[POST GAME THREAD] - Northwestern defeats Minnesota 24-14

I think the year is over, 5-7. Long off season. Hope Fleck and company pick up a couple big time recruits before signing day. Hopefully next year we’ll make a Bowl game. It will be a heavy, heavy dose of Jonathan Taylor and that Wisconsin offensive line next week and unfortunately we do not have the defensive line to compete.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they lose to Wisky they will be what you say. And i’d consider this a very disappointing season. If hey beat Wisky, i’ll consider the season successful.

I wasn't trolling, assh0le. He asked for stats, and I provided them. Stop being a prick.

No pie you're the prick. It is quite obvious that you're a troll on this board. Go home and take your Saturday night bath.

If they lose to Wisky they will be what you say. And i’d consider this a very disappointing season. If hey beat Wisky, i’ll consider the season successful.

If we were playing at home, there might be a glimmer of hope, but it's in Wisconsin, the refs will favor them too, and their lines are going to push ours around. On top of that our QB situation is a mess and that's not even going into some of the coaching blunders/miscues we have had. Honestly, if you though last year was bad, this will probably be worse.

Hard work trolling. Make sure you drink some water, bud.

Trolling? You do realize that including 2016 would have (substantially) strengthened his argument, right?

You have really been a treat today. God forbid someone doesn’t share your endless optimism. You have lost your mind.

Motherhood and Apple Pie.

Cashman finishes with 20 tackles ! He was a beast today and I hope he gets a chance in the NFL. Our D will have to have to play superior run D to stay in the game with the drunk skunks. A victory there makes this a positive season to me.

Trolling? You do realize that including 2016 would have (substantially) strengthened his argument, right?

You have really been a treat today. God forbid someone doesn’t share your endless optimism. You have lost your mind.

Motherhood and Apple Pie.

1. Your line is really weak. "Motherhood"? What does that mean? Pretty sure we all have mothers. Try again.

2. Scroll your buddy's post history - easy facts. When we win a game 41-10 and every post has a negative touch or a veiled insult, you know you've found a troll.

3. As for you, you were better when you were referring to players with your cutesy lil' Initial-Jersey # combo. At least you had a schtick. Now, you've just turned into a busted loser who would legitimately rather see his "team" fail so you can say "I told you Fleck sucks" and further your childish agenda as opposed to acknowledging anything positive.

You've lost the plot. Badly. Fleck isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Are you going to continue to be a waste of space for the next 2-3 years on this board hoping that we fail and he gets canned? Really? You, my friend, are definitely a great fan and supporter of the University and the Gophers. I just would hope you would have higher goals in your life than such a miserable existence that you are living right now as a "fan" of this team. SAD.

Last edited:

1. Your line is really weak. "Motherhood"? What does that mean? Pretty sure we all have mothers. Try again.

2. Scroll your buddy's post history - easy facts. When we win a game 41-10 and every post has a negative touch or a veiled insult, you know you've found a troll.

3. As for you, you were better when you were referring to players with your cutesy lil' Initial-Jersey # combo. At least you had a schtick. Now, you've just turned into a busted loser who would legitimately rather see his "team" fail so you can say "I told you Fleck sucks" and further your childish agenda as opposed to acknowledging anything positive.

You've lost the plot. Badly. Fleck isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Are you going to continue to be a waste of space for the next 2-3 years on this board hoping that we fail and he gets canned? Really? You, my friend, are definitely a great fan and supporter of the University and the Gophers. I just would hope you would have higher goals in your life than such a miserable existence that you are living right now as a "fan" of this team. SAD.

1. I’m sorry compound words confuse you. Try Google.
2. You might want to look up what a troll is. Try Google.
3&4. Absolutely love the “fan” term. You know what a fan is - optimistic and supportive of everything, right? You matter. You make a difference. We need more fans like you. That is what we are missing. You are tops.

I was at the game and had a good time.
Sunny side felt warm in the upper deck.

Observations.

1. Northwestern players looked warm. Bateman dropping passes and our other players looked cold. The #1 easiest thing they can do to compete at a higher level is to choose the correct sideline game by game starting next year. Playes play better when their hands are warm.

2. Cashman was all over. He will be missed.

3. We got burnt on a couple blitzes.

4. Northwestern got us to out-mistake them which is how they win all of their games.

5. Offense was inconsistent. Young players are more inconsistent than older proven players who win jobs over inconsistent players.

6. Defense was solid with a couple costly plays. Not perfect but almost good enough.

7. DD82 looks better each week.

At end of half it felt like we should have been down 21-7.
Third quarter went by in a flash.
Gophers kept fighting which was good.

Good luck next week.

The sideline thing should not be that hard to figure out! It’s your stadium, switch to the warmer sideline later in the year!!!! If the few fans don’t like it, f ‘em!!!!!

Last edited:

I scrolled your post history and on the B.B. board on 11/13 alone I saw you call 4 different posters (one twice) a troll. Did you get one of those “use a new word a day” calendars?

I scrolled your post history and on the B.B. board on 11/13 alone I saw you call 4 different posters (one twice) a troll. Did you get one of those “use a word a day” calendars?

If you're a regular follower of the board, it's pretty easy to notice the people who only post negative - even when we win. The funny thing about your research is that if you check those threads, I'm not the only one pointing out said people as trolls.

Ultimately, being a troll is your best-case scenario. At least there would be a reason behind your sadness. If you aren't a troll and this really is just you as a person, my God, I feel sorry for those who come in contact with you IRL. Try Prozac or Zoloft. Or yoga. Or maybe a massage. Or maybe a Tony Robbins seminar.

I promise there is more than being miserable on a message board and trying to bring everyone else down along with you. Start fresh tomorrow, it's not too late for you.

If you're a regular follower of the board, it's pretty easy to notice the people who only post negative - even when we win.

I’m not going to continue this with you as I think you have been sufficiently exposed, but I would again suggest you Google what a troll is. You seem to think being negative makes someone one. Maybe you just need a calendar with better definitions.

Any word as to why Terrell Smith didn’t play today?

What about the lineman that didn't play and went out after warmups?

The true believers will call this another moral victory. The truth is that in 2 years, Fleck will have only 3 Big 10 wins, none of them against rivals, and zero bowl appearances.

To think how far we've fallen since Fleck's hiring: People were furious when Claeys lost to Michigan by a yard in 2016. Now, excuses are made for blowout losses to Illinois, Nebraska, and Maryland.

Vegas had us favored.....so no moral victory, not today, not ever!

Good God, people. We're really going with the narrative that the Gophers looked cold? That's embarrassing, especially since Northwestern came out for pregame warm-ups without shirts on in 20-degree weather. It had nothing to do with being cold, they didn't execute against a team that doesn't make mistakes to beat itself. Period. End of story.

Bateman's drops had nothing to do with cold weather and nothing to do with being a freshman. He was trying to run with the ball and make a big play before actually securing the ball. Catch it first, then make a play. It's not a freshman mistake, it's just a mistake.

Bottom line, the offensive line has to be better in pass protection. Morgan didn't have a lot of time today to look for receivers.

Wisconsin is very beatable. Let's hope we play our best game of the season and get to a bowl.

Read the rest of this thread. Fleck's fans are finding plenty of moral victories.

Did anyone actually say they're happy with losing today? We lost the game - nobody is satisfied with that. Were there some things that the team did well in today's game, that they can try to build on for next week? Yes, there were.

You yourself commented on the Blake Cashman thread praising the way he played today, which is the same sort of thing that the 'Fleck fans' that you've been ridiculing all night long have been doing.

Minuses

They kicked our butts defensively. Everything flowed and fell apart from sub par blocking up front.
Not putting Seth in on short yardage is idiotic. Period. Full stop. Terrible play calling by Kirk today.
The continued abuse of timeouts.
Morgan had the bad interception and held the ball too long a few times. Still, just a redshirt freshman. See below.

Plus
Considering the assault he was under all day I thought Morgan played ok. He can extend plays and make most of the throws.
Tyler Johnson
Cashman - what else is there to say? Defensive MVP 2018.
Ibrahim runs hard. He’s not the most physically or athletically gifted guy but he plays with an edge.

Ugly day for the team and staff. The Cats are one of those gritty teams on defense and tend to play better as the year rolls on which is why I think he’s one of the best coaches in the country. Came to play and have to hand it to Fitz for getting his guys up and ready. For the Gophers, time to forget it and reload for a totally different opponent. Still have a chance to salvage the season.

Vs Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin:
Claeys 0-5 (margins of 3, 5, 10, 7, 14)
Fleck 0-4 (margins of 7, 23, 31, 17)

Big Ten games:
Claeys 6-8
Fleck 4-13

Bowls:
Claeys 2-0
Fleck N/A

Overall:
Claeys 11-8
Fleck 10-13

Vs Ranked:
Claeys 0-5
Fleck 0-3

Wins by 20+ & Losses by 20+:
Claeys 3 & 0 (2 & 0, B1G)
Fleck 6 & 6 (2 & 6, B1G)

Truth or trolling?

Claeys record a little difficult to figure out as he had a couple of other games in which Coach Kill was absent or in the press box. His overall record may actually be better than 11-8.

Top Bottom