Tyler Johnson Could Break All Three Major Receiving Records on Saturday

WorkingMyTailOff

Reaction score
Currently Tyler sits at 70 receptions, 1036 yards, and 10 touchdowns.
  • He would need 14 catches to tie Decker for most receptions in a season
  • 90 yards to break Ron Johnson's yardage total
  • 1 TD to tie and 2 to break the TD record set by Omar Douglas and Ron Johnson

Getting the Axe and the trifecta would be Golden. The reception total is a tough get though I think.

Currently Tyler sits at 70 receptions, 1036 yards, and 10 touchdowns.
  • He would need 14 catches to tie Decker for most receptions in a season
  • 90 yards to break Ron Johnson's yardage total
  • 1 TD to tie and 2 to break the TD record set by Omar Douglas and Ron Johnson

Getting the Axe and the trifecta would be Golden. The reception total is a tough get though I think.

IF he were to get the 14 receptions, I think we'd see the "W"....

Two out of three would be great no matter how you look at it. 14 catches in a game seems to be far fetch. Could be done I guess.

If he gets the axe and the yards and td, he can get the catches in the bowl game

The chances he returns for his senior year has to be pretty slim at this point correct? Is the assumption that he will go pro?

The chances he returns for his senior year has to be pretty slim at this point correct? Is the assumption that he will go pro?

Hell definitely be back. He’d be lucky to crack the 6th-7th round rn imo

My guess is Tyler Johnson returns for his senior season. The drops will significantly hurt his draft stock. I think if he leaves now he could potentially end up as an Undrafted free agent.

How about zero drops?

The drops have shifted over to Bateman in recent games, TJ has been a little better in that department.

If he breaks all 3 records Saturday I like the odds of us being on the Winning side of the score column. Wisconsin's pass D is not great so the opportunity will certainly be there for him to have a big game.

To the person who asked about him going pro after this year....I still think that is a pretty big long shot....He is really new to the position and could use another year to develop as a receiver. Doesn't get discussed much but I think Matt Simon deserves a ton of credit for the work he has done with TJ. If TJ continues on this same upward track he has a shot at being named to an All-American team next year.

Tough to say how he would have developed under the old staff but they didn't have the greatest track record with the WR position.

Players leaving early for the draft is something Gopher fans very rarely have to be concerned with...

I think It's awesome. Ive never understood why people get butt hurt over players leaving early. If someone declares for the NFL draft and gets paid I wish them all the best. I would do the same thing in their situation. I would have bought a Maxx Williams NFL Jersey if they werent like $220 now. Next man up.

You are kidding, right?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Two out of three would be great no matter how you look at it. 14 catches in a game seems to be far fetch. Could be done I guess.

I don’t think Henry Lake and Ron Johnson are draft experts, but heard them talking about this on Sunday and Ron thinks he could test the waters. He is really talented and pretty polished right now.

If any Gopher declares for the draft early this year it will be Carter Coughlin.

I don’t agree. Why would he leave early? Family is well off, he’s a tweener, could use a year to bulk up or potentially move to LB next year. Seems to love Fleck and wants to turn the program around. Might have a chance to make the turn next year.

Tyler is more likely even though I would guess he will also return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t agree. Why would he leave early? Family is well off, he’s a tweener, could use a year to bulk up or potentially move to LB next year. Seems to love Fleck and wants to turn the program around. Might have a chance to make the turn next year.

Coughlin isnt a tweener. If he leaves this year he will be drafted most likely between rounds 3-5. If he stays another year of course he will maybe be drafted even higher.

I didn't say Coughlin will leave early. I don't know what is going on in his head. Just that he is the most likely if any Gopher leaves early this year and certainly more likely than Tyler Johnson.

TJ will return next year. His draft stock will improve with another year of seasoning. Johnson and Bateman will be an awesome receiving duo to watch.

IF he were to get the 14 receptions, I think we'd see the "W"....

0% chance that will happen (rounded down). Wisconsin would start triple-teaming him at 10.
7 receptions is a good day 14 would mean roughly 21 or so targets if he's having a good day catching the ball.

That would mean that we're basically only throwing the ball to Tyler.
I'm not sure what would happen that would cause that, but it probably wouldn't be good news for Gopher football.

Coughlin isnt a tweener. If he leaves this year he will be drafted most likely between rounds 3-5. If he stays another year of course he will maybe be drafted even higher.

Not a tweener - Just a LB who hasn’t played LB. He will be back next year.

It's really difficult to tell how pro scouts view WRs in today's wide-open game. I think there is a place for Tyler Johnson in the pros. Good size. Deceptive speed. Battles the defense on contested throws. Like others have said, the drops have hurt him. I expect him to be back.

My guess is Coughlin will be back as well unless the new DC says he's going to play him at DT.

My guess is Coughlin will be back as well unless the new DC says he's going to play him at DT.

Coughlin is the kind of kid and leader that would make it work. I don’t think he’d back down from anything. I love his attitude and he is a great player. We need 20 more kids like him

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. FWIW, he told me before the season that both Winfield and Coughlin both were planning on entering the draft if the season played out as they hoped.

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy. FWIW, he told me before the season that both Winfield and Coughlin both were planning on entering the draft if the season played out as they hoped.

They both need to come back. Neither of them will be a high draft pick. Maybe Coughlin can move back to more of a linebacker role next season as we'll finally have some depth on the defensive line. But neither look ready to me.

Not a tweener - Just a LB who hasn’t played LB. He will be back next year.

It would be great to see him in the same role that Cashman had this year.

I think Coughlin, Barber, Martin, Johnson, and Green are all in to turn this thing around. My guess is they will all stay, I do agree that Johnson would be the most likely to leave early.

They both need to come back. Neither of them will be a high draft pick. Maybe Coughlin can move back to more of a linebacker role next season as we'll finally have some depth on the defensive line. But neither look ready to me.

Always tough to know what players will decide to do but agree that both Coughlin and Johnson would be well served to come back for their senior years.

TJ especially needs another year of development at the WR position to really solidify himself there and to become a more attractive option for NFL teams.

Hopefully Coughlin gets a chance to play some LB next season because that is almost certainly his position in the NFL with his size. Possible that he could play DE at the next level but would seem unlikely.

Top Bottom