What are your thoughts on the Gophers uniforms vs Texas A&M?

What are your thoughts on the Gophers uniforms vs Texas A&M?

• Love them!

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • Hate them! Give me my maroon and gold.

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • As long as players and recruits like them, then I'm indifferent.

Votes: 29 38.7%

• Total voters

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Alright, black. That makes way more sense.

If they wear these at home, with the new floor, it will make me completely feel as though I'm watching the game on an old black and white television.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Not sure love em exactly sums up my feeling on them but I think they look pretty good. For a neutral site tournament like this it is fun to do something a little different. Not sure I would want to see them at a home game.

Gaardsie chimes in:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

We look like Iowa.

I like them though. Never wear them against Iowa

I prefer the purple Prince jerseys...

I was going to say I hate them, but decided to get a life instead.

I like them for a game or two a season.

Fair point. Would you think since it’s 3 games in 4 days they brought three jersey combos? That’s my guess.

White, maroon and whatever these were which I assume will be there alternates for the season.

I like black, I just wish we would incorporate the Maroon and Gold with them. I thought these were awesome when I was a kid and they only wore them a couple times under Clem: https://goo.gl/images/AHkTaf

I also think Florida State has done some cool stuff with black in both football and basketball and they have similar school colors to the Gophers. In general, I feel like the uniforms should be for the kids wearing them and the kids watching them and if they appeal to those two groups, then I am fine with them. There are a ton of fashion trends today that I think are ridiculous, but I also realize I am old now. I didn't want to dress like my parents, so why should I expect kids close to 20 years younger than me to want to dress like me? I don't want to criticize younger people for what they think is cool because I remember when adults didn't like what I wore.

Looked like Timberwolves jerseys.

I don't mind them, but, feature your teams colors when you are playing on ESPN.

I thought they were pretty awesome. Sure...black isn't a "school color". But black is pretty neutral. I've got plenty of Gophers gear that include black or grey.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Don't like 'em. We've got one of the sharpest color combinations in the country, I'd like us to stick with that.

Not a fan of straying from traditional colors, but will certainly defer to preferences of players and recruits.

JTG

Not sure love em exactly sums up my feeling on them but I think they look pretty good. For a neutral site tournament like this it is fun to do something a little different. Not sure I would want to see them at a home game.

Yeah, they are kinda handsome.

As long as they call it "Gophers After Dark," I'm all in.

I thought the black uniforms we wore against Iowa a few years ago were much better because of the gold lettering instead of white.

The black makes us look more like a black squirrel.

"The black squirrel occurs as a melanistic subgroup of both the eastern gray squirrel and the fox squirrel.[1] Their habitat extends throughout the Midwestern United States, in some areas of the Northeastern United States, eastern Canada, and also in the United Kingdom. The overall population of black squirrels is small when compared to that of the gray squirrel. The black fur color can occur naturally as a mutation in populations of gray squirrels, but it is rare. The rarity of the black squirrel has caused many people to admire them, and the black squirrels enjoy great affection in some places as mascots.#

This is in direct conflict with the Spotted Ground Squirrel, on whom Goldy is based, making the uniform a weak representation of not only the Golden hue of a real Gopher but an off-target version of what Goldy has been since the 60's!

I'm indifferent and don't want to waste time on this subject.

I was going to say I hate them, but decided to get a life instead.

Exactly. When I first turned the game on, I swear it took me a few possessions to figure out which team was the one I was cheering for.

By and of themselves they were fine but what is the purpose, what identity are you striving for, is it the "maroon and gold and black" or "gold
and black", oh wait the latter colors are pretty close to Iowa's color. It almost seems like you are trying disassociate yourself with your history and legacy, not sure it is a good selling point.

Where was the Oar? [emoji12]
They were ok, would have been better if the name and numbers were maroon edged in gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. When I first turned the game on, I swear it took me a few possessions to figure out which team was the one I was cheering for.
Yep, since the game began before the broadcast. Me: "Why are we wearing grey??"

Fair point. Would you think since it’s 3 games in 4 days they brought three jersey combos? That’s my guess.

White, maroon and whatever these were which I assume will be there alternates for the season.

That's exactly why they probably wore them last night. The complaining on social media is hilarious. That's fine if you don't like it but it was one game.

I like the idea of having alternate jerseys but IMO these were awful. For a 1 game deal it wasn't terrible but I would rather continue on without ever having to see them again

Meh. Could have been worse (could have looked like iowa [emoji1785]) but definitely could be better. I also had to take a minute to figure out which team I was cheering for too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should try red. That would really pop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom