No reason to watch next Saturday

At least Claeys had us fighting in Madison. This will be a thorough dispatching.

Big mistake prone defense + frying pan hand receivers + mediocre quarterback play + most significantly: horrible playcalling and game management by coaching staff.

I’ll be at Camp Randall, so I will probably choose to watch what’s happening on the field.

Where are the internet heroes like Cali, Oregon and Houston Gophers going to be?

I’ll be there in person as always when the Gophers travel to Madison, and this is the worst Badger team they’ve had in a while. I think we have a chance to win, but a small one at that. Can’t wait to leave town Friday morning to watch a young Gopher team that has never quit playing hard this whole year.

OP, you suck as a fan.

What a stupid freaking post this is. Bowl eligibility is on the line. The Axe is on the line. Continued development of young guys is a good reason to watch. Possible last game for Cashman and the rest of the seniors is good reason to watch. And in case you hadn't noticed, this isn't a great Wisconsin team, Purdue took them to OT a week after being blown out by Minnesota.

I don’t care at all what you do Saturday. None of us do at all. But I feel so lucky that you managed to commit those extra precious minutes on a precious fall Saturday to go ahead and post this. I can see how precious your time is. As fans on this board we all love hearing you whine and tell us we are wasting our time watching the team we love.

Your post sucked.

^ Not bad, not bad at all....

Everyone was saying that we would lose big to Purdue. You never know, it's college football. Just need some help and some luck.

Between this and the “fire the coach” poll there are a few posters that just need to call it quits for the season and start charging the batteries for 2019.

I don't understand this thread at all.

We all post on this board year round and there are only 12 games. The reason to watch, well, it's a Gopher football game.

Other people have listed a host of other reasons why a normal person would watch, but frankly, if you can't think of a reason why you should watch the Gophers play the Badgers, I just don't think you're a college football fan.

We all post on this board year round and there are only 12 games. The reason to watch, well, it's a Gopher football game.

Other people have listed a host of other reasons why a normal person would watch, but frankly, if you can't think of a reason why you should watch the Gophers play the Badgers, I just don't think you're a college football fan.

This +

I’ll be there in person as always when the Gophers travel to Madison, and this is the worst Badger team they’ve had in a while. I think we have a chance to win, but a small one at that. Can’t wait to leave town Friday morning to watch a young Gopher team that has never quit playing hard this whole year.

OP, you suck as a fan.

What's the Gophers' APR looking like this year, Piper?

What a stupid freaking post this is. Bowl eligibility is on the line. The Axe is on the line. Continued development of young guys is a good reason to watch. Possible last game for Cashman and the rest of the seniors is good reason to watch. And in case you hadn't noticed, this isn't a great Wisconsin team, Purdue took them to OT a week after being blown out by Minnesota.

Agreed. Dumb post. History says we lose. Their OL line says we lose. However this is as good of a chance to beat WI since 2008. Granted the 2016 game we were ahead but we had far inferior talent.

With bowl eligibility and the Axe on the line playing a much less talented WI than we have faced on years, I'm def watching this game

I’m going to the game purely because I think we can win and want to be there for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what Schnauzer will think of this thread.

If you are a fan of the team there are always reasons to watch every game. The op is really gonna look stupid when we win on Saturday.

I have been watching and attending Gopher FB games with my Dad since the 60's and only wish he was still with us . I will definitely be tuning in and hoping for a W.

Weird post by the OP.

"Ah no... after 11 games I've seen enough. I have no urge to watch our rivalry game."

. . . playing a much less talented WI than we have faced on years, I'm def watching this game

Interesting comment. Are the Badgers "much less talented" this season, or just significantly under performing their potential, after so many years of likely over-performing??

I'll be watching any game with the axe on the line. As others have noted, anything can happen in college football.

Last edited:

I'll be watching, but I can understand those that won't. The prevailing message that's been conveyed is
that 2020, maybe, will be a season they really get serious about. The casual fan will see that as permission
to do something else.

I'll definitely tune in for the second half if the Gophers are competitive against Wisconsin. This isn't an 'all-or-nothing' decision.

You should stay away from sharp objects dude! I feel for your family...you're one negative dose.
As someone who’s followed this program extremely close since Kill was hired (and less close the previous 28 years to that), there’s absolutely no reason to waste 3 precious hours of a fall Saturday to watch this game. There’s 0 doubt Wisconsin will win and all it will do is disappoint you.

I believe in Fleck. I believe he’s the best coach with the best opportunity in my lifetime, but it may take until 2020 until he has a breakthrough season.

They needed to win today for a bowl game and I’m not going to spoil a precious Saturday watching them lose to our most hated rival in my opinion.

Reel in some great recruits these last 6 or so weeks Coach Fleck, this season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be watching, but I can understand those that won't. The prevailing message that's been conveyed is
that 2020, maybe, will be a season they really get serious about. The casual fan will see that as permission
to do something else.

Recent comments from Fleck put it out to 2022.

Hope the Gophers win. I will be at my uncle's funeral, and a win would take the edge off that.

Can the Gophers win a big road game? They played Wisconsin close at Madison a couple of times under Kill, but have a poor road record the past two seasons. Can they bring their Purdue and Fresno State game to Madison? If so, they will be in the game. Well worth watching.

I'll be watching with my eyes partially covered, like a kid at a scary movie.

1) I’ll be watching because I love rivalry games.

2) I hate badgers, especially when one chased me as a child after I took a shot with a homemade bow and arrow and pissed it off.

3) we can earn a bowl berth

4) we win back the Axe

5) I get to read funny comments in the in game thread

2) I hate badgers, especially when one chased me as a child after I took a shot with a homemade bow and arrow and pissed it off.

Wisconsin fan or the actual animal? Neither would shock me.

Top Bottom