Fire the coach?

What should be done with PJ Fleck

• Total voters

Some guy

Reaction score
Just want to take a little poll to see what people think

worst poll and thread ever.

Yes, but only if they have either Mike Leach or Mike Gundy lined up to take over.

If we win 5 or less games next year....this would be a very interesting discussion at that time. AND, If we beat Wisconsin next week the out look is completely different.

No, PJ deserves 4 years to prove he’s not over his head. He’s young and he’s learning.

Go post this on Ohio State's board.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There have been a lot more people claiming that other people want Fleck to be fired already than there have been people actually saying that he should be fired. It is a straw man they set up so that they can try to shame people who dare to criticize Fleck.

Has Fleck done a bad job through 23 games? Absolutely.
Are there legitimate reasons for concern? Definitely.
Has it been so bad that it isn't worth seeing if he can turn it around as he gets more of his guys in his system? Of course not.

The absurdity of this line of thinking is astounding. We are all dumber for having read and participated in this poll

Puh lease..... Anyone that thinks a coaching carousel is the answer can _____________. (you fill in the blank)

Are you going to be okay

Actually his point is valid. My father in law is a massive Ohio State fan and would love to see Meyer fired, has wanted him fired for the past few years. Their fan base has a ridiculous level of expectation and it takes very little to set them off. Team has one loss and I bet there is a big portion who want him gone because they don't win big enough. If they loose to Michigan there is a good chance we see a new coach there next season.

This poll is pointless as anyone that thinks the coach should be fired already is delusional. Love him or hate him you have to give Fleck time to try and get this right, starting over now would just set the program back again.

On top of that, the record is not what we would all like to see but there are signs that some good things are starting to happen, especially on offense and the defensive performance these past two weeks should give people some hope as well for the future on that side of the ball.

Last edited:

Congratulations. You just won the Stupid Question of the Year Award.

Honestly want to see if any of the sky is falling people actually vote to say he should befired

Well, if someone thinks PJ has underachieved, they must want him fired. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be blunt:

I am a fan of the Gopher program. I am not a fan of the Coach.

To be blunt: there are times when I am embarrassed that this guy is the coach of my favorite team. The slogans, catch phrases, sprinting after quarters, "failure is growth," et sic in infinitum. It makes me cringe. My co-workers make fun of me for being a Gopher fan, because they think Fleck is a clown.

BUT - I do NOT think he should be fired. Fleck says he has a plan. OK, show me some results. He's got 2 more years.

IF the Gophers do not show some legitimate improvement next year, Fleck will be on the hot seat. If, by the 2020 season, they are still struggling to become bowl-eligible, and are still wildly inconsistent, then I think the "Fire Fleck" poll will be legitimate and timely.

As of today, it's premature.

No. It means they're communists, who can't see the sheer genius of PJ Fleck, in each and every thing he does, every day. Period. Paragraph. Oh, and they can't see that game of football did not exist until PJ Fleck became our coach. Which therefore means they want him fired.

Fired? Of course not.

Check back a year from now. Things should look a lot better.

If the Gophers fire fleck before year 4 I will never be a Gopher fan again. If we just start firing coaches after a year and a half then we're basically a college Cleveland Browns, and we deserve to lose. Even though all fan bases have idiots like OP, seems this entire website is chalk full of them.

Fired? Of course not.

Check back a year from now. Things should look a lot better.

Next year is really the year when the rubber hits the road. Barring catastrophe, he shouldn't be fired after next year. But that's when it starts making any sense to have the discussion.

Just like being passionate about this program is being negative about it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom