Many tickets remain available for US Bank game

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
I was checking on availability as we may add a few more to our group for the game at US Bank Stadium and I was surprised at how many thousands of seats seem open. The seats at mid-court in the permanent sections seem to be selling as do the lower levels of the temporary sections, but outside of that, tickets are wide open. I realize that the Gophers aren't running this event, but both the U and US Bank Stadium would have been best served by finding a way to include this game in the season ticket package. Assuming there are 7,000 season ticket holders, I bet at least half (if not more) will not find their way to attending that game. I can't imagine the atmosphere is going to feel like a big time college game. I hope I'm wrong.

I was checking on availability as we may add a few more to our group for the game at US Bank Stadium and I was surprised at how many thousands of seats seem open. The seats at mid-court in the permanent sections seem to be selling as do the lower levels of the temporary sections, but outside of that, tickets are wide open. I realize that the Gophers aren't running this event, but both the U and US Bank Stadium would have been best served by finding a way to include this game in the season ticket package. Assuming there are 7,000 season ticket holders, I bet at least half (if not more) will not find their way to attending that game. I can't imagine the atmosphere is going to feel like a big time college game. I hope I'm wrong.

If fans show up you can make it whatever atmosphere you want.

Big mistake not including it in the package. According to low level ticket office employees, the U had no control over it. Someone thought they would make money having all of us buy through Ticketmaster, or the U thought they would lose money on the skim if they included it. Bottom line is they could have had another 7,000 sold tickets or so if they did. I tried to get my crew to bite on them and I was the only one who had even remote interest. The game is pretty late for an old man, and the undercard is brutal, so I wont be going. If they want to do this again, they ought to make it a regional event, and get both Iowa teams up here to play a smaller place, and maybe Marquette to play someone along with a decent game for us. The whole operation seems shoddy.

The main reason for the games is because the NCAA requires there be at least 1 game played in the venue as a dry run anytime there are Tournament games. This is to test sight lines, scoreboard, locker room, TV angles, press etc. They don't want the Final 4 to be the first games ever there.

As such any profit of the game seems quit secondary. Maybe they don't even want a big crowd. If I was a season ticket holder, I would be thankful they did not automatically tack on the game. They gave everyone a pre-sale code anyway, so those that want to attend had ample opportunity to buy tix for whatever best suited their price point.

As a bonus, it counts as a neutral game as far as the RPI and Quad system is concerned for the Gophers.

Absolutely hate basketball in football stadiums. It would be tough for me to go to one again.

This is a one time deal to see how it goes before the Final 4. I'm good with it and excited to go to it. Just like I am for the Final 4.

The main reason for the games is because the NCAA requires there be at least 1 game played in the venue as a dry run anytime there are Tournament games. This is to test sight lines, scoreboard, locker room, TV angles, press etc. They don't want the Final 4 to be the first games ever there.

As such any profit of the game seems quit secondary. Maybe they don't even want a big crowd. If I was a season ticket holder, I would be thankful they did not automatically tack on the game. They gave everyone a pre-sale code anyway, so those that want to attend had ample opportunity to buy tix for whatever best suited their price point.

As a bonus, it counts as a neutral game as far as the RPI and Quad system is concerned for the Gophers.

Except, from the layouts I saw...the Gopher game court is set up completely different than the Final Four configuration....one end versus the middle.

Except, from the layouts I saw...the Gopher game court is set up completely different than the Final Four configuration....one end versus the middle.

Probably makes sense with the smaller crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely hate basketball in football stadiums. It would be tough for me to go to one again.
Since we are unlikely to attend a football game there, we wanted to see what the stadium is like. Cheaper and more to my interest than attending a Vikings game. But I'm not thrilled about it for many of the reasons already mentioned.

Years ago we went to a game at the dome. I think it was against Cal. The glare on the court from the lights was really bad. Not a good atmosphere. Maybe US Bank will be better.

Pay $50 for bad seats, why wouldn't everyone want to attend. Throw in ticket bastard fees and you really have a small crowd.

Pay $50 for bad seats, why wouldn't everyone want to attend. Throw in ticket bastard fees and you really have a small crowd.

Plus a 9:00 start time. Weekends are great, we can all stay out late but why is the game between two Division 1, major conference programs not the primetime game? Whichever local St. school and some directional Wisconsin school get the better time slot?

Plus a 9:00 start time. Weekends are great, we can all stay out late but why is the game between two Division 1, major conference programs not the primetime game? Whichever local St. school and some directional Wisconsin school get the better time slot?

Could be because the BTN wanted it that way as the finale of a tripleheader.

The timing really sucks too. The Gophers open up Big Ten play at Ohio St. about 43 hours after this game will end.

My dilemma:

(1) I am a St. John's University graduate - absolutely do not want to support St. Thomas.
(2) Would like to partake in the revolt against the U of M not including this in season ticket holders' package.

All of this while wanting to be there to support this team...

My dilemma:

(1) I am a St. John's University graduate - absolutely do not want to support St. Thomas.
(2) Would like to partake in the revolt against the U of M not including this in season ticket holders' package.

Has there ever been a team in D1 football or basketball that included a neutral site game in their season ticket holder package? Certainly haven't heard of any.

I don't know why people would think this game should be included in their season tickets. I view it the same as the Vancouver games. They are neutral site games and of course aren't included in season tickets. The Oklahoma State game is also neutral site game that just so happens to be in Minneapolis and thus is not included in the season ticket package.

Years ago we went to a game at the dome. I think it was against Cal. The glare on the court from the lights was really bad. Not a good atmosphere. Maybe US Bank will be better.
Bobby Jackson’s debut.

My dilemma:

As for point #1, what is stopping you from going to the game and lending vocal support to UW-River Falls?

Point #2, buy ticket(s) from Stubhub or Ticket King as the Vikings will already have the revenue from the sold ticket(s).

Dilemma's solved.

Has there ever been a team in D1 football or basketball that included a neutral site game in their season ticket holder package? Certainly haven't heard of any.

I don't know why people would think this game should be included in their season tickets. I view it the same as the Vancouver games. They are neutral site games and of course aren't included in season tickets. The Oklahoma State game is also neutral site game that just so happens to be in Minneapolis and thus is not included in the season ticket package.

How is this a neutral site game other than it's not at our arena? I would say a game 1.5 miles east makes it no less of a home game for the Gophers than if it were at the Barn. Gophers are providing a service to, not just the Vikings or whoever takes our money but also the NCAA to allow them to test run the facilities. The only people hurting here are the season ticket holders who have already paid for less "home" games for two years in a row now and will probably be 80% of the Minnesota fans who buy tickets to this. Give me a ticket with my family's 10+ years of loyalty and sell me beer at the Stadium and you'll make enough money off me.

Just give me one benefit of having season tickets that normal fans don't have.

How is this a neutral site game other than it's not at our arena? I would say a game 1.5 miles east makes it no less of a home game for the Gophers than if it were at the Barn. Gophers are providing a service to, not just the Vikings or whoever takes our money but also the NCAA to allow them to test run the facilities. The only people hurting here are the season ticket holders who have already paid for less "home" games for two years in a row now and will probably be 80% of the Minnesota fans who buy tickets to this. Give me a ticket with my family's 10+ years of loyalty and sell me beer at the Stadium and you'll make enough money off me.

Just give me one benefit of having season tickets that normal fans don't have.

Its a neutral site game because it isn't being played at the Gophers home court or Oklahoma States home court. Being in close proximity does not change this fact. They could have given us a discount on our tickets or free tickets to this, but then people would complain about their seat location, and you know I'm right

I bought tickets for this. It'll be fun. If you don't want to go...don't!

Its a neutral site game because it isn't being played at the Gophers home court or Oklahoma States home court. Being in close proximity does not change this fact. They could have given us a discount on our tickets or free tickets to this, but then people would complain about their seat location, and you know I'm right

I bought tickets for this. It'll be fun. If you don't want to go...don't!

There is another factor as far as the NCAA is concerned, the game is specifically not being offered as part of the Gophers season ticket package.

For example, every year UNLV is forced to play a game or 2 away from Thomas & Mack for the National Rodeo Championship. When they play at MGM or T-Mobile it is still classified as a Home game, as it's part of the season ticket package.

Gophers offering BOGO for this as part of their black friday/cyber monday sale. Not sure where tickets are located.

Gophers offering BOGO for this as part of their black friday/cyber monday sale. Not sure where tickets are located.

Trying to do this thru Gophersports, then sends you Ticketmaster and BOGO code does not work. What a cluster#uck our ticket office is. Oh well, you just lost a sale of 8 tickets.

Trying to do this thru Gophersports, then sends you Ticketmaster and BOGO code does not work. What a cluster#uck our ticket office is. Oh well, you just lost a sale of 8 tickets.

I didn't lose a sale of 8 tickets, the Gophers did.

And yeah, anytime you're the middle man **** gets bad

If you want to support the gophers against a quality opponent go to the game. Forget about how it's not on season ticket package or this or that. GO SUPPORT THE GOPHERS! Should be fun and a good game!

Top Bottom