The most head scratching play call ever?

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
Anyone have anything worse than the 3rd and 2 handoff out of the shot gun that was stuffed without Seth in the game.

I mean.....

WHat in the living hell. Wildcat twice in a row there.

I just.... don’t ..... understand .......

Anyone have anything worse than the 3rd and 2 handoff out of the shot gun that was stuffed without Seth in the game.

I mean.....

I agree it was a bad call and very predictable that Morgan wasn’t going to keep the ball. It should have been a pass or wildcat all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal and the coaching is a big difference in this game so far.

This is why people gripe about Fleck. His coaching staff drops the ball more than TJ. We should be up 17-7 right now.

Another bad 3rd down call. The coaching staff stinks today.

Most frustrating play calling since the Mason days.
I mean... how dumb are these guys. What would they be doing if not “coaching” football?

I mean.....

I've listen to a lot of pressers....

We're not interested in winning now, we're interested in winning later
2020? 2021? Never?

Mason would have had Travis Cole launch a deep downfield pass in that position.
I’m not sure what is worse.
This game has me questioning the competence of the coaches in a way I haven’t don’t in a long while.

We'll probably hear the same old... we're the youngest team, we're young. We're playing kids who shouldn't be playing. We have key injuries.

Truth is, Defense played great today... but it was bound to break. Offense dropped the ball... both coaches and players.

You're down by 6... you need a jump start... it's 3rd and very short... you line up in shotgun? Who are you guys trying to trick with that play? Then 4th down, you don't go for it? Again, you need a jump start to your offense... missed field goal.

How demoralizing is that to the players?

We'll probably hear the same old... we're the youngest team, we're young. We're playing kids who shouldn't be playing. We have key injuries.

Truth is, Defense played great today... but it was bound to break. Offense dropped the ball... both coaches and players.

You're down by 6... you need a jump start... it's 3rd and very short... you line up in shotgun? Who are you guys trying to trick with that play? Then 4th down, you don't go for it? Again, you need a jump start to your offense... missed field goal.

Also the play call on 3rd down was basically the same one that got stuffed the previous play. Is Green hurt? Why isn't he in running these plays? Why do we even have these option runs if Morgan is only going to keep like every 3 games?

Also the play call on 3rd down was basically the same one that got stuffed the previous play. Is Green hurt? Why isn't he in running these plays? Why do we even have these option runs if Morgan is only going to keep like every 3 games?

Because they aren't read options, they're run pass options. In other words, the option is to give to the RB or pass, not give to the RB or keep and have the QB run.

Also, one of my biggest complaints of Fleck is his arbitrary use of time outs... Because of their slow decision making, they usually have to call timeouts to decide, and that back fired at the end of the half... we might have been able to score if we had time outs. Fleck and Mike Zimmer need a few classes on time management.

The third down call was odd/bad. I don't have a problem with the field goal in that situation. It was a very make-able kick by a very good kicker that would have cut the lead to 3 points.

Game was there for the taking, just made too many mistakes against a really good team.

Also, one of my biggest complaints of Fleck is his arbitrary use of time outs... Because of their slow decision making, they usually have to call timeouts to decide, and that back fired at the end of the half... we might have been able to score if we had time outs. Fleck and Mike Zimmer need a few classes on time management.
Lack of timeouts hurt the team today at end of first half. Team played hard today just to many turnovers, mistakes to overcome. The strip sack was a killer. Morgan needs to take off on some of those escape pressure plays.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Because they aren't read options, they're run pass options. In other words, the option is to give to the RB or pass, not give to the RB or keep and have the QB run.

Thank you. Don't know why that is so hard for people to understand.

Jeff Brohm just said “hold my beer”

Ran a toss play to the short side on 3rd and goal from the 1...TO HIS FULLBACK

That play call didn't bother me that much. I was much more disturbed by burning the first half timeouts so we didn't have them for the two minute drill, not inside kicking after our TD in the second half, and letting the play call run as long as it did with the clock running when we were playing catchup. It was as though Fleck was operating without knowing the score or time left.

That play call didn't bother me that much. I was much more disturbed by burning the first half timeouts so we didn't have them for the two minute drill, not inside kicking after our TD in the second half, and letting the play call run as long as it did with the clock running when we were playing catchup. It was as though Fleck was operating without knowing the score or time left.

We've done the "burn the first half timeouts" thing all year. This is the first time it bit us.
This doesn't upset me horribly, but it would have been nice to have a timeout.
Other coaches would have run a running play or two to see if one would break and call it end of half, so while we criticize the coach for one thing we can be glad he didn't just go to half without trying.

Powerful image. Zimmer and Fleck being lectured by a genuine football expert. Take your pick. You have about a dozen to choose from right on this thread.

Worst play call in the game was NW throwing a 25 yard route on the sidelines on 4th and 9 from our 30(ish). That led to their turnover on downs - I’d say you need something at the sticks.

The game was decided on turnovers and what live in stadium looked to be a crappy call against Martin that led to their first TD, and Emmitt missing a FG.

The game was decided on turnovers and what live in stadium looked to be a crappy call against Martin that led to their first TD, and Emmitt missing a FG.

Assume you are referring to the PI. On TV you can clearly see Martin holding the receivers jersey. It was a good call.

3rd and 2 handing it to our back averaging 5 per carry seems reasonable to me.

3rd and 2 handing it to our back averaging 5 per carry seems reasonable to me.

Yes, because prior to today’s game this Oline with Greene was able to move the dline. I have to give some credit to Nw’s defense.

How dare he keep is starting QB and best RB on the field for a crucial short yardage call.

jNW was able to take away Green and the wildcat (3 carries for 7 yards), while Ibrahim ended up with 98 yards and a 4.9 ypc average. I thought the call was fine, but we seemed to have some good momentum on that drive and I was hoping we would have gone for it on 3rd down even before Carpenter missed.

Top Bottom