Washington game thread

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Just beat Texas A&M by 4. They were down the entire first half and a good portion of the second. Were down by 14 I think at one point. We beat them by 5.

We both beat Santa Clara by 14.

Noah Dickerson looks like a load down low. Had 24 and 17 and shot 17 free throws. Nick Ward type player.

Should be a pretty even matchup.

On Streak for the Cash it asks who will win the championship for this game. Is there even a champion for this? Especially since Texas and Santa Clara don’t play a third game?

Good test for the Gophers. Will be telling how our guards compete, manage the game against good talent.

I think the Gophers win, mainly because I can't watch it live and I'm sure somehow the butterfly effect of that helps our team

We need Murph and Oturu to stay out of foul trouble. I watched some of the Washington/Auburn game and Dickerson got in foul trouble and was hardly a factor. Really threw their game off early. If we can duplicate that and avoid fouling him we should be in control.

On Streak for the Cash it asks who will win the championship for this game. Is there even a champion for this? Especially since Texas and Santa Clara don’t play a third game?

Not everyone is even playing 3 games. Santa Clara and Texas A&M don't play each other. I believe the Washington-MN game was added after the fact.

Not everyone is even playing 3 games. Santa Clara and Texas A&M don't play each other. I believe the Washington-MN game was added after the fact.

I believe so too. Not sure why though. And also not sure if they will have an all Showcase team, trophy, etc. like they normally do for the early season Tournaments.

I think we were originally supposed to get 3 games being in an 8 team tourney but they were unable to fill all of the slots. Maybe we elected to add a game and they didn't? Either way this is a big opportunity for us to get a solid win.

I think we were originally supposed to get 3 games being in an 8 team tourney but they were unable to fill all of the slots. Maybe we elected to add a game and they didn't? Either way this is a big opportunity for us to get a solid win.

I think you're right.

Gophers open as 1 point underdogs. I think we win this game.

I think you're right.

Minnesota was supposed to get a home game or 2 with the lower tier teams in the tournament, but the showcase couldn't get it done so added this third game. I am not sure, but A&M and Santa Clara may have games this weekend that were already scheduled.

Just one quick observation.

I watched some of the Florida vs Oklahoma game today and many of us are way too critical of our home town Gophers. Both of those teams take some bad shots, throw some balls out of bounds, miss some free throws, lose the guy they are defending, etc, etc....

Just saying that we tend to expect perfection every time down the court. The fact of the matter is that with college basketball, you hope that your team does just enough good things to overcome that bad things and wins the game. Some times we tend to “chicken little” our commentary during the games.

The Washington SBNation site predicts UM 71, UW 63. Writes players like Murphy who can score or pass out of the middle have given their zone fits.

Technically no. But we were the top two "seeds" and both won are first two games, so it came out the same as it would have if they'd done a tournament.

I watched some of the Florida vs Oklahoma game today and many of us are way too critical of our home town Gophers. Both of those teams take some bad shots, throw some balls out of bounds, miss some free throws, lose the guy they are defending, etc, etc....

Just saying that we tend to expect perfection every time down the court. The fact of the matter is that with college basketball, you hope that your team does just enough good things to overcome that bad things and wins the game. Some times we tend to “chicken little” our commentary during the games.

Could not agree more. I’m going to walk away happy with every win we stack up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you are right, but at the same time we're shooting 63% on free throws. That's the thing that really gets me going, especially when you you know it has no chance as soon as it leaves the hand.

I know you are right, but at the same time we're shooting 63% on free throws. That's the thing that really gets me going, especially when you you know it has no chance as soon as it leaves the hand.

Technically it has a 63% chance.

All jokes aside, I literally don’t watch us take FTs right now. I turn away. Hopefully we improve.

Which Isaiah Washington will show up? Will it be the kid who is under control and gets 10 assists or will it be the kid who had a tantrum on the floor like last night?
Please let it be the first kid and not the last.

Ok, I will give you that we are terrible at FT’s. And I find myself falling into the same expectations, just need to be grounded from time to time.

Couldn’t agree more.

Top Bottom