big dance again.

Maybe it's the decisions I"m making that is causing this.

Top Bottom