Shooter: former Gophers coach Jimmy Williams has worrisome health issues

per Shooter:

Prayers are welcome for Jimmy Williams, 73, the former Gophers men’s basketball assistant who is having a tough time dealing with Parkinson’s disease in Quincy, Fla.

Go Gophers!!

Shooter chimes in:

Wishing the best for former Gophers men’s basketball assistant Jimmy Williams, 75, still fighting Parkinson’s disease in Florida.

Go Gophers!!

Jimmy Williams was the coach for what was my biggest sports thrill. We sat row 2 right under the basket for the Iron 5 win against OSU. I got his, and the five starters' autographs after the game (along with Joe Senser, who happened to be hanging around after the game). I was at Game 7 in '87, but the Iron 5 win hit me harder.

Wishing the best for him and his family.

Jimmy Williams was the coach for what was my biggest sports thrill. We sat row 2 right under the basket for the Iron 5 win against OSU. I got his, and the five starters' autographs after the game (along with Joe Senser, who happened to be hanging around after the game). I was at Game 7 in '87, but the Iron 5 win hit me harder.

Wishing the best for him and his family.
I was walking by Williams Arena well after the Ohio State game started. I was going to ask one of the ticket takers what the score was, because I thought they would lose badly being so short handed. A season ticket holder was coming in late to the game, and he gave me his extra ticket. What a game, the crowd was so charged that night, and if I remember the Gophers won by almost ten points. Jimmy Williams and Flip did a great job during the remainder of the season, but with no depth it was a tough time. Prayers to Jimmy and his family; dementia is horrible!

I was walking by Williams Arena well after the Ohio State game started. I was going to ask one of the ticket takers what the score was, because I thought they would lose badly being so short handed. A season ticket holder was coming in late to the game, and he gave me his extra ticket. What a game, the crowd was so charged that night, and if I remember the Gophers won by almost ten points. Jimmy Williams and Flip did a great job during the remainder of the season, but with no depth it was a tough time. Prayers to Jimmy and his family; dementia is horrible!
I meant to say Parkinson's, not Dementia. They are equally horrible.

Top Bottom