Gabe Kalscheur. 3 Stars. LOL.

The second half was not woeful. The team played well as a unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really did play well in the second half. The coaching staff made great adjustments to attack the zone (high ball screens, pushing in transition, getting the ball inside it, etc), and the kids executed it well. They battled, and I loved to see that. There were multiple occasions where they got within a point or two, then went back down by 7-9... but they continued to fight back. Very encouraging stuff.

He knows how to play and that goes along way in being a winning player. Great skills that make those around him better. Many players are missing that piece. Talent takes you only so far but combined with team skills and knowledge puts you on the floor for heavy minutes.

Agreed that Gabe doesn't have as quick a release as Blake. We'll learn more about his range as time goes. His improvement curve since his HS underclassmen years is impressive; his shooting has improved continuously, and I don't put it past him tho develop range out to anywhere.

He does a lot of things well right now. Instead of comparing him to past players, I think we're going to be comparing future players to him!

I honestly can't believe the amount of posts dedicated to comparing the release time between Blake and Gabe.

Don't think any of us saw this level of shooting coming from Gabe, hopefully he can keep it up as teams start to pay more attention to him and really focus on not giving him open looks. No matter what happens he has been the breakout star of the first 5 games and it is exciting to think what he could develop into if he can continue this strong play going forward.

Here's what I like about Gabe so far. His defense is really good for a freshmen. His demeanor is the same no matter what happens. And that is even better. He got in foul trouble yesterday and never let it show. I'm sure he was frustrated, but he kept playing. His three point shot is exactly what this team needs. He didn't get down yesterday when he was scoreless at half. He contributed when he could, actually hit a few foul shots unlike the rest of the team and hit the big shot to win. Now the last shot was a prayer, but we forgive those when it goes in. I'm excited for 4 years of him too.

So people are comparing Freshman Gabe vs. Senior Blake?

I honestly can't believe the amount of posts dedicated to comparing the release time between Blake and Gabe.

Don't think any of us saw this level of shooting coming from Gabe, hopefully he can keep it up as teams start to pay more attention to him and really focus on not giving him open looks. No matter what happens he has been the breakout star of the first 5 games and it is exciting to think what he could develop into if he can continue this strong play going forward.

Sure glad that Pitino is in charge of recruiting instead of us GHers. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really tough to double Murphy when pitino puts fans on the opposite wing to his post touch. That’s a tough rotation to make.

He knows how to play and that goes along way in being a winning player. Great skills that make those around him better. Many players are missing that piece. Talent takes you only so far but combined with team skills and knowledge puts you on the floor for heavy minutes.

I would speculate that the same reason we are surprised by Gabe, is the same reason we didn't see Geno Crandall's success either.

Well coached in high school. He brings habits, like active hands on D, that most players need to be taight as freshman. Allows Pitino to focus on nuances that build his strengths faster.

I wanted Tyrrell Terry this year for the same reasons. He brings a certain maturity component and focus that would go along way into easing his collegiate transition.

Top Bottom