Jeff Brohm: Louisville Speculation Completely False

I can see a scenario where they'll set up a huge long term contract with a huge buyout that locks Louisville and Brohm together. It will be either a win-win or a lose-lose situation.

Last edited:

I can see a scenario where they'll set up a huge long term contract with a huge buyout that locks Louisville and Brohm together. It will be either a win-win or a lose-lose situation.

Louisville, you have a problem: It's Called Vince Tyra. He's already sunk a ton of money in a one way contractual buyout of $14 million in favor of the coach he just fired - Bobby Petrino. Bobby says Thank You! And he micro-managed the coach. He is worried about a contractual buyout trap that he created by agreeing to it? Interesting.

Sooooooooooo, Jeff Brohm does not have pants on fire.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2018/11/14/louisville-football-vince-tyra-bobby-petrino-buyout/2002846002/

I sure hate to be a Boilermaker fan.

Last edited:

Seems like a hasty firing of Petrino but as always there’s probably more we don’t know about. Louisville is far from a helmet school and not long removed from Conference USA. They don’t recruit top 25 classes. They had some star players at QB recently that elevated their program. They won 8 or 9 games a year under Petrino until this year, which seems about right for their personnel level.

They better hope Brohm goes to them or they could drop off the map completely.

Last edited:

Seems like a hasty firing of Petrino but as always there’s probably more we don’t know about. Louisville is far from a helmet school and not long removed from Conference USA. They don’t recruit top 25 classes. They had some star players at QB recently that elevated their program. They won 8 or 9 games a year under Petrino until this year, which seems about right for their personnel level.

They better hope Brohm goes to them or they could drop off the map completely.

They’ve had 7 first round picks (22 drafted players overall) plus a Heisman winner in the last 5 years, so while their recruiting classes may not have been highly rated, they’ve proven to be a very successful program that’s a reliable talent pipeline to the NFL.

Top Bottom