The Return of Josh Martin

shaggith

Gopher Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was checking out how Santa Clara has done this season (bad, very bad) and saw a familiar name on roster. Former Gopher, Josh Martin, is averaging 4.7ppg to go with 7 rebounds in 24 minutes per game. He'll probably come to the game with a chip on his shoulder but Murph will overpower him anyways!

I was checking out how Santa Clara has done this season (bad, very bad) and saw a familiar name on roster. Former Gopher, Josh Martin, is averaging 4.7ppg to go with 7 rebounds in 24 minutes per game. He'll probably come to the game with a chip on his shoulder but Murph will overpower him for 18 minutes while battling avoidable foul trouble the whole game anyways!

FTFY

Why would Martin have a chip on his shoulder? He wasnt dismissed from the team he full on quit and transferred back west.

Why would Martin have a chip on his shoulder? He wasnt dismissed from the team he full on quit and transferred back west.

I think anytime you play against a former team of yours, you'll have a chip. There will be something extra in him that wants to crush us.

I think anytime you play against a former team of yours, you'll have a chip. There will be something extra in him that wants to crush us.

Meh. Some people seem to need DRAMA to make the games interesting, but I think basketball is plenty fun to watch without DRAMA. Don't bore me with distractions.

I think that is a reach. He wasnt exactly lighting the world on fire in the Big West Conference when he grad transferred from Cal Poly. He averaged like 7 points in 3 years.

I think that is a reach. He wasnt exactly lighting the world on fire in the Big West Conference when he grad transferred from Cal Poly. He averaged like 7 points in 3 years.

I never said he was good or would have a good game against us. Just that he will WANT to a bit more than normal, given that we are a former team of his.

I was checking out how Santa Clara has done this season (bad, very bad) and saw a familiar name on roster. Former Gopher, Josh Martin, is averaging 4.7ppg to go with 7 rebounds in 24 minutes per game. He'll probably come to the game with a chip on his shoulder but Murph will overpower him anyways!

I had forgotten he ended up transferring there. It at least makes for a story line in a game that won't have many. Thanks for posting.

Go Gophers!!

That's 24 min a game he wouldn't be getting here!

I never said he was good or would have a good game against us. Just that he will WANT to a bit more than normal, given that we are a former team of his.

I'm not sure why that's hard for some on here to understand. It's not about creating a storyline or drama, it's about wanting to perform even better against an old team. We see this all the time in sports. If a player is being honest he won't pretend it's "just another game."

For sure. I bet the 9 days he spent in MN were the worst of his life.

Just take care of business, get the win. Celebrate afterwards!

I'm not sure why that's hard for some on here to understand. It's not about creating a storyline or drama, it's about wanting to perform even better against an old team. We see this all the time in sports. If a player is being honest he won't pretend it's "just another game."

Maybe that's why Zach Lofton had such an impressive career: roughly half the games he played were against former teams. :D

He didn't look too bad. Probably would never have been a great player by any means but probably would have contributed off the bench for the Gophers.

I thought he did ok for them and I wish him a good season

His transition layup attempt was not good but he was fine

He hit a couple of nice threes and he's pretty athletic. He could play ten minutes a game on our team.

Josh Martin looks like he hasn't been in a weight room since he started college. A kid like that should be much bigger after 5 years playing D1 sports.

He actually looked better than I expected. Nothing exceptional, but he was a solid player for them. Glad for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom