***OFFICIAL SANTA CLARA VS MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

How can Coffey be that tall and get that close to the rim and miss time and time again today?

McBreyer, Murphy and Coffey need to wake up. Gabe is awesome, but a freshman should not be our most consistent player.

McBrayer chucking up threes like he's the one who's hit six already.

How can Coffey be that tall and get that close to the rim and miss time and time again today?

Too much traveling basketball teaches you to just flail your arms and pray for free throws

McBreyer, Murphy and Coffey need to wake up. Gabe is awesome, but a freshman should not be our most consistent player.

Murphy is the most consistent player. He is playing terrible yet still has 6 points, 11 rebounds, and 4 assists in a half.
Might get a triple double tonight in a game where he is off.

Gabe with 18 points...rest of the team 15 points

If Gabe keeps shooting like this...he wont be a 4 year player. Wow. He is so damn impressive

Great shot going into the locker room of the 3 freshman....hopefully a view of the core of this team for the next few years. So impressed with Kalscheur on both ends of the court but his 3 point shooting has been off the charts. Clearly won't keep shooting this high of a percentage all year but at this point he is the guy I would be looking to when we need a basket.

Murphy is the most consistent player. He is playing terrible yet still has 6 points, 11 rebounds, and 4 assists in a half.

Yep. Murphy is a machine even when playing poorly

Gabe stepped it up on both ends to get us going. Not only did he make 6 3s, but he defensively he caused an over-and-back violation and picked up a charge. McBrayer and Coffee are really struggling. If they can gain some confidence we can be very good. C'mon guys...just play loose and have fun.

Somebody tell Dupree this isn't his show, move the damn ball.

McBrayer can shoot you into a game or he can shoot you right out of a game. When he starts missing and forcing shots, you gotta get him outta there.

McBrayer can shoot you into a game or he can shoot you right out of a game. When he starts missing and forcing shots, you gotta get him outta there.

It hurts even more when Gabe is on a heater. Dupree took two early shots at the end of the half which killed that wave of momentum.

Texas A&M game - 11 assists and 20 turnovers.

First half against Santa Clara - 9 assists and just 6 turnovers......much better on both counts.

Last edited:

The good news...only 6 turnovers so far.....trending better

I don't recall him shooting us "into" a game for quite some time.

Quit saying won’t be a four year player about everyone.

There is nobody on this gopher team who is an NBA lottery pick.

What are you talking about? Who else have I said won't be a 4 year player? And I disagree, Gabe is shooting 63% from deep this year. If he maintains a plus 50% for a season(not likely, but anything is possible.) I can promise scouts will at least take a look.

Coffey can pull his head out of his ass at any time as far as i"m concerned.

Take Gabe away and they shot 6/28..........WTF

We are going to go long stretches in big 10 play without scoring. Sound familiar?

The rebounding is there as always. But the offense, woof. Some of the shots almost have to start going in the 2nd half.

And why is he forcing the shots when the rest are not? Jealous of Gabe?

Both teams have 6 turnovers, but we have 12 more shot attempts than Santa Clara.

Top Bottom