Doogie: Vikings and Chiefs will scout tomorrow's Gopher game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Vikings have had some luck with undrafted Gopher players. Cashman would make a great special teams player.

Vikings have had some luck with undrafted Gopher players. Cashman would make a great special teams player.

I think Cashman might make more of an impact on the NFL than just on special teams, although probably not right away. Not surprised that the pros have their eyes on him.

Why do pro teams still send scouts to live games? Is this common? I would think that they would get more and better information from watching film of the game during/after it (ideally an All-22) than from sitting down in the seats like everyone else.

Coaches always say they reserve judgment until they watch the film. Why do scouts make it in person, real-time?

Why do pro teams still send scouts to live games? Is this common? I would think that they would get more and better information from watching film of the game during/after it (ideally an All-22) than from sitting down in the seats like everyone else.

Coaches always say they reserve judgment until they watch the film. Why do scouts make it in person, real-time?

Perhaps you learn more about the guy watching in person. You see how he interacts with his teammates if at all in between plays, sitting on the bench etc. Does he yell at people, his coaches etc. Learn about the intangibles.

The EYE test never lies

Top Bottom