Shooter: Actual attendance for Gophers/Purdue game was 14,950

Stop. Charging. $25. And. Up. For. A. Self. Admitted. Rebuild. Project.

Announced attendance was 31,068. No-shows exceeded shows!

What would it have been in the Dome?

Even less since the dome doesn’t exist.

The weather is just another excuse. Minnesotans are bad fans.

When the team is as bad as it has been, bad fans + bad team = very small crowds.

In good weather or in bad. Shiny new stadium, old dump of stadium.

It’s too bad because the Purdue game was the best game all year.

The kids have deserved better fan support since the 70s (at least).

Nobody likes a winner like a Minnesotan. If Fleck can turn it around, or the coach that finally does for that matter, there will have been 110,000 claiming to have been at these games, but still not going/leaving early for a host of states reasons, but first and foremost because Minnesotans are bad fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should change pricing.

Upper deck endzone $15. Season ticket $100
Upper deck 0-25 yrd line $28 Season ticket $150
Upper deck between 25s $40 Season ticket $240

Lower deck endzones $25 Season ticket $150
Lower 0-25 yrd line $40 Season ticket $240
25 to 25 $70 Season ticket $420

This would bring in a total of about $10,000,000 in ticket sales a year. Concessions sales would be much larger.

When the team is as bad as it has been, bad fans + bad team = very small crowds.

Nobody likes a winner like a Minnesotan. If Fleck can turn it around, or the coach that finally does for that matter, there will have been 110,000 claiming to have been at these games, but still not going/leaving early for a host of states reasons, but first and foremost because Minnesotans are bad fans.

Let me think about this.

A high definition TV screen in the warmth of my house.

Or $25 to see a 1 win big 10 team playing some of the worst defense on the history of this planet in cold weather.

I'll have to seriously think on that one.

Give me a few days and I'll get back to you.

Why is this the fan's fault? When Kill was winning games, fans showed up. People aren't interested in paying money to watch blowout losses to other lower tier big 10 teams.

This would bring in a total of about $10,000,000 in ticket sales a year. Concessions sales would be much larger.

I would be keeping my season tickets.

A loss in front of 42,000 people.

Don’t think so.
College football has changed since the dome days.
I don’t think weather is hurting as much as just general apathy about going to games. There is a reason almost every stadium has empty seats for all but the biggest games.

I would be down for 2-4 season tickets under this price structure.

Under the actual current pricing: 0. Ever. No matter how good the team gets. I love Gopher football, but I also love being able to pay all my bills, help three kids through college, and maybe be able to retire someday. Our household income is well above average, but spending close to a $1,000 on two season tickets is a ludicrous proposition.

The median household income in Minnesota is about $58,000. Pricing yourself out of the reach of average Minnesotans is a really ****ty look for a public university. Let the pro teams cater to the wealthy.

JTG

Why is this the fan's fault? When Kill was winning games, fans showed up. People aren't interested in paying money to watch blowout losses to other lower tier big 10 teams.

And thank you for proving the point.

A team that was 4-3, had just lost it's coach to health issues is playing an emotional game against Michigan with the ball on the 1 with under a minute to go and the game on the stream of "fans" out of the building to beat the traffic leaves maybe 20,000 fans to cheer the boys on. Very few stadiums on the college football landscape would experience that type of "Fan" "support".

Let me think about this.

A high definition TV screen in the warmth of my house.

Or $25 to see a 1 win big 10 team playing some of the worst defense on the history of this planet in cold weather.

I'll have to seriously think on that one.

Give me a few days and I'll get back to you.

Thanks again for demonstrating the point.

How much money did Coyle cost the University?

It cost millions to fire Claeys and his staff. Fleck is paid millions more
than Claeys. Attendance is down and ticket sales will be way down
next year.

How much money did Coyle cost the University?

It cost millions to fire Claeys and his staff. Fleck is paid millions more
than Claeys. Attendance is down and ticket sales will be way down
next year.

5 big ten games including Penn State, South Dakota State, Nebraska and Wisconsin. Tickets won’t be down next year.

Drop ticket prices and I will attend. So far the ticket office hasn't provided an incentive worth my purchase of tickets.

Thanks again for demonstrating the point.

What was your point?

Mine was not freezing and paying to watch crap football.

Yesterday's play by the gophers was crap football.

So what was your point again?

Here's what we know. People are making a decision not to attend Gopher football games.

I suspect there are a lot of different reasons why people are not attending games. It would interesting to see a survey of current and former season-ticket holders to get some actual data on the matter.

The big challenge facing the U of MN is finding out why people aren't going to games, and then trying to overcome those issues and objections.

If the price of tickets is the #1 reason for lower attendance, that suggests a possible strategy. If the quality of play by the team is the #1 reason, that gets stickier.

Drop ticket prices and I will attend. So far the ticket office hasn't provided an incentive worth my purchase of tickets.

Quit whining. If you were a real Gopher Football fan you would attend games. You can get cheap tickets. You’re a phoney.

Here's what we know. People are making a decision not to attend Gopher football games.

I suspect there are a lot of different reasons why people are not attending games. It would interesting to see a survey of current and former season-ticket holders to get some actual data on the matter.

The big challenge facing the U of MN is finding out why people aren't going to games, and then trying to overcome those issues and objections.

If the price of tickets is the #1 reason for lower attendance, that suggests a possible strategy. If the quality of play by the team is the #1 reason, that gets stickier.
Personally, I think the Gophers marketing team needs to go full St Paul Saints if they want people in the seats. Make it attractive to families to come to a game. There is a slew of Pop Warner type teams that could be recognized and brought in. Get butts in the seats and let the kids have some fun. Let those kids see what fun it is to watch our marching band perform before, during and after the game. Acknowledge the kids and their home towns. Make the U the heartbeat for all these kids to want to participate in when they are older.
This isn't rocket science. It's just a simple approach to showing communities that UMN cares about Minnesota. Parents love it when their kids are called out at games. They'll talk and start coming to games.
The Twins do a great job with bringing in the metro baseball teams from t-ball to U14. The potential for football is untapped.

Quit whining. If you were a real Gopher Football fan you would attend games. You can get cheap tickets. You’re a phoney.
I attended last year's Maryland game. It sucked. Over priced and a waste of my time and money.
Your method is resulting in under 15K attending. Time to boot your approach out the door with your slimey @$$. [emoji41]

10 point loss is a blowout? 7-1 NW is a lower tier Big Ten team? You’re trying way too hard. They’ve actually played pretty descent at home this year.

Maybe part of the attendance issue is Fleck. There was a group that expected his presence and “approach” alone to drive attendance up (the “Fleck bump”). If we grant a coach alone can do that (our AD says so), then certainly PJ’s approach could do the opposite here as well. Maybe it has.

Top Bottom