***OFFICIAL SANTA CLARA VS MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

No way would I start IW over Mcbrayer or Coffey... NO WAY!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Well, I guess I don't like this team's chances against a real team tomorrow night.

80-66 WIN.

Glad I didn't give up based on the negative posts on this board. Someone reading this board would think we are the worst 4-0 team in the Country.

Any close one. No excuse. That's one thing anyone can improve upon just by working at it. Anyone who might be handling the ball at the end of a game should be at least a 75% FT shooter.

Teams certainly aren't going to be afraid to foul us late in an effort to comeback. That said, I do think some of it can be attributed to the rims in Vancouver, they shot 70% in first to games. Not that 70% is great but definitely better then what they have shot over the past 2 games.

No matter what though it needs to get better or they will really struggle in close games.

Typical Murphy line: 15 points and 17 rebounds.

80-66 WIN.

Glad I didn't give up based on the negative posts on this board. Someone reading this board would think we are the worst 4-0 team in the Country.

4-0 is great but it is clear this team has a lot of work to do still. But hey, if they can keep racking up wins and improving on the way to Big Ten season that will be the best case scenario.

In this case, a win is a win, because that's about the only good thing I can say after watching that game.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Both Murphy and Coffey are too quick to release their FT when given the ball. They both need to focus on the rim for longer and then release the ball. The absolutely will make more FT by improving their concentration when they get the ball at the FT line. C'mon guys...basic stuff here.

I am looking forward to Washington.

Yeah, should give us a pretty good idea of how the team will stack up against quality competition. Not going to read a ton into the game win or lose but good early season indicator at least.

Coffey was pressing too much. It wasn’t his night.

Stull makes a few mistakes, he gets yanked right away and we don’t see him again? Let him play a little bit more. It’s not like most of the other guards were playing well.

Coffey was pressing too much. It wasn’t his night.

Stull makes a few mistakes, he gets yanked right away and we don’t see him again? Let him play a little bit more. It’s not like most of the other guards were playing well.

Coffey did not play well against A&M either, he just seems off right now for one reason or another. Need him to be a leader and ideally be a guy the team can look to when they need a key basket.

Coffey did not play well against A&M either, he just seems off right now for one reason or another. Need him to be a leader and ideally be a guy the team can look to when they need a key basket.

Every Coffey attempt at the rim is a twisting, turning, falling down convolution to avoid contact. Its hard to make a shot when you are falling away from the basket and even harder when you can't score with your off hand. I had hoped he would be stronger to the rim this year, but its still not the case. Pitino needs to coach him up on this issue.

On the upside, he played tough defense and got to the line. Playing PG may be negatively affecting him.

Block M;1637971[B said:
]Every Coffey attempt at the rim is a twisting, turning, falling down convolution[/B] to avoid contact. Its hard to make a shot when you are falling away from the basket and even harder when you can't score with your off hand. I had hoped he would be stronger to the rim this year, but its still not the case. Pitino needs to coach him up on this issue.

On the upside, he played tough defense and got to the line. Playing PG may be negatively affecting him.

Our whole team kind of does this. This is not a smooth team by any stretch.

Top Bottom