Yep, he's been impressive. Pretty physical runner (and blocker) for a relatively compact frame.

JTG

Yup. Stepped up big when those ahead of him went down.

That's a lot for a guy who was a backup behind Smith and didn't play much in a couple others.

Of course, setting freshman records is a matter of opportunity. If Rodney Smith stays healthy, Ibrahim would have been the #2 option at tailback, and might have 200 or 300 yards. to set records as a freshman, you either have to be good enough to leapfrog all the upperclassmen at your position, or get an opportunity due to injury, or simply lack of depth at the position.

That is not a knock on Ibrahim - he's been a pleasant surprise for the Gophers. Just saying that it was unexpected going into the season. If I recall correctly, Edmonds was the more heralded recruit at the time, but he has not sniffed the field.

Of course, setting freshman records is a matter of opportunity. If Rodney Smith stays healthy, Ibrahim would have been the #2 option at tailback, and might have 200 or 300 yards. to set records as a freshman, you either have to be good enough to leapfrog all the upperclassmen at your position, or get an opportunity due to injury, or simply lack of depth at the position.

That is not a knock on Ibrahim - he's been a pleasant surprise for the Gophers. Just saying that it was unexpected going into the season. If I recall correctly, Edmonds was the more heralded recruit at the time, but he has not sniffed the field.

Ibrahim is a redshirt frosh and was part of Fleck's 1st recruiting class. Edmonds is redshirting this year.

Lol, that's cute. 815. Kind of like a little puppy.

Might want to watch the game Saturday to see the all-time leader in yards for a freshman RB (in the NCAA, not for some school that hasn't been relevant for decades).

And yet here you are spending time on a message board of a team that you say has been irrelevant for decades. Maybe find a hobby or something. I'm sure your mom will do something with you. Just walk upstairs and ask her.

And yet here you are spending time on a message board of a team that you say has been irrelevant for decades. Maybe find a hobby or something. I'm sure your mom will do something with you. Just walk upstairs and ask her.

He's just bitter they've never actually won anything.

Might want to watch the game Saturday to see the all-time leader in yards for a freshman RB (in the NCAA, not for some school that hasn't been relevant for decades).

Mo says how do you like me now? Glad he got to ruin your weekend...

Nice pre game call smart guy. The tide is turning.

121 yards today for Mohamed, he's up to 936 on the year. He should be able to crack 1000 in the bowl game.

Ibrahim's not going to break that many long runs, but he really runs hard and has enough quicks to get the edge. He's laid the lumber on a couple of blocks over the season.

Top Bottom