Jeff Brohm: Louisville Speculation Completely False

Anyone check to see if his fingers were crossed when he said it?

With the earlier recruiting timelines, it really messes up coaching searches.

He’s so gone. Can’t blame him, it’s his Alma mater. Wonder what those on this board who wanted Brohm are thinking now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s so gone. Can’t blame him, it’s his Alma mater. Wonder what those on this board who wanted Brohm are thinking now?

Well if he does leave he raised them up a bit from where they were and the next hire can continue to build it up?

Well if he does leave he raised them up a bit from where they were and the next hire can continue to build it up?

Not neccessarily, Purdue is a very veteran heavy team this year especially on offense. Not to mention starting over again after 2 years is tough on any program.

If Brohm stays at Purdue, Purdue might take a small step backwards.
It isn't an easy handoff to the next coach.

Maybe for continuity sake, Purdue could hire Brohm's son who has been getting primed for the job.

I like to browse other forums at times to see what others opinions are.

Northwestern board seems to believe Brohm is leaving and Purdue can't do anything.
Boilermaker forum has a poll where it's 63%-37% that coach is STAYING at Purdue.

Northwestern fans are amped about going to Big Ten Title game, but some are coming to the game this weekend.

I like to browse other forums at times to see what others opinions are.

Northwestern board seems to believe Brohm is leaving and Purdue can't do anything.
Boilermaker forum has a poll where it's 63%-37% that coach is STAYING at Purdue.

Northwestern fans are amped about going to Big Ten Title game, but some are coming to the game this weekend.

I'm surprised after he was half out the door last year that anyone in Purdue can't forsee he might go. He could stay and it wouldn't shock me, but it seems much more likely he's leaving.

Yeah, I thought Brohm's resume looked impressive. Luckily, Purdue hired him on December 2016 and PJ Fleck was hired by Minnesota the following January. Minnesota would have been on yet another coaching change. That is not to say that PJ Fleck remains true to his word that this is his final stop. Bear in mind that Fleck did say at the time of the hire that MN was one of eight programs he was interested in.

Coaches are more peripatetic now. They either follow their alma mater or the money trail if they become hot commodities. The rest are in between. It will cost Louisville a tidy sum to get native son Jeff Brohm back to his old stomping ground just like it did Nebraska for Scott Frost.

The way Jeff Borhm was dressed (like a cold mallard duck that hasn't flown south) for the game last Saturday said it all. His body language on the sideline is one who questions the sanity of playing in the "cold tundra". I would love to think that THAT was the moment that something clicked in his mind.

I thing he is a goner. The delay will probably be with the Louisville brass counting all the money that they had to dole/choke out for firing Petrino and hiring Jeff Brohm. Unless the cost of Rick Pitino gets in the way, Lousiville will be happy in serious debt for a long long time. A perfect match made in heaven (and hell).

They are already examining the pros and cons of a Jeff Brohm hire in Louisville - https://bigredlouie.com/2018/11/15/pros-and-cons-jeff-brohm/

Last edited:

When it comes to cold weather schools, he won’t be completely avoiding them in the ACC. Louisville is in the Atlantic Division of the ACC, along with Syracuse (which plays inside) and Boston College. He just needs to hope they play BC in Sept. & October vs November. Also, in the B1G West, I feel like he has a legitimate shot each year at going to a title game. ACC Atlantic has Clemson and currently down Florida State as the overlords.

When it comes to cold weather schools, he won’t be completely avoiding them in the ACC. Louisville is in the Atlantic Division of the ACC, along with Syracuse (which plays inside) and Boston College. He just needs to hope they play BC in Sept. & October vs November. Also, in the B1G West, I feel like he has a legitimate shot each year at going to a title game. ACC Atlantic has Clemson and currently down Florida State as the overlords.

Yet at the same time Louisville clearly is the third best football program historically in that division. You could pretty easily argue Purdue is 5 or 6 in the west

If Brohm stays at Purdue, Purdue might take a small step backwards.
It isn't an easy handoff to the next coach.

Maybe for continuity sake, Purdue could hire Brohm's son who has been getting primed for the job.

Brohm's son is 13 years old. I'm pretty sure he's not prepared for a head football coaching job in the Big Ten.

Brohm's son is 13 years old. I'm pretty sure he's not prepared for a head football coaching job in the Big Ten.

Yeah but if you could see the way he cleans his room and always arrives early for his paper route, you’d think differently. He was born to run the Purdue program.

Interesting speculation. I think Brohm bolts for Louisville. Not positive like some seem to be but I haven't thought about it much honestly.

Hey, King Tutankhamun took over as pharaoh at age nine. Stop being an ageist. It's all about who you hire for a staff.

Next you'll be saying people can't coach based on physical attributes.

This issue with Purdue hiring Brian Brohm is that staff continuity won't remain as assistants likely bolt for Louisville for raises.

This issue with Purdue hiring Brian Brohm is that staff continuity won't remain as assistants likely bolt for Louisville for raises.

Brady retaining his dad's (Jeff) assistants could be a big issue and cause tension over the holidays.

Last edited:

It will be interesting to see how this plays out if he goes to .... getting sentimental about things as a CFB coach seems like it could be a bad choice career wise.

Top Bottom