Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 98
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    In Pence's case, probably. But no, any other President wouldn't have said what Trump did.
    Yeah I"m not saying any other president would have said what trump said, but all other presidents would have stood by SA without even blinking an eye.
    Who hates iowa?


  2. #32

    Default

    It is to Trump's great credit that he actually just told the truth to the public. He said it was horrid what was done and that the Saudi's may or may not have done it but he is protecting American interests. No BS. I like it.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    It is to Trump's great credit that he actually just told the truth to the public. He said it was horrid what was done and that the Saudi's may or may not have done it but he is protecting American interests. No BS. I like it.
    What a ridiculously stupid post.
    Who hates iowa?

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    It is to Trump's great credit that he actually just told the truth to the public. He said it was horrid what was done and that the Saudi's may or may not have done it but he is protecting American interests. No BS. I like it.
    The sun may or may not rise from the east tomorrow morning.

    Tomorrow may or may not be Thanksgiving.

    Neil Armstrong may or may not have landed on the moon.

    You may or may not be full of sh&t, humble beggar.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,032
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    The sun may or may not rise from the east tomorrow morning.

    Tomorrow may or may not be Thanksgiving.

    Neil Armstrong may or may not have landed on the moon.

    You may or may not be full of sh&t, humble beggar.
    But you fully approve of Hillary's hit squads taking out anyone who threatens her. A million abortions a year here in the US. Heavily disproportionate Black and Brown. Your own Holocausts. Racist Holocausts.
    Kingdom Warriors

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    But you fully approve of Hillary's hit squads taking out anyone who threatens her. A million abortions a year here in the US. Heavily disproportionate Black and Brown. Your own Holocausts. Racist Holocausts.
    Yup, that’s how you lower their representation in the electorate. White liberals are the most racist people on earth.

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    It is to Trump's great credit that he actually just told the truth to the public. He said it was horrid what was done and that the Saudi's may or may not have done it but he is protecting American interests. No BS. I like it.
    Do you love him enough to go visit him when he’s in prison

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    He needs the Saudi's to continue to go after Iran. There is nothing the Saudi's could do wrong that would be big enough to ruin the relationship.
    It's probably as much that the Saudis finance Trump and his family - personal wealth - more than anything else.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Shoreview
    Posts
    14,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    It's probably as much that the Saudis finance Trump and his family - personal wealth - more than anything else.
    For those who haven't been paying attention, this is the Trump Doctrine.

  10. #40

    Default

    The Saudis killed a Muslim Brotherhood operative & the left wants to reshape our entire ME policy because of it. If it wasn't actually happening, it would sound preposterous to any sane person.

    I'm not even going to get into how silly the Khashoggi as humble, American "journalist", with the courage to challenge the Saudi system, is, in this post.

    I'll just say this: There's nothing we know about Saudi Arabia after the Khashoggi murder, that we didn't know 2 years ago, or 20 years ago. Nothing has changed, except we now have a POTUS who's more blunt and straight forward. I for one, appreciate the truth, even when it's not what I want to hear.

    It doesn't get any more progressive or liberal, than Glenn Greenwald and he has a great piece on this that the left leaners should read.

    "Donald Trump on Tuesday issued a statement proclaiming that, notwithstanding the anger toward the Saudi Crown Prince over the gruesome murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, “the United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region.” To justify his decision, Trump cited the fact that “Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world” and claimed that “of the $450 billion [the Saudis plan to spend with U.S. companies], $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors.”

    This statement instantly and predictably produced pompous denunciations pretending that Trump’s posture was a deviation from, a grievous violation of, long-standing U.S. values and foreign policy rather than what it actually and obviously is: a perfect example – perhaps stated a little more bluntly and candidly than usual – of how the U.S. has conducted itself in the world since at least the end of World War II.

    The reaction was so intense because the fairy tale about the U.S. standing up for freedom and human rights in the world is one of the most pervasive and powerful prongs of western propaganda, the one relied upon by U.S. political and media elites to convince not just the U.S. population but also themselves of their own righteousness, even as they spend decades lavishing the world’s worst tyrants and despots with weapons, money, intelligence and diplomatic protection to carry out atrocities of historic proportions."


    Read More:
    Trump’s Amoral Saudi Statement Is a Pure Expression of Decades-Old “U.S. Values” and Foreign Policy Orthodoxies
    https://theintercept.com/2018/11/21/...y-orthodoxies/

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,032
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    The Saudis, maybe in a bit it will become the Somalians, are the new Russians. Cinnamint's bizarre ignorance is increasing by the moment. Fail after fail. That's what losers do other than convert forklifts into time machines.
    Kingdom Warriors

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    How is this America First? Serious question.

    I know where Trump is coming from: self interest and reflexive criminality. I struggle to understand how his cult members construe these actions as being in the best interest of the country or even how they're remotely consistent with the themes the guy campaigned on, which included anti-Islam fervor/hate.
    I was going to answer this, but I erased my post because "no" it's not a "serious question". It's a low grade troll. Your choice of words: "reflexive criminality", "cult members" & campaigning on "anti-Islam hate", make that perfectly clear. None of that is accurate or true.

    I'm not saying this to insult you. I'm really not. There was a time you came off as one of the most intelligent posters here, asking valid questions, offering different opinions & what really made your takes valuable was that you didn't parrot the corporate media. Thats's all gone now. You've regressed so badly that your only contributions are as a troll & a flamethrower. Maybe that's your goal? Maybe you just gave up on having intelligent debates? If that's the case, carry on. If not, I hope you can step back & do some self reflection.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    But what if Khashoggi was a socialist? It's possible that he said something negative about Drumpf. Was he a democrat?

    All stupid reasons for drump to ignore this. Clearly putting his own financial interests as the most important thing. Sad. And we have a bunch of drump cheerleaders here that excuse this away.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    What's sad, is I think you might actually have convinced yourself this is true.

    The truth is Trump will continue our relationship with Saudi Arabia, as every POTUS of our lifetimes and before have, because of the obvious implications. Money, arms, oil, Iran, Israel, Egypt, Turkey, Qatar, ISIS, Al Queda, etc.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    He needs the Saudi's to continue to go after Iran. There is nothing the Saudi's could do wrong that would be big enough to ruin the relationship.
    Pretty much.

    For context though, there's nothing the Saudis could do to ruin the relationship, with any POTUS. The Saudis were lopping off heads, stoning women to death and funding terrorism under Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, JFK, etc. etc. None of them had any inclination of ending that relationships either.

    As you point out, SA is critical to the Trump foreign policy goal of neutering the Iranian government, but also to stopping the Muslim Brotherhood from taking leadership of the ME (Turkey/Egypt/Qatar) & creating peace between Israel & the Arabs/Muslims.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Pretty much.

    For context though, there's nothing the Saudis could do to ruin the relationship, with any POTUS. The Saudis were lopping off heads, stoning women to death and funding terrorism under Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, JFK, etc. etc. None of them had any inclination of ending that relationships either.

    As you point out, SA is critical to the Trump foreign policy goal of neutering the Iranian government, but also to stopping the Muslim Brotherhood from taking leadership of the ME (Turkey/Egypt/Qatar) & creating peace between Israel & the Arabs/Muslims.
    I said this too.

    As far as Trumps foreign policy goal I think it has more to do with the MIC than Trump. I think Trump's own family financial ties to SA influence trump more than his own foreign policy goals.
    Who hates iowa?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •