***OFFICIAL NORTHWESTERN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

We made our two biggest plays after timeouts. A TD and the 4th down sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. It sucks that we didn't have any timeouts left at the end, but the ones we took were useful.

We would’ve only kicked a field goal if we were inside the 20. It’s cold and we already passed up a normally makeable FG to go for it on 4th down. We’d still have a 4th down to convert to get there. Don’t see how this drive would’ve changed the outcome of this drive.

We could have had another play or two with a timeout available, and Carpenter has an amazing leg, cold or not. They were in prevent D, we could have been 10-20 yards closer.

NW has 2 very good lines. Tough for our D line without Smith and Silver. Minny gonna need some breaks in the 2nd half and offense is going to need 2 TD’s. Tall task. Go Gophers!!! RTB!

Ugly half from the offense but only down 6 at this point and they have moved the ball on Northwestern. If we play well in the second half this game is very winnable, keep messing up on offense and special teams and Northwestern will pull away some because it is what they do.

And the third timeout that we should have had for the last drive, how did that one work out?

There are other weeks I thought they wasted TOs in the 1st half. Today I thought all 3 were necessary.

I like the white M on the helmets! It’s cool! [emoji41]

Reminder, NW 13-1 in their last 14 Big Ten games.

They matter always. But sometimes it is more important to use them than take a penalty or run a bad play

Maybe I wasn’t exactly clear. There is zero reason to save 1st timeouts to stop the clock at the end of the half.

Our 3 timeouts saved us from a delay of game (and I think on our scoring drive, definitely in NW territory), got a 4th down sack and stop, and we got out of the wildcat and in to a play that scored a TD.

Tell me which TO you would take back?

Northwestern is well-coached and very sound. They wait for you to make mistakes. We have obliged.

Hard for me to see a path to victory if that doesn’t change.

I’m not a feminine product expert, but doesn’t the paddle look more like a pad than a tampon?

Maybe I wasn’t exactly clear. There is zero reason to save 1st timeouts to stop the clock at the end of the half.

Our 3 timeouts saved us from a delay of game (and I think on our scoring drive, definitely in NW territory), got a 4th down sack and stop, and we got out of the wildcat and in to a play that scored a TD.

Tell me which TO you would take back?

None. I was ageeeing with you

Who’s the steroid looking bro on the NW sidelines?

I’m not a feminine product expert, but doesn’t the paddle look more like a pad than a tampon?

I would not say expert, but yes a pad..

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If Durr turns his head, that’s an easy pick. I’m glad he didn’t though because I’ll take the field position instead.

4670a92f7ae007dc7d7830e3a59cd099.jpg

I hope Fitzgerald going for it on 4th all the time bites him in the ass.

He's done the stats and will continue but hope you are correct today.

Boy, Morgan is sure lacking any zip on his passes today. Just a matter of time before those get picked, and NW is looking to shut down the slants. Time to burn them deep on a double move.

Seriously? That is weak coaching.... and u miss, see that Fleck?

Top Bottom