• 1-9

Votes: 22 15.4%

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarrenTheGreek

Gov. Victory Bell Ringer
Reaction score
Surprised there hasn't been more of a discussion on this but we just concluded our 10th season at TCF Bank Stadium! It seems like just yesterday that we were all giddy with anticipation of being able to select our seats. Answer the poll question and then post some of your favorite memories from the first decade. I'll start.

1. Loved the atmosphere of the first couple of games. The win over Air Force was special and then the loss next week to a top-10 Cal team was still fun as the crowd was jacked.
2. Halloween night victory over Michigan State
3. The snow game against Ohio State. Even though we lost, this was still one of the most fun games. Dilly Bar Dan was embracing the cold, people in 212 were buying the entire row a beer. It was a good time had by all.

I've been to 67 of the 70 games. The only ones I've missed were San Jose State (2013), Illinois (2017) and Nebraska (2017).

Here's to the next decade of her life....may it only get better!

I'm at 67- only missed three games in 10 seasons (Cal 09, South Dakota 10, Penn State 13).

Most memorable games for me:
Air Force 2009 (opener)
Michigan State 2009 (Halloween night)
Iowa 2010 / 2011 (upset wins with crap teams)
Nebraska 2013 (Kill/Claeys era has liftoff)
Iowa 2014 (dropping 50+ pts)

Nice!

Still feels new to me.

That first night was really great.

After a decade, the place still needs a big-time win.

I am 4-0. Too bad I had to miss last year or it would have been 5-0.

I missed San Jose St due to a funeral (the game Streveler went 1-8 but ran wild), Nebraska last year, and Purdue this year. So 67...

Michigan St in 2009 was the most fun. Iowa in 2014 was the best win.

62 out of 70

No Gos: '12-New Hampshire, Purdue; '13-Western Illinois, Penn State; '14-Eastern Illinois, MTSU; '15-Nebraska, Illinois.

I enjoy the place a lot.

I have gone to 1-3 games per year. I still love the stadium, very little I would change about it!

This is the first year I haven't gone to at least one game...former STH.

Did they repaint the upper deck facade (where the titles are listed) to Maroon, or is it still looking kind of crappy and brownish due to sun fading? If they haven't it sure would look a lot better and be a cheap face lift.

Last edited:

Since I don't live in the cities and have to travel, I usually make one trip down to catch a game every year. Have been doing so since 2011.

69 - both the number of TCF bank stadium games I've attended and one of my favorite positions!

I missed one -- the South Dakota game. I forget why ... wedding?

Best games were the Michigan State game, all the Iowa wins and Nebraska win. Sneaky fun losses included USC and Cal (bring on more good programs in September, win or lose -- Cal was good at the time), along with the 2016 Michigan game. The USC and Cal cheerleaders were right in front of us, and I'll take the Cal cheerleaders over the Song Girls any day of the week.

Still feels like a home run of a college football venue. Get that reaction to this day when I bring someone for their first time. With Mooch and Williams, U has some great venues.

Best game I was at was against TCU.

Love the stadium. Favorite spot (so far) is in the end zone below the plaza. Easy in and out, quick access to rest rooms and concessions. Best spot for watching plays develop.

JTG

Still feels like a home run of a college football venue. Get that reaction to this day when I bring someone for their first time. With Mooch and Williams, U has some great venues.

Really the only criticism I have is the lack of bathrooms. Lines can get very long. Would be nice if they did something with the upper concourse for concessions/bathrooms, but I know that will have to wait a few years until PJ is in the midst of our 3rd Rose Bowl season and they decide to expand the stadium.

Otherwise - it's a great stadium.

I think my favorite moment was the opening night vs Air Force.

I've missed the following:
2009: Air Force (let my parents go in my spot to thank them for always taking me to games as a kid)
2011: Wisconsin
2014: Purdue
2015: Ohio
2017: Maryland, Wisconsin
2018: Iowa, Purdue

Really the only criticism I have is the lack of bathrooms. Lines can get very long. Would be nice if they did something with the upper concourse for concessions/bathrooms, but I know that will have to wait a few years until PJ is in the midst of our 3rd Rose Bowl season and they decide to expand the stadium.

Otherwise - it's a great stadium.

I think my favorite moment was the opening night vs Air Force.

Yeah, there never seems to be enough bathrooms. Same thing at US Bank...the Men's but my buddy's seats there has seven urinals and a couple toilets. Line is always out the door.

I found a majority of people migrate to a couple bathrooms at TCF for some reason. Line moves pretty fast and I think they are a lot more clogged up in cold weather.

There usually are concessions up top...in fact that's usually where I go for craft beer....even last Saturday. No line.

I've been to around 20 games and have sat pretty much everywhere. I like the upper deck best - shade side early in the year and sun side late in the year. The best seats I ever had were first row upper deck 25 yard line on Gopher side. Upper rows in the lower level sidelines between the 35s are okay too.
I've never had a huge issue with bathrooms. I usually go in the middle of a quarter when the other team has the ball.
The only thing I would change is a stronger t-shirt cannon. It doesn't get to the upper deck.

Had season tickets twice since 2010. Wife is in pharmacy school at the U now, so I would like to take advantage of those cheap tickets before she graduates...But I'm waiting for a more competitive team first. Maybe next year.

We are lucky to have TCF Bank Stadium. Going to school during the dome/Wacker years was not conducive to fun college football watching. I could afford tickets when the Bank opened but the Kill era started they Athletic dept had some good 2 or 3 game promos to get folks like me that were interested in to the stadium. After doing that one year I was able to get a small group together for four tickets. We had that until this year, when I had to go down to two tickets.
It has been a stretch financially to pay for two tickets on my own and even a stretch to get friends to join me for the past couple of games, but I hope to keep it going. Good times have been had and I think we are in for some good seasons ahead starting with next year when I think this team will be compete for the West.

I'm at 67- only missed three games in 10 seasons (Cal 09, South Dakota 10, Penn State 13).

Most memorable games for me:
Air Force 2009 (opener)
Michigan State 2009 (Halloween night)
Iowa 2010 / 2011 (upset wins with crap teams)
Nebraska 2013 (Kill/Claeys era has liftoff)
Iowa 2014 (dropping 50+ pts)

You have nailed my most memorable games as well.

I’m not at 67 tho. Didn’t miss a single one for the first 5 or 6 years. Then kids sports started getting in the way, then Norwood, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Missed two games over the years...one for a wedding and one due to health reasons.

Love the stadium every time no matter the season or what the elements have to offer.

Now, in terms of the play on the field that's a different story no matter the AD or coach...

TCF is perfect for college football.

Night game against Syracuse. Anyone remember that goal line stand?

I’m at 69/70. Missed Rutgers in 2016 for an out of town funeral.

The last two games this year are the first two games my kids (1.5 & 3.5) have missed. Just too cold.

My buddy and I bought season tix the last two years in the dome to build up some priority in the TCF seat selection line, even though I was in grad school in OH. I think I made it to about half those games in the dome, with my dad filling in for me when I couldn’t make it.

Top moments: First game against Air Force, tOSU snow game with my group of tOSU friends from out of town, MSU Halloween, Jeff Horton wining Floyd

I've been to 28, all in the past 4 years.

Fresno State and Purdue this year were probably the most fun. Not that may good home wins in the past 4 years with very few upsets and wins against really strong teams/rivals. Most memorable was sadly TC's first game, the Michigan game. I'm still mad about that one.

Top Bottom