Nor

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Northwestern sells all 10,000 allotment for B1G Championship Game in four days

Per their athletic department. Makes me wonder what would happen if we ever make this game, but it appears that Northwestern fans had no trouble selling out.

EVANSTON, IL - Northwestern’s 2018 Big Ten Football Championship Game ticket allotment of more than 10,000 seats is sold out, after being made available to Wildcats students and season ticket holders. The ‘Cats will take on the East Division champion December 1 at Indianapolis’ Lucas Oil Stadium.

“From the moment Saturday’s game ended, the enthusiasm across our University community has been overwhelming,” said Combe Family Vice President for Athletics & Recreation Jim Phillips. “One of the true purposes of athletics on a college campus is the opportunity it affords students, alumni, staff and fans to come together. We’re looking forward to seeing Wildcats from all over the world on December 1 in Indianapolis.”

Wednesday, it was revealed that more than 3,400 Northwestern students would be attending the game. Phillips, in conjunction with an anonymous benefactor, announced the Department of Athletics & Recreation would provide tickets and travel to Indianapolis for any undergraduate student who wanted to support the Wildcats at Lucas Oil Stadium. All told, nearly 45-percent of the Northwestern undergraduate community is set to travel 200 miles south to the Indiana state capital for the Conference title game.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tough to compare. It is an awfully carefree commute from Chicago....

That being said, when it happens next year, we will buy them all.

Last edited:

Gee - fans offered free tickets and travel, and they say "yes." I'm shocked. Again - some fat cat is paying for tickets and travel for any NW student who wants to go. You would have to hate football, or hate travel, or hate having fun to say "no."

If the same deal was offered to Gopher students, you bet they would jump at it. The question is whether any Gopher booster would make that offer. Who is that rich, and that big of a Gopher fan, to bankroll tickets and travel for that many students?

Gee - fans offered free tickets and travel, and they say "yes." I'm shocked. Again - some fat cat is paying for tickets and travel for any NW student who wants to go. You would have to hate football, or hate travel, or hate having fun to say "no."

If the same deal was offered to Gopher students, you bet they would jump at it. The question is whether any Gopher booster would make that offer. Who is that rich, and that big of a Gopher fan, to bankroll tickets and travel for that many students?

To be fair, 6,600 of the 10,000 were not student tickets, and thus, not free. Also, I have been to games in Evanston where I'm not sure they sold 10,000 tickets for a home game, so I'm going to give them some credit on this, regardless.

Last edited:

When the Gophers finally make it to the conference championship game I have zero doubt in my mind that we will sell out our allotment.

When the Gophers finally make it to the conference championship game I have zero doubt in my mind that we will sell out our allotment.

Agreed,

Schools like us and Northwestern who get one shot at this every 10 years will jump at the chance to go.

I

Agreed,

Schools like us and Northwestern who get one shot at this every 10 years will jump at the chance to go.

I

It's interesting that with newbie NW making it, 7 of the 14 teams have played for the B1G Chip; this year is the 8th year of the game. WI (5) Mich. St. (3) and tOSU (3) are the only reapeat participants. Michigan might make team #8 by the season's end.

We've still got 2 years!

Top Bottom