Dan Barreiro ‏mocks Fleck/Gophers in tweet about Brohm going to Louisville

Gary, Indiana to be specific.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

I remember being in Chicago for the first time near the lake and out loud wondered what that weird smell was coming off the lake.

A local told me "oh that's Gary Indiana" and pointed in the general direction of Gary.

Man, he does it to get these reactions. You all care too much about what he tweets.

Man, he does it to get these reactions. You all care too much about what he tweets.

I'm not following him on twitter or even visiting the site so I'm not sure it really matters.

If we were visiting some site or giving him followers, then yeah that would probabbly be encouraging it.

I'm not following him on twitter or even visiting the site so I'm not sure it really matters.

If we were visiting some site or giving him followers, then yeah that would probabbly be encouraging it.

Sure. But anyone who cares what someone like him tweets, regardless if you're following him, needs to evaluate what matters. If you don't care enough to follow, why care what he says at all?

I like Barreiro. I enjoy his show. His Gopher takes are a bit and I enjoy the bit.

Dan Barreiro for me is enjoyable on certain topics. He loves to ridicule and mock teams that are losing (Twins, Gophers) and will play it down the middle on the Vikings. I think as soon as you realize he's just ripping to the Gophers to rile people up it becomes at least tolerable. You can tell he doesn't really know anything about college football though. There's never any analysis beyond what could be gleaned from the box score. Unfortunately he is taking the stance of a lot of casual Gopher "fans" when he does that.

I do like his show when he is not talking sports. With the sports stuff there is no insight - it's all just sensationalism.

My favorite parts of his show are in this order: Gerbschmidt, Mason, Nanne, and rants about bicyclists. Seifert is brilliant as Gerbschmidt, just brilliant.

Sure. But anyone who cares what someone like him tweets, regardless if you're following him, needs to evaluate what matters. If you don't care enough to follow, why care what he says at all?

I like Barreiro. I enjoy his show. His Gopher takes are a bit and I enjoy the bit.

I guess it depends on what you mean by the bold part.

I'm happy to riff off of it and complain about the local media has to say / knows about Gopher Football.

I do think the generally negative local media does have an impact, not any one tweet or personality, but overall I think it matters when the local media is full of personalities who mostly know squat of the team and are just negative about it most of the time.

The lack of knowledge and having little to offer there is really what disappointing to me, a lot of these guys know squat and have nothing but trolling to offer.

Dan Barreiro for me is enjoyable on certain topics. He loves to ridicule and mock teams that are losing (Twins, Gophers) and will play it down the middle on the Vikings. I think as soon as you realize he's just ripping to the Gophers to rile people up it becomes at least tolerable. You can tell he doesn't really know anything about college football though. There's never any analysis beyond what could be gleaned from the box score. Unfortunately he is taking the stance of a lot of casual Gopher "fans" when he does that.

I do like his show when he is not talking sports. With the sports stuff there is no insight - it's all just sensationalism.

My favorite parts of his show are in this order: Gerbschmidt, Mason, Nanne, and rants about bicyclists. Seifert is brilliant as Gerbschmidt, just brilliant.

That's pretty much how I feel. I find most of his topics interesting enough to avoid turning the station.
My thought is that he doesn't jump on any bandwagon because he wants to appear smarter than everyone else if and when it falls apart, so he just takes the easy road and takes his shots at the local teams, and if he is wrong he will play around and joke about his failure to foretell things. I do find him annoying at times though when he takes about 10 minutes to get his point across about some trivial issue, when it could take about 30 seconds.
Mase In Your Face is my favorite segment he's got; and even though I hate hockey I find Lou Nanne and his stories interesting. I do disagree with you on the Gerbshmidt bit though. At once it was mildly entertaining, but to me has gone the way of "The Chucker" on KQ years ago. I turn it off when he comes on.

He's an old bit and should be let out to pasture. They need a fresh new voice.

I'm not at all offended by the tweet. I think Barrerio's biggest offense is that it just wasn't that funny. If he took a shot at the gophs that made me laugh, I'd be all for it.

And I enjoy his show.

I remember being in Chicago for the first time near the lake and out loud wondered what that weird smell was coming off the lake.

A local told me "oh that's Gary Indiana" and pointed in the general direction of Gary.

When I drove through Gary, Indiana, the billboards were nothing but "wanted for murder" and "lawyer for hire". That is a sad, sad place.

When I drove through Gary, Indiana, the billboards were nothing but "wanted for murder" and "lawyer for hire". That is a sad, sad place.

It's amazing that you go by the south side of Chicago on your way to Gary... and still people mention Gary is bad...

I'm not at all offended by the tweet. I think Barrerio's biggest offense is that it just wasn't that funny. If he took a shot at the gophs that made me laugh, I'd be all for it.

And I enjoy his show.

+1. It's just boring and not funny.

Do you think the radio home to our Big Ten brethren go out of their way to take needless shots at the home team?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Hard to take a journalist seriously when he can't write. Case in point, "reason reason" and every sentence ending with a colon.

I've always laughed off Barreiro's take on Gopher fans being whiny snowflakes. Then I read this thread...

Damn you just ruined the Gerbschmidt bit, I thought he was real! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was in a City Pages interview a few years ago where Dan Cole explained the concept of KFAN. He said it was a bunch of guys sitting around, giving each other sh!t. That's the schtick. They give each other shat, they give everyone shat, they give the local teams shat. It does challenge everyone involved to not take themselves too seriously.

Top Bottom