***OFFICIAL SANTA CLARA VS MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

A lot of free throw shooting is just focus and mental toughness.

have been in and out here in the second some....have they mentioned why Stull is not playing at all? Assume it is a matchup thing.

He made one bad turnover and hasn't seen the floor since.

Isolate Gabe and Murphy on the same side. Gabe will be wide open when his man doubles down on Murph. I haven't seen that tried yet.

They are doubling from the weak side and dropping a perimeter defender down to stop the other big. That is how Gabe got a few open looks on skip passes in the first half.

Isolate Gabe and Murphy on the same side. Gabe will be wide open when his man doubles down on Murph. I haven't seen that tried yet.

This. I don’t like the general off-ball flow of the ball; although admittedly it looks better than Tubby’s stagnance.

Free throw shooting leaves a lot to be desired.

You realize Pitino can tell guys what to do but they don’t have to listen, right? Like he tells guys to make free throws I’d assume.

Good coaches recruit and train good players who follow their direction. Missing a shot or freethrow is a physical mistake while not listening to your coach is a mental mistake. IE Ty Montgomory!

Hmmm....Gabe has some acting ability to go along with his hot shooting

How many BIG games will we lose this year due to bad free throw shooting?
Any close one. No excuse. That's one thing anyone can improve upon just by working at it. Anyone who might be handling the ball at the end of a game should be at least a 75% FT shooter.

If Santa Clara had the bodies, I’d play hack a gopher all night.

Ok. So somehow Kalscheur is our best perimeter player, in his fourth game of his college career.

Nice for Santa Clara to give us some free throw practice. We needed it.

They have been poor free throw shooters for a few seasons now. Hard to understand.

Dupree was cracking me up with the fake handshakes on the free throws....don't think I have ever seen someone do that on a technical.

Top Bottom