Rivalry - why it will be good if Minne actually can win in this lifetime

Cute.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't expect any sympathy from wisconsin or its fans. They've done their part to keep the rivalry relevant and we've taken an almost generation off in doing our part.

Beat wisconsin. It's time.

Go Gophers!!

Michigan has had as much success against Ohio State since 2000 as we've had vs Wisconsin, and no one is saying that rivalry is dead.

That's crazy we haven't won since 2003. I've only been watching since 2010, so it doesn't feel quite as long.

Michigan has had as much success against Ohio State since 2000 as we've had vs Wisconsin, and no one is saying that rivalry is dead.

I’m probably not the only one here who wishes I could say that.

I'm afraid it's more akin to a romantic "rivalry"where one guy takes another guys girl and she never looks back.

I'm afraid it's more akin to a romantic "rivalry"where one guy takes another guys girl and she never looks back.

Except it is Wisconsin. So they took our livestock and never looked back

Why does Minnesota have to stink at football and all pro sports (except women's basketball) every year?

Why can't we have nice things... like once every 20 years even?

Just on averages...

Vikings should be in a Super Bowl every 16 years.
Gophers should be playing in Big Ten title every 7 years.
Twins, Timberwolves and Wild should be in a final every 15 years.

That's like a 40% chance one of those teams should get to one of those game each year... and it's been since 1991.
27 years

You can make all the arguments in the world .... but the Vikings in the NFC is the real kicker. In the last 17 Super Bowls, TWELVE different NFC teams have made it.

Obviously you can say we've had three really good shots to make it in that timeframe, including last season ... but it hasn't happened. Dallas and Washington also have not, but have been more recently than we have, and then the Lions are hapless.

I'm 34. I didn't grow up watching U sports because my dad and all my uncles went to St. Thomas or St. John's. I became a casual Gopher fan in 2005 when I was at Inver Hills, I was folding laundry one day and happened to click to the second half of the Little Brown Jug game. I became a hardcore fan in 2008, when I knew I'd be transferring to the U. I've hardly missed a quarter of Gopher football since then.

Blah blah blah blah. All of this is to say is that I've never actually watched the Gophers beat Wisconsin, and although there is strong video evidence and documentation to suggest that it has happened, I'm not totally sure I believe it.

Please just win.

Last edited:

Well I just don't see why this is the year to make demands ... the game is in Madison and we haven't quite "made it" yet as a program. But I do really like the way we've competed the last two games against teams that either did win or should have won over Wisco.

Based on those last two games alone, we should be competitive in this game. But I will not be surprised at any outcome.

This is off topic of the Wisconsin game - but people were talking about the lack of championships. What bothers me the most is that every B1G team except Maryland and Rutgers (and come on, they don't belong) has been to the Rose Bowl since our last appearance. Nebraska was pre-B1G. Indiana, Purdue and Illinois have all been. ARGH!

Top Bottom