Point Guard

Yes, very good second half for IW. Some of his passes were beautiful. Huge difference when he plays like that. I hope he is encouraged by this game and repeats that performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, very good second half for IW. Some of his passes were beautiful. Huge difference when he plays like that. I hope he is encouraged by this game and repeats that performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When he takes on a pass first mentality he plays at a really high level at times. When he get selfish and starts forcing shots things fall apart. Hopefully we get more of what we saw in the second half today because that is the PG this team needs.

Bfast, You need to go look at the season the Gophers with Al Nolen, Blake Hoffarber, Mbawkwe and Sampson started out the season gangbusters and even beat #10 Louisville.

Al Nolen was declared ineligible and a team that was being ranked descended into hell and never recovered.

A Bellwether PG is still essential.

We had Aaron Robinson running PG in the Vince Grier NCAA tournament year. Washington just needs to be serviceable and we'll be fine. He will only get better as the year goes on too.

IW played great in the second half tonight. More of that, please.

yes. after an ugly first half he came back with a solid second half. We don’t need him to be a scorer or super flashy, he just needs to control the ball, distribute, and play D.

When he takes on a pass first mentality he plays at a really high level at times. When he get selfish and starts forcing shots things fall apart. Hopefully we get more of what we saw in the second half today because that is the PG this team needs.

Perfectly stated.

Jelly was great to watch against Washington. That is the formula for team and individual success for him.

Frankly, I'd assess it slightly differently.
When he has lost faith in his teammates to score is when he tries to do too much. Establishing himself as a scoring threat inside and outside, making the defense defend him at the 3 point line, this opens up the court. It makes the drive and dish work.

Top Bottom