***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS WASHINGTON IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Unreal. The worst possible shot out of a timeout and he drains it.

Initially the play was good and IW had a seam. GK probably should have shot immediately upon the pass from IW, there was just enough space.

Not the best look or execution to get a shot with 14 seconds left but Gabe nailed it!

From the way he went up I thought that would be blocked or an airball. Gabe is amazing.

Amazing is right! That was magical. That guy...

It's a good night when my family has to tell me to quiet down.

I think IW should have taken one more step on that last play before he kicked to Gabe. But hey, it worked.

Washington will be a pretty decent pac 12 team this year so this was really a great win.

It was not very pretty this week but a tournament win is something to be proud of. Once they figure a few things out (Turnovers, Free Throws, Etc) this is an exciting bunch.

IW is pressing so hard right now. He needs to see a couple layups through the net. Need to give him an early 15ft jumper to get his confidence going and a iso high ball screen for a layup chance. Teams key on him going to the rack.

He’s flawed, but he’s all we got.

This is a great win for this team. Not because we beat a good Washington team, but because I think it was a huge "growing" moment for the young guys. IW did a great job managing (still didn't shoot the ball well), Murphy was an animal in the 2nd half, Oturu (other than some foul trouble against a difficult match up) and Matz both played fairly well, Coffey really came on in the 2nd half, and Gabe is showing more and more why he will be a HUGE piece of this team. Crazy to think that McBrayer only had 4 points as well.

Really, for as poorly as we played that first half, this was a huge win for the Gophers. Big time confidence booster.

A win is a win and it seems like we haven;t seen a buzzer beater in awhile.

On a general note, I found the fact we played Washington and have a guy named Washington on our team very confusing. Several times I heard "foul called on Washington" and then had to wait until there was more clarification. Luckily I don't believe we play any more teams the rest of the year named the same as a guy on team last name.

IW is pressing so hard right now. He needs to see a couple layups through the net. Need to give him an early 15ft jumper to get his confidence going and a iso high ball screen for a layup chance. Teams key on him going to the rack.

He’s flawed, but he’s all we got.
Seriously? Hilarious post.

Washington played a good game tonight, especially the 2nd half. He is progressing and could become a heck of a player with more experience.

On a general note, I found the fact we played Washington and have a guy named Washington on our team very confusing. Several times I heard "foul called on Washington" and then had to wait until there was more clarification. Luckily I don't believe we play any more teams the rest of the year named the same as a guy on team last name.

Ha! Same here.

Agreed. Why not call them the Huskies?

Wow! Tremendously entertaining second half ... capped off by a desperation three to win!

Where was Murph in the first half? Didn't even get a shot off, I don't think. Seemed like we should have been challenging inside more.

Solid game from Coffey, Stockman.

Looks like IW is finally ready to play some basketball. Other than the turnover in the final minute, pretty smart game.

JTG

Great win! Big confidence builder for these guys. Kalsheur now knows he can do it at crunch time, Washington had a really nice 2nd half. Lots to work on but that was big for this team! Pitino made some nice adjustments in the second half and Washington breaking down the zone was part of it...the other part was demanding that they continually get the ball into Murphy.

15-18 FTs second half...

Last edited:

Loved how Washington played the second half and moved the ball

Anyone else notice the 2nd half adjustment to leak Coffey after the Huskies put up a shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three Ugly Wins - the subtext of this tournament.
I'm surprised that so many viewers seem incapable of understanding the key impact that IW has made in the past few games.

Top Bottom