***OFFICIAL SANTA CLARA VS MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

If Gabe keeps shooting like this...he wont be a 4 year player. Wow. He is so damn impressive
Lol...Smh. This board is second to none when it comes to ridiculous hyperbole. Both positive and negative.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just finished watching after a movie with the family.

Y’all need to chill the **** out.

I can’t be the only one to see Amir playing really solid D off and on the ball. His O will come around. I don’t like him at the point either.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Would we have lost this game without Gabe? Maybe not, but it might have been too close for comfort.

In this case, a win is a win, because that's about the only good thing I can say after watching that game.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Not one thing? A freshman scoring 25 points on 7 made threes? Out rebounding SC 49-33 with 18 offensive rebounds? 6 assists and only 3 fouls for Murphy?

I agree it was ugly at times, but that’s a lot of hyperbole.

Hurt clearly got fouled on that shot. Not sure what all the complaining is about from SC. Hurt giving some nice energy today. Rather see him in there than McBrayer tonight.

Agree. Not sure why Stull isn’t getting more time. McBrayer can’t buy a basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully they can raise free throw percentage above 60%. 23-38 was not good tonight.

McBrayer 1-9 from 3pt didn't help much either.

Won the rebounding battle and kept turnovers under 10.

Santa Clara has already lost to UC Irvine and Prairie View by double digits this year. Win is a win.

Last edited:

i only watched second half so i might be a little bias, however ive watched this team several years very closely and i watched the first two games...Couple thoughts

Its all about defense the second any of yall realize that discussion is done...

coffee mcbrayer and kalchuer and oturu provide the best wing defense we have had since i can remember...important in todays game...

is anyone here seriously worried about whether or not amir can handle ball pressure...lol kid is smart and very calm he will figure it out...

we are depending on freshman...so what

team looks good few wrinkles to figure out but im not concerned

Last I saw of this game was a Pitino timeout after consecutive Santa Clara 3's tied the score at 46 with 10:58 to play. The Gophers outscored SC the rest of the way 34-20 and Gabe went from having 50% of the team's points to only scoring 2 more.

Somebody came up big at the end and it wasn't Kalesheur.

I will say it again. free throws are going to cost us games this year!

Gabe is so dang good. Blowing expectations away. hes been our most important player so far this year

Coffey is fine at point guard. you can tell he isn't 100% comfortable with it yet. but I think he will be fine.

but having said that. Carr would have pushed this team to the next level. without him IW & Coffey will have there hands full running the point. but im glad we have played A&M and now Washington today. we gotta get these guys comfortable

Oturu & Stockman. how nice is it to have to Centers you can count on!

Jordan Murphy being Jordan Murphy

Last I saw of this game was a Pitino timeout after consecutive Santa Clara 3's tied the score at 46 with 10:58 to play. The Gophers outscored SC the rest of the way 34-20 and Gabe went from having 50% of the team's points to only scoring 2 more.

Dupree!

Making open shots picks the whole team up and vice versa. Have to believe shots will start falling for Coffey and McBrayer and that will make a big difference. Hard to know what's going on with IW. The freshmen are as advertised and more. Been really nice to have a backup center come in and immediately contribute positively.

Notice how the announcers said Santa Clara wasn't as deep and ran out of gas?
We got 39 minutes from our bench. They got 73 minutes from there's!

A better comment would have been Santa Clara was playing harder all game to stay in it and they ran out of gas at the end.

It is sure nice to have a shot blocker again!

Murphy has really improved as a passer! He is leading us in assists at 4.5 per game!

Still believer IW is the key to the season. Coffey is not a pg and his whole game is suffering.

Gabe, Murphy, Oturu are money so far this season.

Coffey, McBrayer, and IW are struggling.

That was a pathetic pass / TO for a easy finish the other way. Props to Pitino for not putting him back in.

Did you not see the terrible pass Coffey had on the 3 on 1? Obviously Coffey gets the benefit of the doubt. But he still played horribly. Stull's mistake was bad, but not playing him the rest of the way after it while our guard play was terrible most of the night doesn't make sense to me. I have no problem him getting yanked there. I just think he should have gotten a few minutes in the 2nd half.

Did you not see the terrible pass Coffey had on the 3 on 1? Obviously Coffey gets the benefit of the doubt. But he still played horribly. Stull's mistake was bad, but not playing him the rest of the way after it while our guard play was terrible most of the night doesn't make sense to me. I have no problem him getting yanked there. I just think he should have gotten a few minutes in the 2nd half.

This. If Pitino benched guys for mistakes Coffey and McBrayer would have each played about 45 seconds vs Santa Clara

This. If Pitino benched guys for mistakes Coffey and McBrayer would have each played about 45 seconds vs Santa Clara

Well they are both averaging 13 to 14 points a game and are the 2nd and 3rd leading scorers on the team. They have had some rough moments but i wouldnt say it has been a complete struggle for these two.

It was the defense, Pitino emphasized defense as the key to start everything else. He discussed it in the last timeout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that 3 on 1 pass could be on a bloopers video.

As far as Stull, agree 100%. Giving him so little playing time when Coffey and McBrayer stunk is not only bad for his own psychology, it's bad PR for grad transfer recruiting. Pitino likely is going to need to recruit at least one grad transfer this spring so he should show that he makes an effort to include grad transfers in the rotation.

Yes, that 3 on 1 pass could be on a bloopers video.

As far as Stull, agree 100%. Giving him so little playing time when Coffey and McBrayer stunk is not only bad for his own psychology, it's bad PR for grad transfer recruiting. Pitino likely is going to need to recruit at least one grad transfer this spring so he should show that he makes an effort to include grad transfers in the rotation.
The difference between Coffey and Stull in regard to mistakes is that Coffey still played solid defense. Stull, on the other hand got ate up and spit out on defense. His guy scored on three consecutive possessions. Stull deserved a seat far down the pines for his defensive failure more than his bad pass.
Pitino should never reward lack of effort with more playing time. I couldn't care less if Stull is a grad transfer. Pitino made the right call. If Stull wants to play then he better dig himself out by playing good defense.

Top Bottom