Berkley Edwards hurt seriously

fmlizard

Reaction score
Former Gopher Berkley Edwards, who apparently still is an active player at Michigan now, was unfortunately hurt pretty badly today during the Michigan / Indiana game. Carried off on a stretcher, immobilized after being hurt on a kickoff. Very scary stuff. It did seem he was moving his legs.

Hoping for his complete recovery.

Report was he had feeling in the extremities. This is a good sign.

Also good to see him being "embraced" by the Michigan community. Wasn't his fault he wasn't recruited but he's found a home as a grad transfer so good for him.

I always hate to see a player carried off on a stretcher. Hope for a full recovery for him. I did not know he was on their roster.

Report is he'll be physically fine, but he has a significant concussion.
That hit he took was quite devestating. He had no clue and the guys helmet hit him right under the chin strap. Watching Berkley's head snap back and then bounce off the turf was not a sight for the faint of heart. It reminds you how violent this game can be and why so many rules are being added to kick returns.

Just saw the replay. Clearly a cheap shot by the Indiana player. I was thinking he was the ball carrier. He wasn't. While he was in the area, the guy clearly went out of his way to "target" him. Looking at concussion. Doubt he'll play next week. But I'm not the concussion expert on this board.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom