STrib: Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck says team needs to reduce turnovers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Randy:

You hear it during training camp, in news conferences and pretty much any time P.J. Fleck talks football.

“The ball is the program,’’ the Gophers football coach says, stressing how important it is to avoid turnovers.

During his weekly news conference Tuesday, Fleck put a new twist on the catchphrase.

“The ball,’’ he said, “has not been the program.’’

Indeed, it hasn’t.

Entering Saturday’s regular-season finale at Wisconsin, the Gophers have a minus-9 turnover margin, which ranks 13th among the 14 Big Ten teams, ahead of only 1-10 Rutgers. But when you factor in conference games only, the Gophers sit in the Big Ten basement with a minus-11 mark, three turnovers more than any other team.

“We’re minus-11 in the turnover battle. We’re lucky we’re 5-6,’’ said Fleck, whose team takes a 2-6 Big Ten mark into the regular-season finale on Saturday at Wisconsin (7-4, 5-3). “We’ve got to be able to fix that.’’

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ays-team-needs-to-reduce-turnovers/500975601/

Go Gophers!!

Let's see if there's any more I LET MY TEAMMATES DOWN shirts left over in a closet from the Jerry Kill era. Like the turnover chain of public shame.

The coaches don’t turn the ball over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see if there's any more I LET MY TEAMMATES DOWN shirts left over in a closet from the Jerry Kill era. Like the turnover chain of public shame.

I dont remember who the back was, but I appreciated the time Kill made a player stand holding a ball the rest of the game on the sideline after a bad fumble.

Top Bottom