Way to go, Fitzgerald

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Fitzgerald in his post game, saying indignantly how much of a joke it was that Northwestern was an underdog playing on the road in Minnesota. Just seemingly outraged and SOOOOO disrespected.

Screw you, Pat. Your team ain't that great, and went 0-3 in a weak NC schedule, lost to Akron, and beat Rutgers by a f'n FG just a few weeks ago. It was a coin flip game.

Get over it

Fitzgerald in his post game, saying indignantly how much of a joke it was that Northwestern was an underdog playing on the road in Minnesota. Just seemingly outraged and SOOOOO disrespected.

Screw you, Pat. Your team ain't that great, and went 0-3 in a weak NC schedule, lost to Akron, and beat Rutgers by a f'n FG just a few weeks ago. It was a coin flip game.

Let go, man. Northwestern's loss to Notre Dame a few weeks ago was a loss to the #3 ranked playoff team. NU actually played ND pretty well. They have won something like 13 out of their last 14 Big Ten games going back to last year.

Beat the stinking badger, GOPHER!

Last edited:

Just for argument - if the Gophers had clinched the division title, and they were playing a team that was 5-5 overall, and 2-5 in the B1G, and they were still an underdog, how would the Gopher hole regulars react? I think it would go something like this: NO RESPECT!!!!!!!!!

Very true, but to throw a mini hissy fit in a press conference about a Vegas spread that started out in his favor and moved a few ticks in the other direction is a little childish.

Some coaches put stock into predictions. I know of coach who said he didn't understand how fans could be frustrated after getting whipped in Lincoln because the media had predicted a 12th place finish.

Pat is refreshingly direct at times and I find him a lot more listenable than some other coaches. It was pretty crazy to think a Pat Fitzgerald team would lay up this week. He’s not built like that.

Get over it

I knew he’d play this card and you can bet he was playing it up to his team this week. F*cking Vegas did not need to give them more motivation. I knew it was not helpful to our cause when the spread started moving in our favor. The “nobody respects us” angle can be powerful.

Very true, but to throw a mini hissy fit in a press conference about a Vegas spread that started out in his favor and moved a few ticks in the other direction is a little childish.

He has a game to coach next week, right? Maybe he’s setting up the team to be ready for that game?

It’s what good coaches, who win divisions two weeks before the end of the season do. They don’t make excuses, the prepare their team and go out and win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew he’d play this card and you can bet he was playing it up to his team this week. F*cking Vegas did not need to give them more motivation. I knew it was not helpful to our cause when the spread started moving in our favor. The “nobody respects us” angle can be powerful.

He has a game to coach next week, right? Maybe he’s setting up the team to be ready for that game?

It’s what good coaches, who win divisions two weeks before the end of the season do. They don’t make excuses, the prepare their team and go out and win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points.

Fitz=Rodney Dangerfield. He gets no respect.

NU has won something like 13 of its last 14 BIG games.

Good points.

Really? They play Illinois. As Glen Mason said on WCCO this morning, while you have to give NW credit...the fact they are 7-1 is more an indictment of how bad the Big Ten West division is than how good NW is. We’ll see how they do in the Big Ten Championship game.

Really? They play Illinois. As Glen Mason said on WCCO this morning, while you have to give NW credit...the fact they are 7-1 is more an indictment of how bad the Big Ten West division is than how good NW is. We’ll see how they do in the Big Ten Championship game.

Michigan needed a late comeback to beat Northwestern by 3 earlier in the season so I definitely wouldn't count the Cats out in the championship game. That said, the West is full of solid teams but doesn't really have any great teams as evidenced by the fact that Northwestern is the highest ranked West team but is well behind 3 teams in the East.

Guess someone should have taught ‘ol coach the concept of betting line movement

Michigan needed a late comeback to beat Northwestern by 3 earlier in the season so I definitely wouldn't count the Cats out in the championship game. That said, the West is full of solid teams but doesn't really have any great teams as evidenced by the fact that Northwestern is the highest ranked West team but is well behind 3 teams in the East.

The fact they lost by 3 early in the season means nothing. And they might not be playing MIchigan. Ohio State goes with a victory over Michigan.

From a huge PJ Fleck fan!!! Fitz is a better coach then we have, at this moment it could change tho.

If we're being honest, did anyone here bet on the Gophers?
Like, Pat's not wrong to think that spread was stupid.

I don't know Fitzgerald's style, but I was thinking this too. My opinion is that this type of motivation is a bunch of crap.

Fitz is right it was insanity that the Gophers were favored. I bet Northwestern on the moneyline and cashed in. Sucks betting against the Gophers but this one was too obvious. It was a nice hedge.

Get over it

your name fits well. Keep living in denial.

Top Bottom