rb Jason Williamson, Owatonna

Kill used to say he likes to sign QBs and RBs from HS because they are usually the best players especially from smaller school programs.

He also used to say “more prouder” and “get leaned up.”

It doesn't have to be a case of "star" or "bust." there is a lot of room in between. If Williamson becomes a productive player for the Gophers, that's great. and I don't care what position he winds up at. The Gophers need depth at all positions. Yes, there is probably more of an immediate need at DB, but I don't see Williamson jumping right into the lineup. If he does become a full-time defensive player, I could see a red-shirt year and a development year before he starts seeing the field in 2021.

We all want instant results, but every player is different. sure, if the Gophers brought in some recruits who jumped into the lineup and became instant stars as true FR, that's great. bring them on. There just aren't a lot of kids like that - (and the ones who are capable of doing that have not been going to schools like MN in recent years.......)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he's been playing defense as well all these years. The kid can play football.

After watching Ibrahim this year I don't care so much about this kid's pure speed. If he has good vision, quick feet and runs hard, he can be effective. Mo ran great this year and he ain't fast at all. Now of course some of his 15 yd runs are TDs if it's Rodney or Brooks back there, but still...

After watching Ibrahim this year I don't care so much about this kid's pure speed. If he has good vision, quick feet and runs hard, he can be effective. Mo ran great this year and he ain't fast at all. Now of course some of his 15 yd runs are TDs if it's Rodney or Brooks back there, but still...

I think the oft-written thought that Mo is slow is odd- the play in which he got hurt early in the year was a long run in which he was barely caught by the DB- he ain't slow at all either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom