Wisconsin -10.5

I think speaking relatively, this team doesn’t care. They started the season playing for a national championship, now if they win it’s the difference between a bowl in Boca Raton or Tampa.

The fact that Wisconsin didn't give up after being down double-digits to Purdue in the 4th quarter last weeks says otherwise. If anything, Wisconsin probably cares more about this game than any other game on their schedule regardless of record.

Then, why would they stop against one of their biggest rivals, especially since they've dominated the series for a decade and a half?

Sadly, I doubt they consider us one of their biggest rivals any longer. More like the annoying little kid that lives next door that they laugh at and pick on.

The fact that Wisconsin didn't give up after being down double-digits to Purdue in the 4th quarter last weeks says otherwise. If anything, Wisconsin probably cares more about this game than any other game on their schedule regardless of record.

Weirdly, I think Wisconsin cares more about beating Minnesota this year than in the past. The past few, Wisconsin was in the mix for playoffs or NY6 - they needed the win, but it wouldn't have mattered who they were playing. The Minnesota game was just a necessary obstacle, and they needed to take care of business, though the axe was always a part of it. This year, it's just about the axe and not much more.

Always appreciate the Badger fans coming out of the woodwork to weigh in on the GH board here.

Always appreciate the Badger fans coming out of the woodwork to weigh in on the GH board here.

Thanks. As a lifelong Minnesotan and former Gophers fan it is fun to have a little banter about the Axe game.

After keeping the AXE 14 years running, I would NOT want to be the coach or players who lost the AXE.

Fans speculating about players not wanting to play is a ridiculous exercise.
There are very rare occasions where teams don’t care about the game.

I’m sure even Purdue planned on winning the game against the gophers in the locker room at halftime.

Las Vegas Insider lists QB Alex Hornibrook as doubtful

Las Vegas Insider lists QB Alex Hornibrook as doubtful
I would be shocked if he plays. Though i have read on this board how much he sucks so it must be to the Badgers advantage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hoping Cashman has an amazing game and becomes First Team All Big Ten.

This game has blowout city written all over it. Taylor will look like Herschel Walker as they shove the ball up our defense ass. You think we’re going into their house with a racaous crowd and come out with a victory? Keep dreaming you Rube’s! By the way did you know we have the youngest team in the nation? 4-13 in the big ten. Row the 3.5 million a year boat. In PJ I trust.

I would be shocked if he plays. Though i have read on this board how much he sucks so it must be to the Badgers advantage.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I bet you could read that on a Badger board as well

This game has blowout city written all over it. Taylor will look like Herschel Walker as they shove the ball up our defense ass. You think we’re going into their house with a racaous crowd and come out with a victory? Keep dreaming you Rube’s! By the way did you know we have the youngest team in the nation? 4-13 in the big ten. Row the 3.5 million a year boat. In PJ I trust.

Sadly, I have to admit there's quite a bit of truth to this.

I think speaking relatively, this team doesn’t care. They started the season playing for a national championship, now if they win it’s the difference between a bowl in Boca Raton or Tampa.

It used to be the case that anyone (any Badger, that is) could run around with the Axe, but a new tradition apparently has developed over the streak that only the seniors do it. They just released a hype video that focuses on just that - there are seniors who have played in this game every year who have not yet touched the Axe following the game.

It's not just about the Axe anymore, the "streak" has taken on a life of its own. I'm pretty sure they care.

Based on what PJ said at his PC today, this will be a rout. When asked how important it is to win this game, he sidestepped the question and went on a tangent about succeeding by failing or something like that. Didn't exactly inspire confidence. I think he's more concerned with getting on the road and recruiting.

Based on what PJ said at his PC today, this will be a rout. When asked how important it is to win this game, he sidestepped the question and went on a tangent about succeeding by failing or something like that. Didn't exactly inspire confidence. I think he's more concerned with getting on the road and recruiting.

You never know - coaches are all different in how they handle the press. I remember when Lou Holtz was here. Whenever he really played down his team's chances and made everyone feel sorry for him he would be cranking up the volume and go all-in. Maybe PJ is making this his bowl game and going all out. It would sure help with his recruiting if he were to pull out the win and he knows it. Don't fool yourself - I expect a very good effort by the boys and hopefully we can pull it out.

You never know - coaches are all different in how they handle the press. I remember when Lou Holtz was here. Whenever he really played down his team's chances and made everyone feel sorry for him he would be cranking up the volume and go all-in. Maybe PJ is making this his bowl game and going all out. It would sure help with his recruiting if he were to pull out the win and he knows it. Don't fool yourself - I expect a very good effort by the boys and hopefully we can pull it out.

Barber, Coughlin, Cashman, Martin, Olson, Andries, Johnson, Green, any upper classman, or Minnesotan on this roster should know how importance this game is. Ibrahim has already said they want to get to a bowl game for the seniors.

All in! Ball-out!!!

Maybe I’m giving PJ too much credit but I think he absolutely knows how important this game is and still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Plus Wisconsin has nothing to play for. They’re in the midst of a lost season, there fans don’t care (I got tickets for this game at a price Mark Coyle would be appalled by) and the Gophers have everything to play for.

Let’s hope for crappy weather and for the Gophers to go up early and Wisconsin packs it in. Maybe it took 5 weeks for the kids to learn to play on the road.

Ya, PJ knows how important this game is, just look at last year. The way he left Croft out there and didn't give the Senior Minnesota native a shot in his last Gopher game at home, despite the offense looking like the worst ever to play football.

I remember one of PJF's initially pressers after he was hired. He joked he could loss all the other games but if won the axe the season would be a success. I hope he remembers that this week.

Ya, PJ knows how important this game is, just look at last year. The way he left Croft out there and didn't give the Senior Minnesota native a shot in his last Gopher game at home, despite the offense looking like the worst ever to play football.

I have to agree. On paper, the Gophers should get killed. On film, they should get killed. Wisconsin is not going to lay down, they have plenty to play for, and players who wanna win more than the Gophers do. On top of that being at home or on the road doesn't matter, according to last year.

With last year in the back of your mind, do not be surprised if it's yet another Wisconsin blow out. Honestly, I would love to see Minnesota win as much as the next Gopher fan, but it's not in the cards.

Is that UGA Herschel Walker or Vikings Herschel Walker?

bf2705f835f40b9773489c1416cec64d.jpg

Just to get rid of that fricking fadger crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barber, Coughlin, Cashman, Martin, Olson, Andries, Johnson, Green, any upper classman, or Minnesotan on this roster should know how importance this game is. Ibrahim has already said they want to get to a bowl game for the seniors.

All in! Ball-out!!!

are there any?

The late great John Gagliardi would lament how terrible his team was each week then win by 50. It's a coaching tradition for many that goes all the way back to Knute Rockne. I'd rather a coach downplay a team's merits to the press leading into a game than brag...but that's just me.

I remember one of PJF's initially pressers after he was hired. He joked he could loss all the other games but if won the axe the season would be a success. I hope he remembers that this week.

He didn’t say that, he said that’s what some fans were telling him. He said he even asked a fan that at a speaking engagement and the fan said yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom